Hi all. My girlfriend just purchased a new to her 2012 Spyder RT. She has some street experience as she owned a Sportster. I have 0 street experience but have owned and ridden atv's of the 3and 4 wheel varieties. We live near Kansas City, MO and she finds her Spyder in Denver, CO. She was pretty sold on this machine and insisted we needed to go and bring it home. We figured it to be about a ten hour drive so we got a few things lined out and headed to Denver.
She signs the papers and off we go with this new awesome touring machine. We stopped in a large parking lot to get a feel for this thing and hit the highway. We decided we would take turns riding the Spyder and driving the truck. Our first pitstop had my girl saying this thing does not handle wind like a motorcycle. She said even her little Sportster from back in the day was more settled than the Spyder. Now it was my turn. Like a street legal ATV right? More like a 65-70 mph white knuckle windstorm with passing 18 wheelers that nearly blow you off the highway. Took us almost 13 hours to make our ten hour drive.
I realize this wasn't the greatest idea or way to gain experience but we wrew crunched for time and didn't have funds for delivery. My big question right now is are these things always this susceptible to wind turbulence? What is the best way to deal with it?

Thank you and glad to be here!