Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AsphaltEagle View Post
    Navydad,,,, i do carry the rope style plugs, but know people who have used the short little plug style with success. As i said I've been lucky over the years to have never needed to use the kit. So just in case i carried extra cartridges. Knock on wood i continue to be so lucky.
    I generally over pack and have never had room for a mini compressor, and the ones that I've used on car tires took forever to pump up to min air pressure and got so hot i had to rest them.

I was given a Grimlin Bell this year so hopefully i will never need either air device.

The rope style plugs will handle a larger puncture than the rubber plugs will. One of my flat tires involved a bolt on the freeway near Orlando. My buddy had the rubber plugs and the tool to install it with. There was no way that plug would fix this puncture. The rope style did though. I currently carry rope style plugs and glue with the battery powered handheld compressor. The compressor can also be ran off the bike battery. I have inflated my truck tire with this compressor and it worked very well. I went many years with no flats and then had two in a week on my Key West ride I bought a small stuff sack and put together my tire kit, with the compressor and all that I need to plug a tire it takes up no more space than my pair of low top sneakers I pack when I travel.

2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Yes the fuse could blow on the RT cig adapter outlet

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    If you’re planning on ising the 12v plug in to power your compressor you best test it before you need it. The compressor may blow the fuse.
    JFYI It's only a 5 amp mini fuse and in testing the little compressor I bought at WW - it blew right away.
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.