Spyder Garage

God is great, all the time.--more.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

One step at a time...

But those steps are starting to come a bit faster now!

Glad to hear that she's going to be moved to a Center that will make it easier for all of you.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default The move

Its been a long journey so far for her as well as you. It is AWESOME to see a community of people come together in prayer in time of need and I personally thank everyone who has prayer for Mrs Kathy and Doc.

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 8/24 - I did not go down today as it was a work day for me in the shop. The update from the nurse was very encouraging. The kidney MD's decided her numbers were not high enough for dialysis today. That means her kidneys have improved so much that they are almost holding their own in filtering toxins. Her numbers continue to improve also, which shows more healing. She has now been in C pap mode for 3 days and is clearing a bunch of mucus from the lower areas of her lungs. She actually coughed so hard yesterday that she blew her breathing tube off of her trach. Freaked me out; machine starts going crazy, Kathy is trying to breath, it was crazy. I grabbed the vent tube and not knowing how hard to push with damaging something I just held it against the trach until the nurse got there. Wow! Her vitals are good and she is resting better. We are still waiting for the "assessment" so this move can happen. I am thinking that every day at the hospital is a little extra time for Kathy to get stronger and to improve more before the 100 mile trip to the new facility. All in His timing and His perfect Will!! Please continue to pray. We are still hitting some hills, but they are smoothing out!! God Bless you all! We are still getting cards! Once she gets to her new location, we will paper the walls again. They have and will continue to encourage her (and us).

Spyder Garage

Good news, keep it coming
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Very happy to hear of Kathy’s progress and recovery.
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 8/25 - It is official! Kathy will be moved to Indianapolis on Monday morning! Please pray for traveling mercies (no deer, ) She will be transported by ambulance. Not sure exactly which facility she will be going to. Now, let's talk a little about her improvements. I want to take a moment and brag on our Creator, if you don't mind! Many of us and our churches had corporate prayer last week on Sunday. We prayed for her kidneys. They have improved so much that she now will not need the blood purifying dialysis. Her kidneys are filtering well enough on their own! She will still need some fluid removal maintenance, either scupper mode or diuretics for a while. Her kidney numbers continue to improve. That's God right there!! Her lungs continue to improve. She totally is initiating all of her breaths on her own. She is improving daily. We prayed for her lungs. God heard us and answered. Praise His Holy Name!! She continues to get stronger and I think it is safe to say we have turned the corner we have been looking to turn for so long. I wish that each of you could feel what I have been feeling. The Bible says in James 4:8, "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded." I know what I have been through does not even compare to what Kathy has had to endure. I feel as though I have been through a spiritual blast furnace that has burned out all the dross within me. This has given me such me such a closeness of God's Holy Presence that I will never be the same. I am eagerly waiting to see the awesome work He has done and will continue to do with Kathy. What a witness she will have. Please continue the prayers for her. And may God's Blessings and Favor wash over each and every one of you!

Spyder Garage

It is so good to hear that Kathy is steadily improving.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Praise

Its a great thing to pray and praise and THEN see the results. So happy for her improvement. Love you guys much.

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 8/26 - Kathy is having an uneventful last day at University of Louisville Hospital. I cannot say enough good things about this hospital. They have been on the ball with every step of her recovery. We will be forever in their debt. Kathy's stats continue to improve and there is now no doubt that her kidneys are indeed functioning. Yea, God! She will not require any more dialysis! They will use diuretics to remove fluid instead. She is now constantly on C pap mode. It won't be long before the trach is out she is doing so well. I have now found out that she is going to Kindred Hospital on East 10th. St., downtown Indianapolis. She will be allowed visitors, probably afternoon or early evening. Not sure what her schedule will be. She would love to see those of you that are able to get there. Please continue to pray for her. We Thank you all!

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 8/27 - Kathy arrived at the new facility, Kindred Hospital North at around 1:30 today. The ride must have really wore her out as she went to sleep immediately after they got her settled. No labs today, but I can tell by volume her kidneys are still working good. I was very impressed by the staff at Kindred. The respiratory people said that they should have her off the vent in 4 days. That will help a bunch as Kathy will be able to start eating and getting stronger again. Not much else to say about her progress today. She can have visitors anytime in the afternoon or early evening. She is in room 206. Please continue to pray!!Here is the link on how to get there: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ki...!4d-86.0604612

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that her kidney functuon is returning!
    Have they mentioned her GFR numbers to you?

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 8/28 - From her daughter, Tiffanie Mom is settling well into her new place. The staff are very attentive and friendly. They replaced her trach tube with one they believe will be more comfortable for her as they continue to wean her off the machine. Urine output looked great to me today. I taped lots of the get well cards up in her room and she loved seeing them again. My cousin Kevin stopped by to visit today and her smile was ginormous. They had a nice visit. She really loves visitors if anyone wants to stop by some afternoon or evening. This hospital is much easier and shorter drive than the previous one. Thanks for praying everyone! God has done amazing things in mom. Can't wait to be on the front row, smiling and forever grateful, as mom gives her testimony of what God did in her!

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster Renovations View Post
    Praise Report for Kathy 8/28 - From her daughter, Tiffanie Mom is settling well into her new place. The staff are very attentive and friendly. They replaced her trach tube with one they believe will be more comfortable for her as they continue to wean her off the machine. Urine output looked great to me today. I taped lots of the get well cards up in her room and she loved seeing them again. My cousin Kevin stopped by to visit today and her smile was ginormous. They had a nice visit. She really loves visitors if anyone wants to stop by some afternoon or evening. This hospital is much easier and shorter drive than the previous one. Thanks for praying everyone! God has done amazing things in mom. Can't wait to be on the front row, smiling and forever grateful, as mom gives her testimony of what God did in her!
    Thanks for the Update Doc! We have Kathy in our thoughts and prayers out here on the left coast!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 8/29 - Wooo! My day started at 4:50 AM when I received a call from Kindred North. The lady said that Kathy had been sick multiple times through the night and appeared to be bleeding around the new trach they had put in yesterday and they were sending here to the ER at Community North Hospital. I hurried up there and when I got there Kathy was totally unresponsive. Her eyes were fixed and unblinking with no movement whatsoever. She kept throwing up and most of it was meal solution with a little blood mixed in. She was very congested in her breathing and we initially thought she had aspirated some of her meal solution (drawing something into your lungs that you have vomited from your stomach is very easy on a trach and very dangerous). One of the MD's had the nurse hook a low pressure suction to her feeding tube and they started removing the remaining meal solution and all the gas that had built up in her stomach. This stopped her throwing up and she started to get better and coming around a little. As time went on she started responding better and better. They did stomach and pelvis xrays to make sure she wasn't bleeding, which she wasn't. They were possibly going to do a broncioscope to examine and vacuum out her lungs if need be. I don't think they did that as she was breathing with no more rattles, lungs appearing clear.
    I want to Thank her daughter Tiffany for being there with me. It really helped having someone else there instead of being alone.
    They really haven't said what happened yet, but we had the same thing happen at UofL when they first started tube feeding her. I think the nutritionist totally dropped the ball and either gave her a solution that she was allergic to or had the feed rate too high for her to process. Further, they did not do timely volume checks (this is where they draw out the meal solution at specific times, measure it, then put it back in. This gives them a good idea of how much the food is being absorbed. UofL had this completely dialed in for the 10 days or so before Kathy left. I got the phone number for follow up care and it was a simple matter for the hospital to send a request for those food records. I am waiting to ask the Kindred nutritionist about why she didn't do that. Kathy is spending the night at Community North. Not sure what will happen tomorrow. I will be going up again in the morning and should have much more info. Please pray for protection as well as healing for Kathy. And Thank You all for the prayers! I am sure that is what has sustained her. Be so glad to get that trach out.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster Renovations View Post
    Praise Report for Kathy 8/29 - Wooo! My day started at 4:50 AM when I received a call from Kindred North. The lady said that Kathy had been sick multiple times through the night and appeared to be bleeding around the new trach they had put in yesterday and they were sending here to the ER at Community North Hospital. I hurried up there and when I got there Kathy was totally unresponsive. Her eyes were fixed and unblinking with no movement whatsoever. She kept throwing up and most of it was meal solution with a little blood mixed in. She was very congested in her breathing and we initially thought she had aspirated some of her meal solution (drawing something into your lungs that you have vomited from your stomach is very easy on a trach and very dangerous). One of the MD's had the nurse hook a low pressure suction to her feeding tube and they started removing the remaining meal solution and all the gas that had built up in her stomach. This stopped her throwing up and she started to get better and coming around a little. As time went on she started responding better and better. They did stomach and pelvis xrays to make sure she wasn't bleeding, which she wasn't. They were possibly going to do a broncioscope to examine and vacuum out her lungs if need be. I don't think they did that as she was breathing with no more rattles, lungs appearing clear.
    I want to Thank her daughter Tiffany for being there with me. It really helped having someone else there instead of being alone.
    They really haven't said what happened yet, but we had the same thing happen at UofL when they first started tube feeding her. I think the nutritionist totally dropped the ball and either gave her a solution that she was allergic to or had the feed rate too high for her to process. Further, they did not do timely volume checks (this is where they draw out the meal solution at specific times, measure it, then put it back in. This gives them a good idea of how much the food is being absorbed. UofL had this completely dialed in for the 10 days or so before Kathy left. I got the phone number for follow up care and it was a simple matter for the hospital to send a request for those food records. I am waiting to ask the Kindred nutritionist about why she didn't do that. Kathy is spending the night at Community North. Not sure what will happen tomorrow. I will be going up
    again in the morning and should have much more info. Please pray for protection as well as healing for Kathy. And Thank You all for the prayers! I am sure that is what has sustained her. Be so glad to get that trach out.
    DOC,
    Beyond thankful that Kathy did not aspirate her feeding solution. Praying that she has a restful night's sleep to gain her strength back. Steve, I am here for you too. IF you find yourself @the hospital/Kindred and in need of support, I am only a call away.
    Hugs to you both
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

That post actually makes me really angry. There is no reason for a stable patient to go through that just because they changed facilities. One care facility did a crappy job handing the patient off to the next in all the areas of care needed. If I were you I’d be totally pissed and tell them to exactly describe to you how the transition was handled and who talked to who. I can almost guarantee that they just handed off paper work and the receiving facility didn’t care enough to spend 20 minutes on the phone with their counterparts to handoff the care needs.

Hold their feet to the fire, no one will advocate for your wife like you will. Their primary concern is avoiding any liability.

Just my 02 cents worth.
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow...

I hope that she's able to get her strength back soon.

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Kathy

Praise Report for Kathy 8/30 - I spent most of the morning with Kathy before they went down her throat and into her stomach to find this "bleeding". They found nothing and finally decided that it was acid reflux. Which goes right back to her meal solution not being compatible. I ask the Lord to go on the offensive today. Since the accident we have been praying for healing and restoration, which is what she needed at the time and still needs. What we also need to start praying is that He will move any and all of those that are knowingly or unknowingly hindering her recovery. I have had enough of this; enough staph infections, enough pneumonia, enough feeding problems. I ask for you to pray with me for angels with flaming swords to encircle her facing out 24/7 and for them to block ineptitude, or attacks from the defeated enemy. Move these people out of the way; give them a flat tire every day for a month until they move, whatever it takes. I ask that the best nurses and doctors attend her and for them to have a outstanding clarity of thought and understanding of her case. We also need to ask for God to strengthen her body and heal the areas that need healing. Let's go on the offensive, Saints! This has gone on long enough!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default KATHY'S ILLNESS

Praying harder ................ hang in there Doc, prayer shall overcome ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thoughts and prayers Doc. The Lord will do his part but if you can get the two nutritionists to talk it will help. Any change for her is huge in a fragile state, all changes should be small. The more background the new folks have from the prior hospital will only help. I’m not a Dr so take it with a grain of salt but I simply know that when people talk they tend to discover things they didn’t know.

🙏
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm with Mike on this one...

Spyder Garage

Default Prayers

Sending prayers to Kathy and Doc!!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
    Thoughts and prayers Doc. The Lord will do his part but if you can get the two nutritionists to talk it will help. Any change for her is huge in a fragile state, all changes should be small. The more background the new folks have from the prior hospital will only help. I’m not a Dr so take it with a grain of salt but I simply know that when people talk they tend to discover things they didn’t know.

��
    Doc,

Where I work is a PM&R unit. There is one dr. in charge of what goes on in the unit; he's the go to person. I think you said Kathy is in what is called Aftercare. I've got to believe there is one dr. in charge of that unit. Talk to that dr. about your concerns regarding the nutritionist or anyone else involved with Kathy's care. You have every right to talk to what would be called the head dr. for Aftercare. He/she is the one you need to get to, not the underlings like a nutritionist.
    Last edited by wyliec; 08-31-2018 at 04:22 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Just wondering....does god rate requests by the quantity, the quality or the number of prayer emojis?
    Here is God's heart toward our prayers, our requests, and our heart. Please read the verses listed.

James 5:16

John 14:13

Acts 3:6, 4:10

God looks for faith. Faith brings continual prayers. Since we can't be there, emojis are a way of expressing concern, love, and emotion (hence the name emoji).

Hope this answers your question.
    2013 RT Limited.
    BajaRon Sway Bar.
    Refined Cycle's BPE2 brake pedal extension.
    Pedal Box
    2013 RT Limited , Refined Cycle BPE2 White