Spyder Garage

Default Hows your rear fender

Hi group,Im just wondering does your rear fender sit perfectly lined up with the rear tire?Ive noticed that my fender sits about 1/2" to the right of the centerline of my tire on my new RTL.It was like this when I got it at dealer but I didn't noticed till I got home.Are they all like this and is there anything I can do to fix?

Spyder Garage

Default Rear fender.

I had the same issue on my 2016RT. I took the bike in for a wheel alignment check and mentioned it to the mechanic. He raised the seat and slackened 4 bolts which he said held the whole back end on. After aligning the fender with the tyre he tightened the 4 bolts, took about 10 minutes. Hope this helps.
    Alan.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flier Tuck View Post
    I had the same issue on my 2016RT. I took the bike in for a wheel alignment check and mentioned it to the mechanic. He raised the seat and slackened 4 bolts which he said held the whole back end on. After aligning the fender with the tyre he tightened the 4 bolts, took about 10 minutes. Hope this helps.
    Alan.
    I just went out and found those bolts,loosened them and I couldn't get the back end to move at all.Im thinking with all the other bodywork still attached that it wont move until I loosen other parts but bolts everywhere and maybe some hidden by the inner trunk bucket.I guess if nobody has any other ideas Ill start taking stuff apart until it moves.

Spyder Garage

Default Mine is the same way

Quote Originally Posted by spyder01 View Post
    I just went out and found those bolts,loosened them and I couldn't get the back end to move at all.Im thinking with all the other bodywork still attached that it wont move until I loosen other parts but bolts everywhere and maybe some hidden by the inner trunk bucket.I guess if nobody has any other ideas Ill start taking stuff apart until it moves.
    I have a hitch on mine which also makes the visual mis-alignment more noticeable.
    I will try to align it at some point, but right now I have a few other items on my growing list of things that need to be done and this one is towards the bottom.
    Let us know if you are able to get it right.
    2016 RT Limited - Red: Purchased from Pikes Peak Motorsports
    Dealer installed: TriAxis Bars;
    Self Installed: BahaRon SwayBar, Bumpskid, Corbin Armrests, Dave's BT Cable, ShowChrome Luggage Rack,Foam Grips
    Wishlist: Fox Shocks, Long Distance Seat, HID Headlights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder01 View Post
    Once the 4 bolts are loose, use a crowbar to slide the body over. All the other fasteners hook to each other, so find the right spot and pry. It will move.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Hard To Say

My rear fender may or may not be aligned. Hard to say, because its in several pieces, taped together. Getting it fixed next week.
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

I found my fender slightly leaning to the right also, after it hit Spyderpops hitch plate and cracked.

I had the fender replaced the other day and it is cockeyed to the right also. Thanks for the info on how to fix it.

Dave

Spyder Garage

Yea I did loosen the 4 bolts which did allow it to wiggle just a tiny bit.Then I got out some pry bars and pushed hard and tightened in that position but the difference at the lower fender was so slight it was hardly noticeable and I need to move it about a 1/2".I then tried a heat gun which softened it up enuf that I got a 1/4" of movement and I think Im gonna leave it be.Im also in the process of designing a mudflap with a little bling.That will cover so much I dont think the tire will be noticeable.