Thread: Radio

Spyder Garage

Default Radio

When i start up my 2018 F 3 Limited the radio always comes on. Even if i have previously turned it off. Then i have to turn it down or off again. I don't use the radio, never used it on my wings or victory.
    Is it normal for the radio to come on every time the bike is started?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AsphaltEagle View Post
    When i start up my 2018 F 3 Limited the radio always comes on. Even if i have previously turned it off. Then i have to turn it down or off again. I don't use the radio, never used it on my wings or victory.
    Is it normal for the radio to come on every time the bike is started?
    I have had my 2018 f3 for a week now and noticed the same thing only mine doesn’t come on every time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Mark View Post
    I have had my 2018 f3 for a week now and noticed the same thing only mine doesn’t come on every time.
    I have had my F3 Limited for a year now and the radio has never come on when I start the bike !!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't use the radio, never used it on my wings or victory.
    Go to the radio and turn the volume all the way DOWN.

However, if you DO use a different audio input, I believe that it will default to RADIO each time.

Spyder Garage

Turn the volume down but do not mute it. It will remember the lowered volume over stop/start cycles but not mute.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Press the Eco button then press the MODE button until AUX shows as the source. Problem solved.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

See post #5

Radio is always on--you just have to have the sound set to the bottom when you want it off. Holding the center/bottom pointer down will do that. For radio, press the center/top pointer to get the volume where you want it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would suggest also getting your Advanced Gauge Cluster updated. See elsewhere (General section) for more details. The 2018's are different than any previous audio system: what worked on a 2017 (or earlier) won't necessarily work on the 2018.
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    See post #5

Radio is always on--you just have to have the sound set to the bottom when set the volume to zero. Holding the center/bottom pointer down will do that. For radio, press the center/top pointer to get the volume where you want it.
    This is true in a way, but it only mutes the volume. If you are controlling an iPod, putting on the "mute" will not stop the iPod from playing, The iPod will continue playing the songs you just won't hear it. Setting the volume to zero doesn't turn off the radio . There is no way to turn this audio system "off" you can only mute the volume. My earlier post about setting it to AUX with nothing connected to the AUX input will do the best to make no sound regardless of the volume setting.
    Last edited by Rattlebars; 07-16-2018 at 03:23 PM.
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Default Radio turns on

Ive had the latest sw update. Same situation, when ever i start the bike the radio turns on.
    I then lower the vol to lowest setting, then holding down a little longer will turn the radio off. But later when i restart the bike the radio turns on again, sometimes with loud vol, sometimes vol very low.
    On my wings and victory when i turned the radio off it stayed off untill i turned it on.
    I think i have sw ver 12.2
    I don't use the aux input. I rarely use the radio.
    Guess i will just have to live with it....if this is the only problem i ever have I'll be happy rider.

Spyder Garage

When I start up my 2015 F3 base model, I never hear a radio.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
    When I start up my 2015 F3 base model, I never hear a radio.
    Yours is not controlled by screwed up software.

Spyder Garage

Ive had the latest sw update. Same situation, when ever i start the bike the radio turns on.
    I then lower the vol to lowest setting, then holding down a little longer will turn the radio off. But later when i restart the bike the radio turns on again, sometimes with loud vol, sometimes vol very low.
    On my wings and victory when i turned the radio off it stayed off untill i turned it on.
    I think i have sw ver 12.2
    I don't use the aux input. I rarely use the radio.
    Guess i will just have to live with it....if this is the only problem i ever have I'll be happy rider.
    My point is to have silence all the time, set input to AUX and plug nothing in to the AUX input cable. That you don't use the AUX is perfect. Set it to AUX and leave it there. Silence until you set it to a different input such as FM. This radio is always on with the key. Always.

ASIDE: I use a naked AUX input to pause the iPod. It takes 5 presses of the ultra comfy mode "button" to get it back to my iPod, but the iPod does not play all my songs away because I forgot to unmute it after using the volume down way to silence it.

Spyder Garage

Yes this has happened and embarrassed me before.... I mute, shut down, then restart and full volume... not getting a 2017 sort of a regret, the old setup seems much nicer with the s gauges