Spyder Garage

Default Schuberth C4 helmets with SC1 Standard comm

Wife and I bought the Schuberth C3 helmets five years back and installed the Cardo Scala Rider G9 communicators. After three or four years one of the G9s gave up the ghost and we replaced them with Cardo Freecom2s. Both models were paired with the Zumo GPS on our RT Ltds (initially a 2012 and now a 2014), satellite radio via the Sena bluetooth dongle, and my cell phone via the ZUMO. All worked as desired, not to say that occasionally the gremlins didn't visit more than once and required some level of attention to get things back as we wanted.

Recently we decided to heed Schuberth's recommendation and replaced our helmets as they were 5 years old. This time we bought the newer modular model , the C4. We immediately ordered the integrated communicators Schuberth offers for the C4, the SC1 standard. Pairing them in the same configuration that we had the Cardo units and all works as desired. These communicators are made by Sena where the communicators available from Schuberth for the C3 helmet was made by Cardo.

We find the present set a better environment with less ambient noise pick up, good clarity and volume range.

Just wanted to let you all know that this set up available from Schuberth is great! Helmet comfort for our head dimensions is excellent and noise is low.

This set up is pricey, but I guess you get what you pay for.
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights
    2014 Limited , Silver Playinum Satin

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Good to know, thank you for this!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

The wife and I love our C4 helmets with the SC1's, yes they are pricey, but what is the cost of your head? If you are a Veteran, you can buy them through Cycle gear at a 10% discount. I don't think most Cycle gear stores have them in stock. but they get them in pretty quick.
    USAF MSgt, Retired
    2018 F3 Intense Red
    Squared Away Lasar alignment, TricLED Headlights, Foglights,Safety Bundle with Turn Module, BajaRon Sway Bar,Squared Away Mirror Wedges, Stebel Air Horn, Dash Turn Indicators, TricLED USA Flag
    2018 F3L , Intense Red