Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP Connect Should BRP have done better

I’ve been reading all the comments ref the BRP Connect system and I would not like to upgrade my Spyder RT at present as the Connect system still needs to be developed further to make it user friendly

i have been looking at what other systems Motorcycle manufactures have installed and came across these videos maybe BRP will make further changes to their system
    These videos shows what a connected communication can be achieved BRP take note

Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Default I’m happy w it.

I’m happy w BRP Connect. It does take time to learn how to work it properly, but I rarely have problems. And software can always be updated. Recently I’ve noticed when I’m playing my music, the album cover art is displayed on right side dash. That’s pretty cool.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post
    I’ve been reading all the comments ref the BRP Connect system and I would not like to upgrade my Spyder RT at present as the Connect system still needs to be developed further to make it user friendly

i have been looking at what other systems Motorcycle manufactures have installed and came across these videos maybe BRP will make further changes to their system

With a little time it does become usable. I do agree that they could have done a better job. The third party apps with the exception of Accuweather are crap (in my opinion). The whole integration with the phone locking, the slow boot up for the dash (not starting the bike) and several other things that have work arounds are just not up to speed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by maxxheadroom View Post
    With a little time it does become usable. I do agree that they could have done a better job. The third party apps with the exception of Accuweather are crap (in my opinion). The whole integration with the phone locking, the slow boot up for the dash (not starting the bike) and several other things that have work arounds are just not up to speed.
    Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean, but you can start the bike right away if you want. You don't have to wait for the dash to boot up.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean, but you can start the bike right away if you want. You don't have to wait for the dash to boot up.
    He's talking about how slow the screen boots up. It takes about a minute before music will start to play sometimes longer. That is way to slow. I still can't figure out how to answer my phone with my Sena 20S. I see the call on dash but won't work with joystick or helmet button. Tried everything I could push. Frustrating.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    He's talking about how slow the screen boots up. It takes about a minute before music will start to play sometimes longer. That is way to slow. I still can't figure out how to answer my phone with my Sena 20S. I see the call on dash but won't work with joystick or helmet button. Tried everything I could push. Frustrating.
    I misunderstood the first time I read it. I see what he meant now.

With my Sena SMH10 and android phone. Answering a phone call works very well. Short joystick press to the right answers the call. Short joystick press left ignores the call.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post

On my 20s and the 20s EVO they both work the same with the joystick. When I see the call, there is a little green check mark to the right and the little red to the left. If I push the joystick right it answers the call and If I have a contact picture for the incoming call it displays on the dash. This is all dependent on the little helmet Icon being on at the bottom of the screen (which means your Sena connected to BRP Connect) where it shows how many bars your phone has and the battery life. (to be clear, I am using an iPhone.) I have noticed that if I turn on my SENA after the screen on the bike has booted it is a 50/50 crap shoot as to weather the Sena connects to the bike or not. If it is on before I start the bike I always connect. I have quit plugging in my phone to the connector and only use bluetooth. They can keep Rever, Stupid Maps, (Accuweather is ok, just not enough info) and whatever else may come in the future. (just my opinion). I have a 595LM and it is ready to go when I turn on the bike. It does not boot slow like the old 660 did. If I decide to use FOBO I will use it on the 595LM.

thanks for the clarification, yes I am talking about how long it takes for the music and bluetooth to be ready to use. Way to long.

Spyder Garage

Indian Motorcycle =s BRP

Go figure!

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Hi Jarred , maybe you can you tell me how to put addresses into "My Places" in Genius maps. I managed to get 1 address in there and the GPS works no problem, but I can't enter any more???

Thanks in advance

Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

You like how Honda did it! I wonder what the Honda owners think of how Honda did it? Oh yes, here is what they thin.

https://gl1800riders.com/forums/193-...s-because.html