Thread: se5 oil leak

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default se5 oil leak

My wife got her very own Spyder a month ago and has only been able to ride it twice now. The oil line which feeds the auto shift case had a leak from it ever since our 100 plus mile ride home from the dealer. Took it to a diffrent dealer closer to the house, still leaking after two weeks in the shop. Took it back to our purchasing dealer, they found finally the leak after I explained where to look for it, again, replaced it's crush washers on that line, still leaks. Now waiting on brp to respond back about maybe a hairline crack in the housing or a pourous housing. Anyone else had that problem on the se5. Glad I have a sm5 myself. wife's feelings are

Spyder Garage

This has nothing to do with being an SE5 or an SM5, other than it is a part that may not exist on the manual. Nobody here has reported it before, so it's evidently an isolated incident. Sounds like purely a mechanical problem, and although they are puzzled at the moment, since the most obvious fix failed, I'm sure they will make it right for you. Sorry for your wife's disapointment. I'm sure she will be ryding soon.
    -Scotty

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The dealer told me today that brp is sending a complete new auto shift box. They have had others with the same problem and over torque of the oil line fitting was the culpret. This stands to reason with what I've seen with the leak so far. Glad to hear it was not the first time it showed up for them so that a fix has been determined for it. Hopefully the entire new housing assembly will be the end of it. Wife's hopefull and happy again. Should be riding in about a week and a half.