Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default FL validity discussed already

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSteveFL View Post
    I was just going to ask the same question. My understanding is that warranties are considered insurance and is regulated by the state as such. You cannot buy extended warranties outside of Fla and Fla dealers supposedly must charge retail. If an out of State delaer sells it to a Fla resident I don't know if that just opens the seller up to liability or if basically the warranty is considered void/useless. I would live to buy one cheap from out of state if possible.
    I am sure the topic of FL and the extended warranty has been discussed in previous postings around here for the 2+ years I have been on this site. I also purchased mine from Sierra and don't think they would sell someone a warranty that is no good - it is a BRP extension and not a new warranty.

If you live in FL and really want to know call Sierra.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSteveFL View Post
    I was just going to ask the same question. My understanding is that warranties are considered insurance and is regulated by the state as such. You cannot buy extended warranties outside of Fla and Fla dealers supposedly must charge retail. If an out of State delaer sells it to a Fla resident I don't know if that just opens the seller up to liability or if basically the warranty is considered void/useless. I would live to buy one cheap from out of state if possible.
    As a Floridian but not an attorney, I checked the laws and in about 2011, the constitutionality of the restrictions was challenged and I think overturned in a class action court decision if my memory serves me correctly. The State of Florida partially capitulated to the insurers by stating that they would not provide consumer protection via the Department of Agriculture. The Consumer's Affairs division was also trying to protect the Florida public from unscrupulous insurers that were providing pretty bogus insurance policies so the loyalties sort of tilted in both directions toward and away from the consumers. AFAIK, if a Floridian buys an out of state policy, the policy is not considered null and void by the company selling the insurance. However, if there are any disputes, the Consumer Affairs division of the Department of Agriculture will not stand up for the citizen buying out of state. The other issue is that ruling also opened the door I think to dealers being able to discount their insurance policies but most but not all of the dealers have elected to not share this information with any of their customers. What they essentially have done is to maintain the status quo post 2011 to maintain fixed prices. Again, I am not an attorney and am not giving any legal advice but this is my personal understanding of the situation.
    Last edited by Capt. Bob; 07-25-2018 at 01:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting responses

I would have never thought about going to a different dealer for an extended warranty police for a bike I'm purchasing elsewhere. Fortunately I feel I got fair pricing with Sierra Cycles, but I purchased my bikes from them. I learn something new every day.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by FINFAN3DP View Post
    I'm wondering about the extended warranty plans how much are they and are they worth it?
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    I started a "Zurich" Warranty" thread.
    There is a lot of information on there. I'm also looking for an extended warranty after the B.E.S.T warranty expires next year.
    I am also looking for suggestions.
    I have a 2014RTS-SE6
    Deanna
    Denna,
    I've entered my BEST Warranty on my 2015 3 months ago. I have some time before I'm in your shoes. I hope you post if you are successful at getting an extended warranty after 5 years. I would sure ask your servicing dealer to go through your 2014 with a "fine tooth comb" before your BEST waranty expires to see if all is OK.
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Peace of mind

I bought it for peace of mind. Full 5 years. Don't forget you get Roadside Assistance. If you have an old car maybe you buy AAA or CAA but I'm not sure the basic plan covers motorcycles. At least with BRP Best Roadside, you have to assume that the towing company knows how to handle a Spyder. Also, although I expect to keep my Spyder the whole five years, you never know when you will want to sell it for whatever reason and if you have outstanding warranty, it can only help.

Good luck
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Spyder Garage

I went with Sierra Cycles and got the same $671 BEST(BRP) for 3 years. I'm floored why my dealer where I purchased my 2016 Spyder F3 limited quoted me $1400 for the same policy. Sierra said in 3 years I can still purchase the Rider's Advantage policy as long as the Spyder is still under factory warranty through BEST. I'm happy and relieved.

Spyder Garage

SOME are worth it as any business there are the crappy ones too, some may limit you to the dealer you purchased it from, the preferred ones do not. I had a BRP BEST & some other ill have to find the name later. Both covered me well 1 recently, covered my butt very well
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ranny-heads-up

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack