Spyder Garage

Default Conversion left hand controls

Hello there,

I recently purchased a new 2018 RT Limited SE6 spyder and am looking for suggestions and or best methods of switching all vital controls to the right side of the handle bar. Do to a bad wreck when I was younger, I have limited mobility in my left arm/hand and struggle to use controls on the left side. I was hoping by posting on this forum that someone might be able to give me suggestions or at least point me in the right direction into getting the controls converted. I’m located in Alberta, Canada.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Blockhart; 07-13-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome, welcome 👍

Welcome to both the spyder world and this most informative site... congrats on the new ryde.. You need to let us know what model and year you have as this will help get you the information you need. There is a forum here that deals with modifications of this type you can check there. If you are talking about an RT with the SE6 semi-auto controls that is a lot to move over to the right. Hope someone has done this and you can find the way to do it....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Welcome to both the spyder world and this most informative site... congrats on the new ryde.. You need to let us know what model and year you have as this will help get you the information you need. There is a forum here that deals with modifications of this type you can check there. If you are talking about an RT with the SE6 semi-auto controls that is a lot to move over to the right. Hope someone has done this and you can find the way to do it....
    Have to agree with Chupaca above! Welcome to the Spyder world, and we have some really brilliant people on this "Bored" so you should find the help you need! Ryde safe!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

I too am looking for a solution to this since having a stroke which has left me with limited hand action. Eager to see pics and if it’s possible before I purchase a spyder

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Timclark View Post
    I too am looking for a solution to this since having a stroke which has left me with limited hand action. Eager to see pics and if it’s possible before I purchase a spyder
    The OP only made TWO posts here and the last one was on 7-13-18 ..... so I would PM or E-mail Him for any info ...... Mike