Spyder Garage

Default Not quite new owner

Been a Harley rider for years. Loved the new infotainment system on the newer bikes. It’s time for 3 wheels. Any ex Harley riders very familiar with that system now riding a spyder that can give me unbiased opinion on what they like and dislike about the two? I liked the built in system in the Harley so how does the BRP connect compare? Also want a CB to communicate with others in my group

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I can't speak about personal experience with BRP Connect, but you'll get strong opinions pro and con. Those who get it to work love it. Those who have trouble with it hate it. What is unknown is how much is operator related, i.e. patience, resolve, and expertise, and how much is tech related, i.e., Android vs iOS, Bluetooth versions, etc.

As for CB you can have an OEM CB up through the 2017 model year RT with wired headset only. Otherwise, your options are the J&M JMCB-2003 handlebar mounted unit connected via wire or BT adapter, or a handheld CB such as Midland connected via BT using the Sena SR10 adapter. BRP dropped the CB option in 2018.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Thank you.

Spyder Garage

I was a lifelong Harley rider, but arthritis in the shoulders led me to the Spyder with it's power steering. I came off a TriGlide. I am very happy with the Spyder, but will say the Infotainment on the HD is much more user friendly than what is on the Spyder. The Harley still has all of the gauges and the Infotainment is just that, where the spyder has everything rolled into the electronic dash, which compromises the ease of use. JMHO.

Once you get used to the Spyder I am sure you will like it, but it definitely is a different animal.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Took two test rides 2up on each machine. My wife and I are not into group rides, so inter-bike communication is not one of our concerns. We ride to get away if you know what I mean. Safety and comfort were our main concerns. The spyder has twice the rubber on the road when it comes to panic stops and control. Feature to feature the spyder was just about 10k less than the HD when it was time to write the check. The spyder is much easier to mount and dismount and was more comfortable to ride. The final clincher was that my wife felt safer on spyder than the HD. It was her money also. A final caveat. My good friend opted for the HD and it sat in his garage for just about a year while he battled with HD over the oil transfer issue. How would you like to see your new spyder take a hiatus in your garage for about a year before you could really get it out and ride it?