Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Dorr, michigan
    Posts
    1,035
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default Things I love about my spyder

    After all the negative things I have read about Spyders, I thought I would take the time to post my top 20 things that I like about my 2015 RTL, and why I like them.
    The TOP reason I love it is it is just a riot to ride!

    1. Three wheels. No longer worry about falling over, never have to put my feet down at stop light.
    2. Frunk. Much more storage on my spyder than I was accustomed to on a two wheeler.
    3. Handling. Once you get the hang of it, the spyder handles like a very nimble sports car.
    4. Smoothness of ride. To give you an idea of smoothness, the pedometer my wife wore on the Venture Royale would register thousands of steps per ride, on the rear of the Spyder she gets less than 100 steps per ride.
    5. 1330 Power. The power of the 1330, although not a barn burner, is more than enough to tow my camper anywhere I chose to go without being a traffic hazard because I cant reach the posted speed.
    6. Dependability. If you look at my signature you will see the states we have had the Spyder to in just the three short years we have had it. We head out for 2 weeks every year towing the camper, and very seldom put on less than 5000 miles per trip. We have never been let down.
    7. Parking brake. I love being able to get off the bike on hot blacktop and not worrying about if the bike will fall over because of a kickstand sinking into the hot blacktop, while I am away from it. Find a spot, touch the switch, and go.
    8. The adjustable windshield. I use this on every ride for air flow, rain, blocking air, and as of yet at 31,000 miles I have had no problems with it.
    9. Air ride adjusting and adjustable on the fly.. The auto adjusting air ride is an awesome feature. The Venture Royale had to be shut off and put up on its center stand to adjust the air ride. When fully loaded for a trip, this required two people to try to get it on the center stand and was not always a successful operation without unloading some of the things packed on the bike. Yes my compressor failed at about 25,000 miles, and I had a leaking air hose. This was all replaced free of charge ans is quieter than the original compressor ever was.
    10. electronic shift transmission. I still have all the control of up and down shifting as the road requires, without having to pull in a clutch.
    11. Tire replacement cost. I replaced the tires with car tires at a MUCH reduced cost. The Venture Royale was over $300.00 for a rear tire change. I replaced all the tires on the Spyder for less than that.
    13. The nanny. There are times I would like to doe a few things that the nanny blocks (still a little hot dog left in me). However when towing the camper down a hill and water running over the road at the bottom blocked from my view by the truck in front of me, I hit the water and hydroplaned, the rear got loose, the nanny kicked in, straightened it out, and kept us straight on the road. All of this happened before I could have responded other than letting off the throttle.
    14. A true reverse. No more pushing a bike and trailer backwards to back out of a parking space. No more unhooking the camper and pushing it backwards by hand to get into the camping spot. I back in, unhook, and set up with a smile.
    15. Fuel injection. No more fussing with a choke to start on the cold mornings, no more noticing a drop in performance on those hi elevation rides in the mountains.
    16. A power outlet in the truck to keep the phones charged as we ride. Allows me to share our location with the kids as we ride when we are on a long trip. They know where we are at all times, and if something were to happen would know our exact location.
    17. A true alternator for electrical power. With the 1991 Venture Royale I was afraid to run heated clothing along with the lights that I had on the bike, the charging system was notoriously week. Now I run heated clothing with both me and my wife with no problems.
    18. Front and rear speakers. Although we listen to most music on the headsets, it is nice to be able to have the rear boosted so my wife can hear when we are running with the speakers.
    19. Fuel range. I have never had a bike that I could consistently get 200 miles per tank on.
    20. low required maintenance. No more changing oil ever 3,000 miles, spark plugs every year, having valves adjusted, having carbs cleaned, having carbs diaphragms replaced, and replacing front fork seals.

    This does not mean that there is not room for improvement on several items, and I see that some of these things were improved in the 2017 and 2018 models. But just as every other motorcycle out there improves each year that it is manufactured, I think the Spyder will too.

