Spyder Garage

Question WTB: Camper trailer to pull behind the RT

I am on the hunt for a used camper trailer for pulling behind the RT. I have been looking at all the different models and types. and still haven't determined which is best for me.
    Of course price can be a determining factor when making such a decision. Anyone out there who is in the Texas area and is wanting to sell one that is in good condition please message me.

Spyder Garage

A very active resource is http://www.motocampers.com/

A less active group is http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mai...gid=2024593536

A search on Craigslist has always helped me when I have been looking for a motorcycle camper. You can search by brand name or search in the motorcycle section for "camper" and "trailer" and search in the RV section for "motorcycle".

With our Spyder we have towed a Combi-Camp, which are all getting very old as they don't sell them here in the US any more. Also had a Roll-A-Home with the slide out king sized bed. Our current model is a Lees-ure Lite Excel which has a full-sized bed. I like the Lees-ure Lite the best, it is smaller than the king in the Roll-A-Home but is lighter and much quicker and easier to set up.

Be careful about campers that claim to be designed to be towed by a motorcycle or very small car. To correct your question you don't "pull" a trailer, you "tow" a trailer. Pulling is only 1/3 of the process, the other two-thirds are safely controlling and safely braking. Forget the teardrops and others such as the Aliner Alite that is advertised as as weighing only 400 lbs and a supposed tongue weight of 40 lbs. We weighed an empty one with no options and it and it actually weighed 560 lbs. with a tongue weight of 90 lbs!

Never never never ever ever ever believe any weight specifications from any RV manufacturer. Never ever.

Per the Spyder manual the allowable maximum loaded trailer weight is 400 lbs. and the maximum tongue weight is 40 lbs.

This is our Roll-A-Home from our vacation last year.
    C & B Lynch (Large).jpg

Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller