Thread: Paint?

Spyder Garage

Default Paint?

I had the left side(as you sit on the bike) body panel pop off after hitting a small pot hole in the road. I retrieved it and put it back on but it didn't seem like it was solid so I stopped at a hardware store and bought some gorilla tape and put a piece on where it seemed loose. When I got home I peeled it off and much to my dismay the paint under it came off with the tape! Is there any place I could find a small bottle of matching paint like they do for cars & trucks? My 2012 RT paint color is supposed to be "Silver" but to me it looks like a light gray? If I can't find the paint I'll just find some kind of decal to cover the missing paint. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Not certain if this will work... did a search on Magnesium Metallic Paint... here is the link for the results I found. My bike is a 2012 RTS in that color. Hope this will help. I'm sure some one will answer who has more info than I do.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...archid=7505594

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tomline View Post
    I had the left side(as you sit on the bike) body panel pop off after hitting a small pot hole in the road. I retrieved it and put it back on but it didn't seem like it was solid so I stopped at a hardware store and bought some gorilla tape and put a piece on where it seemed loose. ... Thanks
    Tomline: Equally concerning to me is the fact that your side panel came off that easy. It shouldn't. If the rubber grommets that capture the 3 pins are properly mounted it's a lot of pressure to pop the panel off. I often feel like I'm almost breaking my side panel to remove the two front pins.

I've rode my spyder over 50 miles of major pothole washboard dirt roads and thought my mirrors or windshield were going to break and the panels stayed tight.

Double check your mounting grommets after you do fix the paint issue. If the panel is clipped at the top back edge (where it actually wraps around the adjacent body panel) and the three pins are seated in their respective grommets, no pothole should jar those panels off.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020