Thread: COMFORT SEAT

Spyder Garage

Default COMFORT SEAT

Since buying my 2014 RT2 years ago, I have never been able to sit comfortably, this seat always hurt my hips and gave me cramp. I heard about the Comfort seat which is what the one I test rode must have had but there was always 620 good reasons why I didn't buy one, until one day Hallelujah, a local dealer had put a used one on ebay, I went to the shop, sat on demo bikes, with and without comfort seats, felt the difference, paid my £200 and went, after fitting it to my bike WOW what a difference, I've been riding a whole week now with no pains, cramps and no Airhawk cushion inflated to the limit.
    I now see the difference between the two seats side by side, the comfort seat looks like a motorbike seat, rounded top with less of a dip in the centre, the standard seat is more akin to an upholstered frying pan, your rear end sinks into the dip in the middle, pushing your hips up, no wonder it hurts.

Anyone has problems with the standard RT seat, go get a comfort seat, for me complete cure.

Is there no end to BRP's rubbish designers. Windshield bracket broke today!!!!!
    2014 RT Std
    Floor and Highway Boards
    50$ GPS connected to oem loom
    Trunk & Frunk Liners and lights
    Frunk and dashboard power outlets
    Front supension LEDS
    Cup holders
    Glovebox light
    Turn signal LEDs in mirrors
    12 volt coffee maker
    Passenger hangrip muffs
    Ignition lock light
    Windscreen wiper/ baguette holder

If I wasn't so cleverI wouldn't need to be so good looking.
    2014 RT , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey, go easy on your French-Canadian cousins, cousin!

I agree on the comfort seat; got a used one for $150 and couldn't be happier. Ride all day, except for the need for pee breaks and refueling.

I saw your thread on the broken windshield arm; how did that happen? Were you on a rough road or something like that?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default comfort seat

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Hey, go easy on your French-Canadian cousins, cousin!

I agree on the comfort seat; got a used one for $150 and couldn't be happier. Ride all day, except for the need for pee breaks and refueling.

I saw your thread on the broken windshield arm; how did that happen? Were you on a rough road or something like that?
    Hey! Not my cousins, I'm not French or Canadian, I just live in France, I'm a Brit. but very surprised BRP listened and even replied direct to my post.
    Loads of rough roads round here, still shouldn't have happened if it was made well, went to 2 welders with bracket today, both said "can't weld that, it's such poor quality metal", I thought yeah ,just like the rest of the bike.
    2014 RT Std
    Floor and Highway Boards
    Front supension LEDS
    Cup holders
    Glovebox light
    12 volt coffee maker
    Passenger hangrip muffs
    Ignition lock light

2014 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

x 2 with your post about the BRP Comfort seat. OEM seats--IMO--have always been mush. This has been my same complaint on all five Spyders owned.

Early on--I went to Corbin for two of the seats. Those--you either love or hate them. I liked them--to the tune of 56K miles over two Spyders.

My current Spyders both have the BRP Comfort seats. They allow for all day rides without the need for auxiliary cushions.

A word about the Air-Hawk. You sit IN it and not ON it. Maximum inflation leads to an uncomfortable ride. You have to play with the air pressures a bit until you get it where you want.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default comfort seat

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    x 2 with your post about the BRP Comfort seat. OEM seats--IMO--have always been mush. This has been my same complaint on all five Spyders owned.

Early on--I went to Corbin for two of the seats. Those--you either love or hate them. I liked them--to the tune of 56K miles over two Spyders.

My current Spyders both have the BRP Comfort seats. They allow for all day rides without the need for auxiliary cushions.

A word about the Air-Hawk. You sit IN it and not ON it. Maximum inflation leads to an uncomfortable ride. You have to play with the air pressures a bit until you get it where you want.
    Don't need Airhaw now either, been riding 2 weeks with nothing between me and the seat, OEM one couldn't ride for 10 mins
    2014 RT Std
    Floor and Highway Boards
    Front supension LEDS
    Cup holders
    Glovebox light
    12 volt coffee maker
    Passenger hangrip muffs
    Ignition lock light

2014 RT , Black