    GREAT job designing a fun machine BRP, my hats off to you!
    2015 RTL


  2. #2
    Consumer Advocate akspyderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chugiak, Alaska
    Posts
    32,604
    Spyder Garage
    6

    Default

    A great idea to post the positive things about the .

    Your list is so complete that, at the moment, I cannot even come up with anything to add.

    Your comparison with the Venture is also right on. I was an early Venture owner. (1980's). Back when they were in the $4K range.

    Currently Owned: 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium), 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow), 2015 Vulcan 900 LTD

    Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) Pictures of 2008 and 2009 Spyders are in Alaska Albums 2009 and 2010.
    5 Spyders, 10 years, 145,375 miles


  3. #3
    Very Active Member DGoebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Faribault, MN
    Posts
    1,538
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    +1, AND I have a '13 with the V-twin, and I still agree with all the positives. Though they get less mileage, my tank can outlast my need to get off the bike and stretch anyhow.
    But, when I need to I can comfortably stand up and stretch on the Spyder's floorboards while moving, I've done it as fast as the 70 MPH range and still felt solid as far as the ride.
    Safe Rides, David and Sharon Goebel
    2013 RT Limited,
    Akrapovic Sport Silencer
    2014 right side grill and block-off plate
    Sena SM-10 w/ MC Dave cable and SMH-10's
    TricLED's Ultimate Safety Bundle Plus, Wide Vu Mirrors, Organizers,
    Multi Mount Dash Mount, Euro Horn,
    LED Head/Foglights

    PPA Widow 15 Wheels,
    Baja Ron's Bar and Links, Shock Spring Pre-Load Adjuster Kit,
    SC's HMT Tail/Turn light, BRP Plate frame and Swing Arm End Caps
    Magic Mirrors (Tether-free)
    IBA
    70020

  4. #4
    Very Active Member Chupaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA.
    Posts
    29,464
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default Very Nice....

    Though I have less on the RS I do agree that above all it the ryding ...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

    ​2012 RS sm5

  5. #5
    Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Dorr, michigan
    Posts
    1,035
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    A great idea to post the positive things about the .

    Your list is so complete that, at the moment, I cannot even come up with anything to add.

    Your comparison with the Venture is also right on. I was an early Venture owner. (1980's). Back when they were in the $4K range.
    I have a 1989 and a 1991 Venture royale in my garage still, but they don't get ridden now that the Spider moved in.
    My first venture was a 1986 model and at that time I feel that they were the best touring bike on the market. I have put many many miles on the ventures and they never left me stranded, but I think the Spyder was a GREAT upgrade.
    2015 RTL


  6. #6
    Still a SpyderLover Bob Denman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Grahamsville, NY
    Posts
    91,157
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    +1,
    Make it a "+2"!
    Help is on the way. Until then...

  7. #7
    Active Member Arion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    San Antonio, TX & Moosehead Lake, ME
    Posts
    304
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Very nice to read positive comments. We (I and She Who Must Be Obeyed) agree with everything you've said. We haven't logged as many miles or visited as many states on three wheels; however, our most recent road trip was a 2200 mile jaunt from San Antonio to Tucson and Bisbee, AZ, and return over a period of two weeks in early March. We're pleased to say both Spyders performed flawlessly both on the Interstate and Arizona and New Mexico back roads, some in the proverbial Middle of Nowhere. My bride's 998 2012 RT Limited served as the "fuel gauge" for both of us - almost the perfect range between stops to stretch legs and visit the facilities. We were very pleased and had a flawless trip - and we didn't fall over once! Adjust the windscreen, set the cruise control, place feel in a comfortable position and listen to music or chat with one another - thank you Sena 20S.

    The right hand thumbnail is how they look when we're at home and just puddling around. The left thumbnail is how they look packed for a two week tour. Hmmmm, the look the same. Not really though - I do have a dry bag with rain gear strapped to the passenger seat of my black 2015 RT-S but it's hardly noticeable.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Arion; 07-11-2018 at 05:39 PM.

  8. #8
    Active Member gerald37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Woodbine, Iowa
    Posts
    387
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    After all the negative things I have read about Spyders, I thought I would take the time to post my top 20 things that I like about my 2015 RTL, and why I like them.
    The TOP reason I love it is it is just a riot to ride!

    1. Three wheels. No longer worry about falling over, never have to put my feet down at stop light.
    2. Frunk. Much more storage on my spyder than I was accustomed to on a two wheeler.
    3. Handling. Once you get the hang of it, the spyder handles like a very nimble sports car.
    4. Smoothness of ride. To give you an idea of smoothness, the pedometer my wife wore on the Venture Royale would register thousands of steps per ride, on the rear of the Spyder she gets less than 100 steps per ride.
    5. 1330 Power. The power of the 1330, although not a barn burner, is more than enough to tow my camper anywhere I chose to go without being a traffic hazard because I cant reach the posted speed.
    6. Dependability. If you look at my signature you will see the states we have had the Spyder to in just the three short years we have had it. We head out for 2 weeks every year towing the camper, and very seldom put on less than 5000 miles per trip. We have never been let down.
    7. Parking brake. I love being able to get off the bike on hot blacktop and not worrying about if the bike will fall over because of a kickstand sinking into the hot blacktop, while I am away from it. Find a spot, touch the switch, and go.
    8. The adjustable windshield. I use this on every ride for air flow, rain, blocking air, and as of yet at 31,000 miles I have had no problems with it.
    9. Air ride adjusting and adjustable on the fly.. The auto adjusting air ride is an awesome feature. The Venture Royale had to be shut off and put up on its center stand to adjust the air ride. When fully loaded for a trip, this required two people to try to get it on the center stand and was not always a successful operation without unloading some of the things packed on the bike. Yes my compressor failed at about 25,000 miles, and I had a leaking air hose. This was all replaced free of charge ans is quieter than the original compressor ever was.
    10. electronic shift transmission. I still have all the control of up and down shifting as the road requires, without having to pull in a clutch.
    11. Tire replacement cost. I replaced the tires with car tires at a MUCH reduced cost. The Venture Royale was over $300.00 for a rear tire change. I replaced all the tires on the Spyder for less than that.
    13. The nanny. There are times I would like to doe a few things that the nanny blocks (still a little hot dog left in me). However when towing the camper down a hill and water running over the road at the bottom blocked from my view by the truck in front of me, I hit the water and hydroplaned, the rear got loose, the nanny kicked in, straightened it out, and kept us straight on the road. All of this happened before I could have responded other than letting off the throttle.
    14. A true reverse. No more pushing a bike and trailer backwards to back out of a parking space. No more unhooking the camper and pushing it backwards by hand to get into the camping spot. I back in, unhook, and set up with a smile.
    15. Fuel injection. No more fussing with a choke to start on the cold mornings, no more noticing a drop in performance on those hi elevation rides in the mountains.
    16. A power outlet in the truck to keep the phones charged as we ride. Allows me to share our location with the kids as we ride when we are on a long trip. They know where we are at all times, and if something were to happen would know our exact location.
    17. A true alternator for electrical power. With the 1991 Venture Royale I was afraid to run heated clothing along with the lights that I had on the bike, the charging system was notoriously week. Now I run heated clothing with both me and my wife with no problems.
    18. Front and rear speakers. Although we listen to most music on the headsets, it is nice to be able to have the rear boosted so my wife can hear when we are running with the speakers.
    19. Fuel range. I have never had a bike that I could consistently get 200 miles per tank on.
    20. low required maintenance. No more changing oil ever 3,000 miles, spark plugs every year, having valves adjusted, having carbs cleaned, having carbs diaphragms replaced, and replacing front fork seals.

    This does not mean that there is not room for improvement on several items, and I see that some of these things were improved in the 2017 and 2018 models. But just as every other motorcycle out there improves each year that it is manufactured, I think the Spyder will too.

    GREAT job designing a fun machine BRP, my hats off to you!
    Well said. I have a 2015 RT and have had no serious problems. The only thing I had to do was replace the DESS module but also change a lot of things like car tires, sway bar, and centralmatic balance rs which really improved it's handling. I had read so many negative things and problems people have had with their Spyders that I was about to trade mind off. But It has never let me down and I love the way it handles I am glad to hear the goods things.
    2015 RT Roadster
    Perl White
    Show Chrome Driver Beachcomber Floor Boards
    Show Chrome Driver Backrest
    Penstripping
    Lamonster RT Spyder Cuff For Phone
    Sena SMH-10 & SM10 Blue Tooth TransmitterW/ Daves Cable
    Doran Tire Monitoring System
    Magic Mirrors
    Doc's Belt Vibration Damper
    Set of Centramatic Balancers From Lamonster Garage
    Bajaron's Sway Bar
    Gold Drain Plugs
    K&N Air Filter

  9. #9
    Consumer Advocate akspyderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chugiak, Alaska
    Posts
    32,604
    Spyder Garage
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    I have a 1989 and a 1991 Venture royale in my garage still, but they don't get ridden now that the Spider moved in.
    My first venture was a 1986 model and at that time I feel that they were the best touring bike on the market. I have put many many miles on the ventures and they never left me stranded, but I think the Spyder was a GREAT upgrade.
    Those V4's were very nice. My dealer sold both Wings and Ventures. I test drove both. The Wing was a bit big for me. I felt more comfortable on the Venture. Wish I still had that one.

    Currently Owned: 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium), 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow), 2015 Vulcan 900 LTD

    Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) Pictures of 2008 and 2009 Spyders are in Alaska Albums 2009 and 2010.
    5 Spyders, 10 years, 145,375 miles


  10. #10
    Very Active Member Deanna777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    5,594
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    After all the negative things I have read about Spyders, I thought I would take the time to post my top 20 things that I like about my 2015 RTL, and why I like them.
    The TOP reason I love it is it is just a riot to ride!

    1. Three wheels. No longer worry about falling over, never have to put my feet down at stop light.
    2. Frunk. Much more storage on my spyder than I was accustomed to on a two wheeler.
    3. Handling. Once you get the hang of it, the spyder handles like a very nimble sports car.
    4. Smoothness of ride. To give you an idea of smoothness, the pedometer my wife wore on the Venture Royale would register thousands of steps per ride, on the rear of the Spyder she gets less than 100 steps per ride.
    5. 1330 Power. The power of the 1330, although not a barn burner, is more than enough to tow my camper anywhere I chose to go without being a traffic hazard because I cant reach the posted speed.
    6. Dependability. If you look at my signature you will see the states we have had the Spyder to in just the three short years we have had it. We head out for 2 weeks every year towing the camper, and very seldom put on less than 5000 miles per trip. We have never been let down.
    7. Parking brake. I love being able to get off the bike on hot blacktop and not worrying about if the bike will fall over because of a kickstand sinking into the hot blacktop, while I am away from it. Find a spot, touch the switch, and go.
    8. The adjustable windshield. I use this on every ride for air flow, rain, blocking air, and as of yet at 31,000 miles I have had no problems with it.
    9. Air ride adjusting and adjustable on the fly.. The auto adjusting air ride is an awesome feature. The Venture Royale had to be shut off and put up on its center stand to adjust the air ride. When fully loaded for a trip, this required two people to try to get it on the center stand and was not always a successful operation without unloading some of the things packed on the bike. Yes my compressor failed at about 25,000 miles, and I had a leaking air hose. This was all replaced free of charge ans is quieter than the original compressor ever was.
    10. electronic shift transmission. I still have all the control of up and down shifting as the road requires, without having to pull in a clutch.
    11. Tire replacement cost. I replaced the tires with car tires at a MUCH reduced cost. The Venture Royale was over $300.00 for a rear tire change. I replaced all the tires on the Spyder for less than that.
    13. The nanny. There are times I would like to doe a few things that the nanny blocks (still a little hot dog left in me). However when towing the camper down a hill and water running over the road at the bottom blocked from my view by the truck in front of me, I hit the water and hydroplaned, the rear got loose, the nanny kicked in, straightened it out, and kept us straight on the road. All of this happened before I could have responded other than letting off the throttle.
    14. A true reverse. No more pushing a bike and trailer backwards to back out of a parking space. No more unhooking the camper and pushing it backwards by hand to get into the camping spot. I back in, unhook, and set up with a smile.
    15. Fuel injection. No more fussing with a choke to start on the cold mornings, no more noticing a drop in performance on those hi elevation rides in the mountains.
    16. A power outlet in the truck to keep the phones charged as we ride. Allows me to share our location with the kids as we ride when we are on a long trip. They know where we are at all times, and if something were to happen would know our exact location.
    17. A true alternator for electrical power. With the 1991 Venture Royale I was afraid to run heated clothing along with the lights that I had on the bike, the charging system was notoriously week. Now I run heated clothing with both me and my wife with no problems.
    18. Front and rear speakers. Although we listen to most music on the headsets, it is nice to be able to have the rear boosted so my wife can hear when we are running with the speakers.
    19. Fuel range. I have never had a bike that I could consistently get 200 miles per tank on.
    20. low required maintenance. No more changing oil ever 3,000 miles, spark plugs every year, having valves adjusted, having carbs cleaned, having carbs diaphragms replaced, and replacing front fork seals.

    This does not mean that there is not room for improvement on several items, and I see that some of these things were improved in the 2017 and 2018 models. But just as every other motorcycle out there improves each year that it is manufactured, I think the Spyder will too.

    GREAT job designing a fun machine BRP, my hats off to you!
    I have a 2014RTS-SE6 (my first spyder was a 2012RTS-SE5, traded for it my current spyder).

    The only thing I had troubles with my current Spyder was a D.E.S.S error,( I started a thread " D.E.S.S. KEY CODE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has 29 pages long.), had it fixed under the warranty. The farkles that I have added to make it my own.

    It has been trouble free after I had the D.E.S.S. module/switch replaced.

    Deanna
    2014RTS-SE6 Cognac I am a Happy Spyder Owner!

    BRP Semi-Rigid Rear Side Cargo Travel Bags
    BRP Glove Box Organizer
    Ron-rnet Laser Alignment
    TRIC-LED Spyderpockets
    STV Black Carbon Fiber Windshield Blackout
    WRAPMYSPYDER.COM Sceptor Kit Reflective Decals-Orange
    BLUEKNIGHT911 (Mike) painted Dashboard+ GPS plug-in
    BRP Half Cover
    WRAPMYSPYDER.COM Air Dam Web Decal Black Reflective
    General Altimax RT 43 Rear tire
    BRP Full cover
    TRIC-LEDS Front Fender Marker Lights & Saddlebag Markers Lights





  11. #11
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Posts
    116
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default I've had my 2018 F3L for several weeks, 1650 miles

    and I love everything about it. The only thing mine is missing from your list is the adjustable windscreen.

    Happy rider here
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

  12. #12
    Member AngryBug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Hume, Missouri
    Posts
    22
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default Thank you

    Thank you for posting the positive attributes. I've been lurking here since shortly after hubby got me Angry Bug in June. I was getting kind of worried with the issues being posted (especially on those with low mileage). I was afraid after all my insistence for the last three years a Spyder was the bike I wanted that it wasn't going to be dependable. Thrilled so far (2,190 miles since June 16) and over the moon to hear the positives even if I don't have all the extras the RTs have.

  13. #13
    Member ejstrickland's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Jenison, MI
    Posts
    4
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Thumbs up Great post buddy!

