Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Sena battery replacement

So the battery on my Sena control unit didn't last but about 5 hours-- wife's could last a couple of hours more. So----- I ordered a new battery and replaced it. Not a hard job ( if you don't screw up the Molex connector). Now it also charges faster and the replacement battery is 20% more amperage. There are videos out there.

Oh: good vision, steady hands, and good light do help a lot.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default I did mine as well

I replaced the battery on my 20S as well. As you say, not difficult and performance is outstanding as the unit lasts all day now.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    So the battery on my Sena control unit didn't last but about 5 hours-- wife's could last a couple of hours more. So----- I ordered a new battery and replaced it. Not a hard job ( if you don't screw up the Molex connector). Now it also charges faster and the replacement battery is 20% more amperage. There are videos out there.

Lew L
    So, are you talking about and SMH10 helmet unit or other model Sena helmet unit? or the SM10 dongle? Inquiring minds want to know. We have 5 year old SMH10's with an SM10 dongle, and so far, the batteries in the SMH10's still hold up to a full day's riding. I generally just charge them the night before we are going out for the day. I don't leave them on a charger all the time. Same with the SM10. The Spyder charges that, and unless I forget to turn it off, it stays plenty charged.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Batteries for SMH10

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post

Lew L
    What is the battery #? Thanks in advance.

Spyder Garage

Old guy,

SMH 5 --- so its been around the block a few times.

Marty,

Just google SMH 5 battery and you'll get the number.

Be careful with the Molex plug!!!! The plastic is softish. Also check polarity first. Video said it's sometimes reversed ( use pins and a volt/ohm meter )

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

If anyone does not feel comfortable doing battery replacement, I have been doing it free for people.
    You buy the batteries (I can give you links on Ebay) and pay shipping both ways.
    I have done about 30 of them so far for many Spyder Lovers.
    This includes Cardio units as well.

Oh and I also can do GPS batteries.

Message me if you want to connect and have me do yours.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black