Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

She continues to improve, but is having a hard time with pain management. Better every day.
    They totaled the RT. Going to see about buying it back for salvage.

Spyder Garage

We're still praying for Kathy and you both. Thank you for your updates and we're praying for your health and peace in this time of stress.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Better every day is a good sign. And, Kathy is in our prayers.....Hang in there Doc.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Update on Kathy 7/12 - She had some difficulty breathing last night and early this morning, they had to put in a breathing tube so she could breath easier. She is now back in ICU and has been sedated. They are thinking this is due to blood clots from the accident. Please pray for these to clear up and continued prayers for complete healing. I will write more as I find out more.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Prayers are coming your way...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

_¶¶¶_¶¶_¶¶¶¶
    ¶__¶¶_¶¶___¶¶
    ¶___¶¶__¶¶___¶¶
    ¶_¶___¶¶___¶____¶_¶¶
    ¶_¶¶¶__¶¶___¶¶___¶¶_¶
    ¶_¶__¶___¶___¶¶___¶__¶
    ¶¶¶¶_¶¶___¶¶__¶¶__¶__¶
    ¶__¶__¶¶___¶___¶___¶_¶¶
    ¶__¶___¶____¶___¶___¶_¶¶
    ¶___¶___¶___¶¶__¶¶___¶__¶
    ¶¶___¶¶__¶¶___¶____¶_____¶
    ¶___¶_¶___¶¶______________¶
    ¶¶__¶¶_¶___¶______________¶¶
    _¶___¶_¶___________________¶
    __¶___¶_¶__________________¶
    ___¶___¶¶¶_________________¶
    ____¶_¶__¶_________________¶¶
    ____¶____¶¶_________________¶
    ____¶_____¶_________________¶
    ____¶¶____¶__________________¶
    _____¶_____¶_________________¶
    _____¶¶____¶¶________________¶_
    ______¶_____¶¶________________¶¶¶¶¶¶
    _______¶_____¶¶_______________¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    ______¶¶¶_____¶¶_____________¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    _____¶¶¶¶¶______¶¶__________¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    _____¶¶¶¶¶_______¶¶¶_______¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    ____¶¶¶¶¶¶_________¶¶¶____¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    ____¶¶¶¶¶__________¶¶¶¶__¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    ____¶¶¶¶¶_________¶¶¶¶_¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    ____¶¶¶¶¶¶______¶¶¶¶¶___¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    ____¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶___¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    _____¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶____¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    ______¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶____¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    _______¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶______¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Prayers are coming your way...
    adding more .......... Mike

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thoughts and prayers for the quick improvement and total healing for Kathy!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default Thinking of you both.

I was thinking of the accident and was chilled to hear the description of what happened to Kathy.
    After my accident on May 30th I was doubtful to ever return to the saddle. It took 43 days recovery time to
    mount up. My injuries weren't as serious of what Kathy's were. The great people on this forum sent me thoughts
    and prayers and I believe they were answered.
    As I sat on my RT, I said a little prayer for Kathy and Steve.
    Bless you both Doc.
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster Renovations View Post
    Update on Kathy 7/12 - She had some difficulty breathing last night and early this morning, they had to put in a breathing tube so she could breath easier. She is now back in ICU and has been sedated. They are thinking this is due to blood clots from the accident. Please pray for these to clear up and continued prayers for complete healing. I will write more as I find out more.

Spyder Garage

Prayers sent
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Chuck 54 View Post
    I was thinking of the accident and was chilled to hear the description of what happened to Kathy.
    After my accident on May 30th I was doubtful to ever return to the saddle. It took 43 days recovery time to
    mount up. My injuries weren't as serious of what Kathy's were. The great people on this forum sent me thoughts
    and prayers and I believe they were answered.
    As I sat on my RT, I said a little prayer for Kathy and Steve.
    Bless you both Doc.
    Chuck
    That is awesome, Chuck! Glad you are back in the saddle!! And Thank You for the Prayers.

I got a lot of conflicting information yesterday. Once I go there I was able to understand more of what is going on. It seems that she has an infection, which happens quite often with the injuries she sustained. She did not have any blood clots, and they are treating the infection with 2 broad spectrum antibiotics. Interestingly, one of her nurses in ICU was working ER the day she came in and told me that she was surprised that she wasn't put on a breathing tube then. Her O2 levels are good and when they get this infection and fluid build up gone they will be able to take her off the vent. The advantage is that she is now getting deep rest and letting her body heal. I'll update more as I know more. And Thanks for all the prayers.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Infections from all of the wounds caused by the road rash are (unfortunately) pretty common.
    I'm glad to hear that they've got a handle on treating it.
    How is she feeling emotionally?

Spyder Garage

Prayers & well wishes from Canada.
    2013 RT Ltd. Black Currant, SpyderPops Bump Skid & Belt Guard, Bajarons Sway Bar & Heim Joints, BRP. Trailer Hitch, Trailer Hitch Luggage Carrier, Cat By-Pass, Wrapped pipes, Custom Dynamics HMT Brake light & Dual Brightsides, F4 Customs Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy seat & back rest, Rivco Armrests, LED mirror lights, Lidlox Helmet locks, Elka Stage 2 Frt. Shocks., Clearwater "Darla" LED driving lights, Tricled LED headlights & fog lights, Tricled fender LED lights.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Infections from all of the wounds caused by the road rash are (unfortunately) pretty common.
    I'm glad to hear that they've got a handle on treating it.
    How is she feeling emotionally?
    They have her in semi-comatose state because of the vent, Bob. She cannot communicate at all.

Before I left Thursday night she was in good spirits; talking about doing PT in rehab. She was in a lot of pain and somewhat congested.

Spyder Garage

Update for 7/14 - Kathy remains on the vent, sedated. They will now be putting a chest tube in. This will remove the fluid in her chest cavity. It is a painful procedure, so I am happy they have her knocked out. Once the fluid is gone they will be able to wean her off of the vent. This is important as a few days will greatly help her, but the longer she is on it, the harder the transition will be. Please continue praying. It is not that your prayers are not working. Think of this as Kathy having to make the steps required for complete healing. God has already done the heavy lifting by saving her at the accident. I was listening to the song by Casting Crowns, "Praise You in the storm". It is very fitting for this situation. If you get a chance, read Kathy's favorite chapter, Psalms 91:1. God Bless you all! Words cannot even come close to conveying my thanks for your prayers for her.

Spyder Garage

I have faith she will pull through just fine!
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Accident,Prayers needed!

Any news on Kathy's recovery and injuries? Wishing her a complete recovery from her accident! AND PRAYERS!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tomline View Post
    Any news on Kathy's recovery and injuries? Wishing her a complete recovery from her accident! AND PRAYERS!
    Read post #90 for the latest update.

Spyder Garage

Update for 7/14 - Kathy remains on the vent, sedated. They will now be putting a chest tube in. This will remove the fluid in her chest cavity. It is a painful procedure, so I am happy they have her knocked out. Once the fluid is gone they will be able to wean her off of the vent. This is important as a few days will greatly help her, but the longer she is on it, the harder the transition will be. Please continue praying. It is not that your prayers are not working. Think of this as Kathy having to make the steps required for complete healing. God has already done the heavy lifting by saving her at the accident. I was listening to the song by Casting Crowns, "Praise You in the storm". It is very fitting for this situation. If you get a chance, read Kathy's favorite chapter, Psalms 91:1. God Bless you all! Words cannot even come close to conveying my thanks for your prayers for her.
    Doc, Psalm 91 3 back to you both!
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default Praying for You Doc and for Kathy

Thanks for keeping everyone up to date. I have been praying for you both this afternoon and I, like you, know GOD IS THERE. GOD IS GOOD-----ALL THE TIME!

Deer are always on my mind and it worries me more than anything whether I am on my Spyder or on my two wheeler.

You are RIGHT, GOD was there the ENTIRE time. His HANDS are what caught Kathy. A lot of us don't see HIS works until later on, when things calm down, but I can sure see HIS hand in this.

The human body is incredible and was knitted by the best! I know GOD will continue to help Kathy and you both.

Keep the faith, be patient and like all of out here, keep praying and make sure to say THANK YOU too HIM as well. God Speed!
    2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Sending prayers your way

Psalm 91

English Standard Version
    My Refuge and My Fortress
    1He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
    2I will saya to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”
    3For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler
    and from the deadly pestilence.
    4He will cover you with his pinions,
    and under his wings you will find refuge;
    his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
    5You will not fear the terror of the night,
    nor the arrow that flies by day,
    6nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
    nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.
    7A thousand may fall at your side,
    ten thousand at your right hand,
    but it will not come near you.
    8You will only look with your eyes
    and see the recompense of the wicked.
    9Because you have made the LORD your dwelling place—
    the Most High, who is my refugeb
    10no evil shall be allowed to befall you,
    no plague come near your tent.
    11For he will command his angels concerning you
    to guard you in all your ways.
    12On their hands they will bear you up,
    lest you strike your foot against a stone.
    13You will tread on the lion and the adder;
    the young lion and the serpent you will trample underfoot.
    14“Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him;
    I will protect him, because he knows my name.
    15When he calls to me, I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble;
    I will rescue him and honor him.
    16With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him my salvation.”

2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Update for 7/15 for Kathy - They were able to get the chest tube in yesterday. There was some bleeding doing the procedure and they gave her blood. Her MD said that it will be in a minimum of 48 hours, perhaps longer. When I spoke to the nurse last night she said the tube was producing some fluid and a sample was sent to the lab to check for infection. She has a bacterial infection in her blood in the culture taken from her right foot. They believe that it is a staff infection, probably from the road rash. The broad spectrum anti-biotics will take care of that, Progress at this point is slow, but the hospital is the best I have ever seen. Everyone is professional, knows their jobs, and get things done so fast I have been amazed. On the plus side, her body is getting deep rest for the first time since the accident. This will help her bones, especially ribs and collarbone to mend. I was listening to a group called, 10th Avenue North last night and he said something that really made me think. He said, "As Christians, it is not as important how much faith we have, but in who we have our faith in!" Of course he was talking about Jesus. Thanks again for all the prayers. I will write more as I find things out. God Bless you all!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm glad to hear that she's in good hands...
    Both the Hospital personnel... and the Lord's!

Spyder Garage

Update for 7/15 for Kathy - They were able to get the chest tube in yesterday. There was some bleeding doing the procedure and they gave her blood. Her MD said that it will be in a minimum of 48 hours, perhaps longer. When I spoke to the nurse last night she said the tube was producing some fluid and a sample was sent to the lab to check for infection. She has a bacterial infection in her blood in the culture taken from her right foot. They believe that it is a staff infection, probably from the road rash. The broad spectrum anti-biotics will take care of that, Progress at this point is slow, but the hospital is the best I have ever seen. Everyone is professional, knows their jobs, and get things done so fast I have been amazed. On the plus side, her body is getting deep rest for the first time since the accident. This will help her bones, especially ribs and collarbone to mend. I was listening to a group called, 10th Avenue North last night and he said something that really made me think. He said, "As Christians, it is not as important how much faith we have, but in who we have our faith in!" Of course he was talking about Jesus. Thanks again for all the prayers. I will write more as I find things out. God Bless you all!
    Unfortunately, you will HAVE to be patient with this part! No choice in the matter. I am 2 years 4 months into my "recovery" and still have more days than not, where I can't manage the pain to a level that allows me to do most things. Now granted, I have metal plates on 7 ribs and 1 on my clavicle but you get the idea... I know my wife gets frustrated with me and the time it is taking as I am usually a fast healer. But everyone has a limit to what their body can handle and how long it will take the body to "handle it".... My best wishes to you both and a heartfelt "I feel your pain"!

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Lest we let other issues take our focus away from real personal concerns

Continuing to lift Kathy and Steve and family up in prayer.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    IBA 70020