Spyder Garage

Default 9 month goal to be F3L owner

First off, thanks for the add here & on the FB page. You all are truly one of the best communities I've witnessed.

I have a 9 month goal to finally own one. I've stalked and dreamed for 1 1/2 yrs now. I thought I wanted a base model but after hours upon hours of research, it's an F3L.

I'm not a rider at all, but the niche can am appeals to kinda. I have zero motorcycle experience. This is good and bad. I have no bad habits or muscle memories to get over. All I know is snowmobiles in MI and atv'n in eastern KY hills (this is my "go to"). Also i'm 36, not the usual age demographic (no offensive here please).

So I've finally set myself an achievable realistic goal to make this come true! First is the canam course. The wife is gonna go also so she can enjoy the joy of the toy also. All my ducks will be in a row come next spring. I could be impulsive now but as a father of 3 young boys .... I've learned a lot of patience and planning.

Again, thanks. I really hope to offer more to this community in the future. For the time being, thanks for listening and answering, & just putting up with noob with a dream!

Spyder Garage

Congratulations on a thoughtful plan, many of us did the impulsive thing and are blessed by the experience, but it's good to have plans as well.
    With your past sled and ATV experience Spyder riding will likely be much easier to grasp. I've grown up with all three and liken it to sleds on hardpack when trying to explain it to fellow northerners.
    The CanAM Spyder course will really hep you confirm your personal riding position as well.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Good plan and your goals are admirable. I can't speak for others but some …. (me) could use a bit less of the "impulse" when it comes to all things Spyder. This is my second summer on my Spyder and every ride is better than the last. I would compare the ride when cornering more like a four wheel ATV than a snowmobile. They corner pretty much flat, on city streets you can lean if you want but it's not necessary in most cases.

I also like the "niche" of the Spyder. Typically at the gas station we get questions like, what is it? who makes it? And one woman thought mine was a prop from a Batman movie.

9 months will be here before you know it. Enjoy the search for the perfect Spyder and we look forward to hearing about your experiences!

LORD GRANT ME THE SENILITY TO FORGET THE PEOPLE I NEVER LIKED,
    THE GOOD FORTUNE TO RUN INTO THE ONES I DO LIKE,
    AND THE EYE SIGHT TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

2016 Spyder RTS

Spyder Garage

Congratulations on your planning and patience. Keep in mind that 9 months from now you will still be in prime selling season and year end model discounts will likely not be available. If you're looking at used, it may not matter, but if new appeals to you, think about waiting a few more months for the left over 2019's.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Spyder Garage

Default Goals !

I like a guy with goals.

9 months will fly by
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Good luck & enjoy

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowkast View Post
    First off, thanks for the add here & on the FB page. You all are truly one of the best communities I've witnessed.

I have a 9 month goal to finally own one. I've stalked and dreamed for 1 1/2 yrs now. I thought I wanted a base model but after hours upon hours of research, it's an F3L.

I'm not a rider at all, but the niche can am appeals to kinda. I have zero motorcycle experience. This is good and bad. I have no bad habits or muscle memories to get over. All I know is snowmobiles in MI and atv'n in eastern KY hills (this is my "go to"). Also i'm 36, not the usual age demographic (no offensive here please).

So I've finally set myself an achievable realistic goal to make this come true! First is the canam course. The wife is gonna go also so she can enjoy the joy of the toy also. All my ducks will be in a row come next spring. I could be impulsive now but as a father of 3 young boys .... I've learned a lot of patience and planning.

Again, thanks. I really hope to offer more to this community in the future. For the time being, thanks for listening and answering, & just putting up with noob with a dream!

Anticipation is half the fun! Not really, but I'm sure you'll enjoy the dream and you'll appreciate actually having one even more. Let us know as your plan progresses.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Welcome! Sounds like you are a in a good place for the ride. I also had no motorcycle (driving) experience, was only a passenger before. After taking the class, getting on after that was easy.
    I got my ride this year in May, the rebates just hit nicely for the '17s, made me smile from ear to ear to take her out from the dealership. I call it a whirlwind romance as once I started, she was in my hands about 3 weeks later.

Plenty to learn here!
    2017 F3-L Intense red "Wings"
    Spyderpops Spyclops Light
    Tric LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Madstad Windshield
    Phoenix - Wrap My Spyder
    Lamonster Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Rich's Custom Seats
    2017 F3-L , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome, welcome 👍

Welcome to the 🎪... you will get all your answers here and we will soon see your new ryde parked in your driveway....the wait will get worse after the course but hang in there....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you have a good plan in place. And what they said about time...it goes by so quick it will soon be time to go down and pick it up.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Cool

Well 2 months later. I have 2 very nice helmets for the wife and I at discount/ clearance prices. Other misc gear at great prices also (gonna be a smart safe ryder). A 14 x 28 storage building with the garage door getting setup here in a few weeks. Riders course for the wife and I in November in Charlotte ($Free thanks to the promo code). Finally my credit score is so close to this magic number I want it to be at and the wife got the job she was going for so I Know I can comfortably handle an extra monthly payment.

When you really want something, you put that plan in action. When it's a new toy.... you go hard! This is going quicker and smoother then expected so far. Thanks for listening.
    20180823_182837_006_01.jpg

Spyder Garage

Hey If the New $10,000 Model is Great for Local Driving Many like me might give up their F3's to New
    Comers Like you?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Well 2 months later. I have 2 very nice helmets for the wife and I at discount/ clearance prices. Other misc gear at great prices also (gonna be a smart safe ryder). A 14 x 28 storage building with the garage door getting setup here in a few weeks. Riders course for the wife and I in November in Charlotte ($Free thanks to the promo code). Finally my credit score is so close to this magic number I want it to be at and the wife got the job she was going for so I Know I can comfortably handle an extra monthly payment.

When you really want something, you put that plan in action. When it's a new toy.... you go hard! This is going quicker and smoother then expected so far. Thanks for listening.
    20180823_182837_006_01.jpg
    There ya go! Now its only 7 months to go.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    There ya go! Now its only 7 months to go.
    That's the thing, not sure if it's gonna be next spring at this rate. Maybe I can get everything together to purchase sooner then planned. Already see some good prices on leftover units
    Last edited by Shadowkast; 09-09-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Patience will pay off

That's the thing, not sure if it's gonna be next spring at this rate. Maybe I can get everything together to purchase sooner then planned. Already see some good prices on leftover units
    I think your patience in making the purchase will pay off. In addition to good prices on leftover units there are often also good deals on current owners with buyers remorse for various reasons which I found when I purchased my F3L.

Good luck to you!
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm enjoying following your journey to Spyder-ness! Keep the reports coming!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Wish you good fortune in finding one you like. I just purchased an F3 Limited and I love it. I'm new to the spyder and cycles, but I took the rider ed class got my endorsement and am enjoying every minute on this thing. It's like driving a sports car, love the open air ride. Keep us posted on your progress.

Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jlc41 View Post
    Wish you good fortune in finding one you like. I just purchased an F3 Limited and I love it. I'm new to the spyder and cycles, but I took the rider ed class got my endorsement and am enjoying every minute on this thing. It's like driving a sports car, love the open air ride. Keep us posted on your progress.

Joe
    What year did you get and can I ask the price? imotorsports just quoted me $21,999 for an 18 F3L.( MSRP on a 19 is $24,499 now. ) it's the pearl white dark edition that my heart is set on. Seems like a fair price especially given it's shipped to my driveway here in back woods Kentucky. Thoughts?

Spyder Garage

What year did you get and can I ask the price? imotorsports just quoted me $21,999 for an 18 F3L.( MSRP on a 19 is $24,499 now. ) it's the pearl white dark edition that my heart is set on. Seems like a fair price especially given it's shipped to my driveway here in back woods Kentucky. Thoughts?

If the 18 is $21k, how much is the 17? Have you looked?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-17-2024 at 06:45 PM.

Spyder Garage

Shadowkast, it's a 2018 F3 Limited, $24.5k out the door, tax, reg, prep all inclusive. That sounds like a good deal. I checked with imotorsports and when you get done with NJ sales tax and reg they were the same as the local dealer, so I went with the local guy.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-17-2024 at 06:46 PM.
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jlc41 View Post
    Shadowkast, it's a 2018 F3 Limited, $24.5k out the door, tax, reg, prep all inclusive. That sounds like a good deal. I checked with imotorsports and when you get done with NJ sales tax and reg they were the same as the local dealer, so I went with the local guy.
    I just got a quote on the triple black F3L from a local dealer (hour north of me) for $21,000 +tax. I think I might go local also.

Edit: the few places I've been following online that had 17's were just a few dollars less than a 18. They have all seem to be bought up where I've looked
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-17-2024 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

I think this is the one! $22,380 true out the door (tax, title, license, everything, etc). I've received many quotes but this is the best one and it's local so I can build that relationship with the shop. I don't think I'll see much of a better price in the spring. Now to convince the wife my 9 month goal has shortened drastically

20180206_104321.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-17-2024 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display ;-)

Spyder Garage

Default looks like a beauty

good luck, and
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think this is the one! $22,380 true out the door (tax, title, license, everything, etc). I've received many quotes but this is the best one and it's local so I can build that relationship with the shop. I don't think I'll see much of a better price in the spring. Now to convince the wife my 9 month goal has shortened drastically

20180206_104321.jpg

It's a beauty. Good luck.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-17-2024 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)