Spyder Garage

Question How to lower handlebar F3 2018. Thank you for any help.

I just bought a 2018 Spyder F3 to exchange my 2012 RS SE5. What a change. I love it. Now the problem is the handbag is to hight. He look like that I just need to unscrew the 4 bolts and lower the handle bar. Is this the right thing to do?
    Thank you again for your time.

Spyder Garage

Yes. Just loosen enough to move the bars down. Than tighten each bolt a little at a time in a cross patern till all are tight. Had to do that with my new 18 limited.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The exact same process that motorcyclists have been using for over 100 years!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

and on your new F3.

They got you covered on the question.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

One thing to note is that there is a slot in the centre of the bar that fits into a nub, that limits the distance you can rotate the bars up and down (a couple of inches each way at the grips) Also make sure you test the bars at full lock before you head out on the road, to make sure the bars/controls don’t snag anything and prevent you making a tight turn.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Heck! We used to grind those limiting nubs off of every control pod that we could!
    Just make sure that you keep them REALLY well-tightened down!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    One thing to note is that there is a slot in the centre of the bar that fits into a nub, that limits the distance you can rotate the bars up and down (a couple of inches each way at the grips) Also make sure you test the bars at full lock before you head out on the road, to make sure the bars/controls don’t snag anything and prevent you making a tight turn.

Pete
    Andalso check that tgey don’t scratch the paint on your gas tank.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Yes. Just loosen enough to move the bars down. Than tighten each bolt a little at a time in a cross patern till all are tight. Had to do that with my new 18 limited.
    I will try this today and keep you update. Thank you again everyone for the help. By the way the F3 2018 compare to the 2012 RS SE5 is day and night

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Thank you I appreciate it

Thank you, I appreciate it
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post

Pete

Spyder Garage

Good advice already---all I'd add is you might wish to consider using blue Loc Tite on the threads of the handlebar clamping bolts. It will definitely keep them from loosening once you've torqued them properly! Good luck!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

Default F3 7mm hex socket to adj handlebars

Quote Originally Posted by CarrilloJean View Post
    I just bought a 2018 Spyder F3 to exchange my 2012 RS SE5. What a change. I love it. Now the problem is the handbag is to hight. He look like that I just need to unscrew the 4 bolts and lower the handle bar. Is this the right thing to do?
    Thank you again for your time.
    A Husky 7mm hex socket with extension will break loose the 4 bolts holding F3 handlebars, (Ace Hardware sells the 7mm Hex socket).
    note: It takes a lot of strength to break bolts loose, extension bar helps.
    Jim

7mm hex Husky socket to adj F3 handlebars IMG_4577.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Heck! We used to grind those limiting nubs off of every control pod that we could!
    Just make sure that you keep them REALLY well-tightened down!
    Hahaha.....yep......but you obviously don’t put 300lbs of pressure on the bars when you are mounting and dismounting, Bob. Even well tightened, my bars bend down if I mount or dismount at the wrong angle. If the nub wasn’t there, my bars would be resting on the tank and I’d have to break out the socket set

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red