Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydieRoe View Post
    where is the parking brake cable located? I need to disconnect the parking brake cable because it's stuck..thank..if you can provide images that would be great. thanks
    Right side of bike, just behind the muffler. Loosen jam nuts holding cable to bracket. Pull cable out of bracket after you blocked the wheels. On the end of the cable, there is a little ferrule in a bracket that activates the parking brake. Remove cable from that bracket, and return the cable to where you found it. Ride. If you need more help, call me. My number is below. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

While I have not yet experienced the stuck PB problem yet, I'm going to be prepared in case it happens.
    Harbor Freight has a pair of folding wheel chocks for just $8. Here's a link.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/2-piec..._q=wheel+choke
    That's all folks !
    2014 RT-S , This will be the first thing I do for it. Yellow

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRibbon View Post
    While I have not yet experienced the stuck PB problem yet, I'm going to be prepared in case it happens.
    Harbor Freight has a pair of folding wheel chocks for just $8. Here's a link.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/2-piec..._q=wheel+choke
    Good idea, we use those same ones but don’t forget to carry the wrenches you need to release the brake.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Same problem with my 2018 rt, have had other problems also, thinking about trading it in on a Harley trike. Tired of this, most unrealizable and dealerships are few and far in between.

Spyder Garage

This is an older thread. Goes back to 7/2018. Last post was 9/2019.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Cool Parking Brake

To hosed down my spider F3, stop at the wa wa . Came back out to ride off could not move because the parking brake would not release, called for a tow costed me $144.00 driver said it's been happening a lot so I now have my 12mm wrench. Unhooked the cable after getting back to the house it's releasing now Should I take in for service. I only have 3000 mile on the bike. Did a oil change and filter.

Spyder Garage

Joe thank for your reply will give anymore problems

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wykoni View Post
    Same problem with my 2018 rt, have had other problems also, thinking about trading it in on a Harley trike. Tired of this, most unrealizable and dealerships are few and far in between.
    You will miss the quality ride of the spyder vs the pickup truck ride of the HD trike.
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Hi all. I'm new to this forum and a 1st time Spyder rider/owner. I've had my 2018 F3-T for approx two months and have had the parking brake fail to release four times. After the last time, the cable disengaged from the pulley. From what I've learned from the knowledgeable members on this site, apparently, BRP doesn't care and I don't trust dealers. My question is; Has anyone seen, heard of or thought of a mechanical brake to replace the electric brake? My solution has been a wheel chock from Harbor Freight and it works just fine. I live in SoCal and can ride almost everyday. I'm not willing to have my trike sit at the dealer to repair a problem that, most likely, will raise it's ugly head again. I rode two wheels for over 40yrs and I love my Spyder. Should have gotten one a long time ago. Thank you for your comments.

Life is not good or bad, it's just Life. Deal with it!

2018 F-3T, 2016 2500 Ram 4x4, 2020 VW Cross Sport, 2012 Travel trailer

Spyder Garage

Mine doesn’t always come on?

Spyder Garage

Default 2015 parking break problems

It took six weeks to get into the dealer and they can't find a problem. I guess from the posts instead of paying a dealer to fix the problem, carrying a wrench and a wheel chock from harbor freight is the best solution. Two hundred dollars to be told that they don't know is not satisfactory! With this many bikes having the same problem Can Am needs to address the issue.
    We have rocked the bike back and forth, then start. This worked for us several times.