Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 600

Don't forget to add the car tire. Did 65K on one, Fl. CA & Can from KY. All you can ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBuckeye View Post
    Wish I had the room to stash my Burgman 650. Fun ride and a highway eater. Rode it to Canada and back. Comfortable (after I modified the seat) and swapped for Kurykan grips.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We are going to have to disagree here Bob. My buddies wife rides an mxz 600ACE sport. 60, maybe 65 if you have enough room and snow conditions are perfect is all it has. That sled with fluids is about 500lbs. I just cant see that engine providing enough power to be a satisfying and safe Spyder power plant for any type of rider.

I don't think the 900 is a great engine either in terms of satisfying power (in a sled anyway) but it would be adequate for a low buck Spyder especially if its a smaller, lighter model.

Both the 600 and 900 are bullet proof power plants so that is a plus.

To be completely honest, in my opinion the most cost effective way for BRP to power a low buck Spyder is just use the 1330 and electronically de-tune it to meet a specified hp or top speed number.

I guess we will find out in a couple weeks. Fingers are crossed its a half way decent bike so I can buy one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    We are going to have to disagree here Bob. My buddies wife rides an mxz 600ACE sport. 60, maybe 65 if you have enough room and snow conditions are perfect is all it has. That sled with fluids is about 500lbs. I just cant see that engine providing enough power to be a satisfying and safe Spyder power plant for any type of rider.

I don't think the 900 is a great engine either in terms of satisfying power (in a sled anyway) but it would be adequate for a low buck Spyder especially if its a smaller, lighter model.

Both the 600 and 900 are bullet proof power plants so that is a plus.

To be completely honest, in my opinion the most cost effective way for BRP to power a low buck Spyder is just use the 1330 and electronically de-tune it to meet a specified hp or top speed number.

I guess we will find out in a couple weeks. Fingers are crossed its a half way decent bike so I can buy one.
    Either way I hope it has a comfortable seat (Not a Crouch Rocket) and some storage for small things and Good Shocks you don't have to replace? I could do without Manual Shifting as I Get Older and I could sell my 2015 and Make $$ in the deal!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Hey Lamont how close are these guys guessing this new entry model? is ir a 600 or 900 any storage driveline clutch system etc. Come on throw us a bone!!
    SNOWMOBILING ON PAVEMENT!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

He's not going to say anything...
    He can keep a secret better than the only survivor or a remote island!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Yeah I figured that just trying to stir him up talk to me Lamont
    SNOWMOBILING ON PAVEMENT!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When he sends you a PM with all of the specs and pictures of the bike; AND all of the following:
    Jimmy Hoffa's final resting place
    Next week's PowerBall Lottery winning numbers
    Some seriously good stock recommendations...
    and
    Who REALLY shot JFK...

Be sure and share it with the rest of us!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 08-28-2018 at 11:00 AM.

Spyder Garage

Yup! Good luck on an early "spilling of the beans." We will hear about it when we are supposed to. I believe its next Monday--but don't hold me to that.

In "Anticipation" of the announcement--here is some Carly Simon...

https://youtu.be/4NwP3wes4M8?t=4
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-28-2018 at 01:54 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I just spoke to my local dealers, two different ones. One said he'd been sworn to secrecy, however, he didn't know anything anyway so it was a moot point. The other dealer said he's seen the rear end of it at a BRP only dealer trade show. He said it looked fantastic, but had no details whatsoever. He also said the regional BRP rep has seen it and has all of the details, but won't share due to the BRP information embargo.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FIRECAT View Post
    Hey Lamont how close are these guys guessing this new entry model? is ir a 600 or 900 any storage driveline clutch system etc. Come on throw us a bone!!
    Lots of luck with that. I'm sure he has signed a non-disclosure agreement — one of many, and the very last ever if BRP gets an inkling that he broke the embargo.

2013 RS-S SM5 [His] • 2021 RT Base [Hers] • 1977 Bultaco custom roadster • 1974 Harley-Davidson/Aermacchi 350 SS

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

All I know is that I will be ryding one, two weeks from this coming Friday!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't forget to take pictures: lots of them!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    All I know is that I will be ryding one, two weeks from this coming Friday!
    Some people have all the luck.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Will do! The day after our rally we head back to Sacramento to conduct Demo Rydes of the 2019 models for BRP! Now I am assuming the $9999.99 Spyder will be there as well. Camera and Phone will be ready to aim and shoot!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Will you adopt me?

Spyder Garage

I did a long time ago!

Spyder Garage

You are comparing apple to oranges here. The amount of drag and the contact patch is so much greater on the snowmobile. My first car had 36hp (1956 VW Bug) and it would do 70+mph. My then stock 90hp, 4kLB, 2003 VW Golf TDI would easily do 125mph.

Properly geared and mapped, 60-90hp could do pretty well on a newer 3 wheeler.

Regards,

Don
    2017 F3T , Triple Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dondje View Post
    You are comparing apple to oranges here. The amount of drag and the contact patch is so much greater on the snowmobile. My first car had 36hp (1956 VW Bug) and it would do 70+mph. My then stock 90hp, 4kLB, 2003 VW Golf TDI would easily do 125mph.

Properly geared and mapped, 60-90hp could do pretty well on a newer 3 wheeler.

Regards,

Don

To each his own but I can say with asurity that my 106 HP RS Spyder that weighs somewhere between 700-800 lbs will not do 125 mph. 0-95 its pretty strong. 95-115 it takes some room. This makes me believe a 60hp motor is going to be pretty weak in a spyder unless they can drop significant weight. Personally as long as its quick from 0-95 that's all that really matters.

Spyder Garage

http://www.motorcycle.com/mini-featu...work-patent-03

Ran into Patent drawings for the Can Am Spyder Project S??? Maybe posted before- But Interesting pictures- Could it be a Single rear swingarm and I suppose there will be a axle and 2 wheels in the front. Can't wait to see!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We'll know more in just a couple of weeks...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    We'll know more in just a couple of weeks...
    I thought it was the 9th?

Spyder Garage

To each his own but I can say with asurity that my 106 HP RS Spyder that weighs somewhere between 700-800 lbs will not do 125 mph. 0-95 its pretty strong. 95-115 it takes some room. This makes me believe a 60hp motor is going to be pretty weak in a spyder unless they can drop significant weight. Personally as long as its quick from 0-95 that's all that really matters.
    I've done 128 on my 2008 GS... so yes.. they can do it.
    F3 can go even faster.
    Not really that important to me... the 0-60 and 60-80 is what's important to me...

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    http://www.motorcycle.com/mini-featu...work-patent-03

Ran into Patent drawings for the Can Am Spyder Project S??? Maybe posted before- But Interesting pictures- Could it be a Single rear swingarm and I suppose there will be a axle and 2 wheels in the front. Can't wait to see!
    Interesting drawings. I LOVE the single swingarm. Looks like a shaft drive. I'd be shocked if the new 'cheap' model has a shaft drive.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It could be an indicator of things yet to come...