    Coming from a string of fast bikes, I was a little skeptical committing to purchase my 2017 RTL, but after doing it in so glad I did. Now my wife can ride in comfort while feeling more safe than ever before.

  14. #14
    Very Active Member Bfromla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Bossier loUiSiAna
    Posts
    3,593
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    A great idea to post the positive things about the .

    Your list is so complete that, at the moment, I cannot even come up with anything to add.





    If you don't mind I can add more, obvious & yet easily overlooked items:

    #21: ALL the great other ryders It & this forum has helped me to meet & Ryde with


    #22: The fun Farkels I have enjoyed adding to it & talking about.
    #23: the pleasantly interested people I meet at almost every stop & the ability to share with them how awesome the is.


    Just a thought (& idea for new thread)

    2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    Tricled:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ &brake light strips,
    wide vue mirrors
    Lid lox
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Pakitrack
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP trailer hitch & 622 trailer (with its own list: Spyderpops Lighted Rear Bumpskid, LineX protection on sides, led trim lighting amber front& red rear, stand& tongue handle)THX Cruzr Joe!
    (pics in album)

  15. #15
    Member AngryBug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Hume, Missouri
    Posts
    22
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    #23: the pleasantly interested people I meet at almost every stop & the ability to share with them how awesome the is.
    I have so many people come up and say "What kind of bike is that?", "That's so cool!", "I've never seen one of those", etc. Of course, I also get the incredulous "You ride?" since the Midwest seems stuck in a different era as far as what women are "supposed" to do. LOL

    My favorites though are the little squirts who are fascinated and telling mommy or daddy to "look at that bike" and are amazed that it's a grandma that rides it!

    Yes, before I'm asked, I am young for a grandma (45 with seven grandchildren - one 6 yo, three 4 yo, three 1 yo). That's what happens when you have three when you're young and dumb and then remarry a man who has three of his own. We're a regular Brady Bunch!
    Stephanie &


    2017
    F3T SE6 "Angry Bug" adopted June 16, 2018
    Wish list is growing quickly!
    Added PB1 Floorboards before we left the dealership

  16. #16
    Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Dorr, michigan
    Posts
    1,035
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default Thanks

    Thanks for all who posted their positive experiences with their Spyders, I enjoyed reading each one.

    This forum is a GREAT place to go to when you have a problem and finding a solution for it. Sometimes I feel however that the problems and negitivity can scare people who are just considering a Spyder, and make them walk away. After all if all of this negativity is on a site that goes by the name of "spyderlovers" what is it with the Spyder haters?

    Thanks again!!!
    2015 RTL


  17. #17
    Consumer Advocate akspyderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chugiak, Alaska
    Posts
    32,604
    Spyder Garage
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post

    If you don't mind I can add more, obvious & yet easily overlooked items:

    #21: ALL the great other ryders It & this forum has helped me to meet & Ryde with


    #22: The fun Farkels I have enjoyed adding to it & talking about.
    #23: the pleasantly interested people I meet at almost every stop & the ability to share with them how awesome the is.


    Just a thought (& idea for new thread)
    x 2

    Currently Owned: 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium), 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow), 2015 Vulcan 900 LTD

    Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) Pictures of 2008 and 2009 Spyders are in Alaska Albums 2009 and 2010.
    5 Spyders, 10 years, 145,375 miles


  18. #18
    Very Active Member Flanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    964
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    +1, AND I have a '13 with the V-twin, and I still agree with all the positives. Though they get less mileage, my tank can outlast my need to get off the bike and stretch anyhow.
    But, when I need to I can comfortably stand up and stretch on the Spyder's floorboards while moving, I've done it as fast as the 70 MPH range and still felt solid as far as the ride.

    SELFIE!!!! Or it didn't happen!

    Good list, OP!
    Last edited by Flanker; 07-12-2018 at 03:01 PM.

    2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock (too be installed)

  19. #19
    Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Myerstown, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    692
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Nice post!! with everything! I love ryding my Critter.
    AKA Jud Smales, Two Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

    The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son

  20. #20
    Very Active Member Bfromla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Bossier loUiSiAna
    Posts
    3,593
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryBug View Post
    I have so many people come up and say "What kind of bike is that?", "That's so cool!", "I've never seen one of those", etc. Of course, I also get the incredulous "You ride?" since the Midwest seems stuck in a different era as far as what women are "supposed" to do. LOL

    My favorites though are the little squirts who are fascinated and telling mommy or daddy to "look at that bike" and are amazed that it's a grandma that rides it!

    Yes, before I'm asked, I am young for a grandma (45 with seven grandchildren - one 6 yo, three 4 yo, three 1 yo). That's what happens when you have three when you're young and dumb and then remarry a man who has three of his own. We're a regular Brady Bunch!
    IMG_8453.JPG IMG_8240.JPG

    2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    Tricled:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ &brake light strips,
    wide vue mirrors
    Lid lox
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Pakitrack
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP trailer hitch & 622 trailer (with its own list: Spyderpops Lighted Rear Bumpskid, LineX protection on sides, led trim lighting amber front& red rear, stand& tongue handle)THX Cruzr Joe!
    (pics in album)

  21. #21
    Active Member al0vely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    474
    Spyder Garage
    2

    Default Most post bad only

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryBug View Post
    Thank you for posting the positive attributes. I've been lurking here since shortly after hubby got me Angry Bug in June. I was getting kind of worried with the issues being posted (especially on those with low mileage). I was afraid after all my insistence for the last three years a Spyder was the bike I wanted that it wasn't going to be dependable. Thrilled so far (2,190 miles since June 16) and over the moon to hear the positives even if I don't have all the extras the RTs have.
    A lot of people post here when they have problems - which might make one discouraged. There are many others like the OP of this thread who feel the good outweighs the bad just as I do. A lot of manufacturers have numerous problems - I am also on an HD cruiser forum because we have one of those also and they have many many issues.

    Keep riding your Spyder and enjoy the breeze.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L SE6 delivered 7/16/2016
    Lamonster - third peg, key cover; BRP - driver and passenger backrest, half cover, vibration damper; Wolo Bad Boy horn; Wrap My Spyder decals; SpyderPops - foam grips, Brake/run/turn lights, mirror turn signal lights, bump skid; PB1 -Spyder F3 Performance Foot Pegs

    2014 RTS SE6 - Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018 for my daughter to share w/me.
    No more 2 wheels

  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Ellicott City, Maryland
    Posts
    7
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default Things I love about my spyder

    Great post

    I would like to add one more

    My wife told my how the stress is gone after riding on our 2016 RTL compared to my Kawasaki Voyager 1200

    keep it up

  23. #23
    Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Dorr, michigan
    Posts
    1,035
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default Lets add to this

    After the unsuccessful attempt to keep positive the "positive comments about Spyders" thread positive, I thought people could add a few things to this thread.

    I also love the way that all the Spyder riders you meet in person are very eager to converse with you about your ride, and what they ride.
    A GREAT group of people!!
    Honda had an advertising campaign "you meet the nicest people on a Honda"
    I feel the same way about Spyder riders.
    2015 RTL


  24. #24
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    557
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default Spyder Smile Miles

    I enjoy my wonderful Spyder RYDE Times and the Spyder Smile Miles. Spyder people are great.
    2016 RT LIMITED, YES, color 'BLUE'

  25. #25
    Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    millsboro,delaware
    Posts
    36
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    The main thing for me is the lack of stress.Ive had every kind of bike over the last 50 years but in the last 10 I noticed that I just didn't wanna be bothered to plan a trip and deal with the stress of the weight,the lack of storage,being pushed around by big trucks and buses,finding a solid level spot to park,worrying about gravel and wet leaves and more.I planned a trip on my computer and put it on the bikes GPS and took off and had a very stress free 1st Spyder trip(2000 mi).Wife was much more comfortable and happy to not have me getting upset and taking it out on her.
    2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •