Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GPS

Spyder Garage

Default GPS option

I find my cell works well and I use the free app HereWeGo. You can download maps so you don’t need to use any data. I download maps when I can use WiFi. Overall it works well and I also use it in my car even though I have built in gps in my Audi SQ5

Spyder Garage

I just installed a Garmin Nuvi 2595 on my F3s. I found a holder on Ebay for $28 and using our Garmin with lifetime maps and real time traffic. I took it for a test drive before I set up the hard wired power connection, and it proved that it will work. It is now hard wired. I can still do the touch screen with this set up and it should be protected in all but monsoon rains.

I looked on Ebay and found a number of 2595 LMs for sale for under $80. Less $ spent than on the Zumo 590 we installed after our 660 bit the dirt!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default garmen

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    You can use free Google maps if you have a smart phone but it uses a lot of data. For less than $300 you can get a really nice Garmin or TomTom GPS that is for automobiles but will work on the Spyder. But it won’t be waterproof and won’t be Bluetooth capable if you wish to hear turn by turn directions thru your headset. What you spend depends on what type of bells and whistles you want.
    I did not think of data usage , so I went with the garmen thanks for your input