Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    A suggestion...

A lot unhappy with UP. I think best served by PM's. I sent him one also. This whole thread is going to get shut down or closed because of...tirades at UP. Many would say--not worth it anyway.

Let's cut Doc a break.
    You are 100% correct.
    Doc, I apologize for taking the focus off of where it has been and should be.
    I will continue to pray for you and your family for your loss. I pray that you feel Gods love as he wraps his arm around you when you are at your lowest times and helps you through this time.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry if I drifted, not my intent.

Spyder Garage

I agree and will remove my post directed at Utah Pete as I do not want to be the responsible party. My apologies to any member I may have offended.

Way to go AkSpdyerman cooler heads do prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    A suggestion...

A lot unhappy with UP. I think best served by PM's. I sent him one also. This whole thread is going to get shut down or closed because of...tirades at UP. Many would say--not worth it anyway.

Let's cut Doc a break.
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

UP may have made the reply here based on a P.M. I sent. What I said was a while back I posted on the Off Topic board about when is it time to take someone off life support. I had put it in the Off Topic board b/c my sister-in-law was in the hospital for 10 days, and ended up with no brain activity, and her husband decided it was time. In any case, I was trying to get input from others about when is it time to pull the plug. I did not go into detail of my sister-in-law. I was told by 5 different members here that my post should be pulled, and there was no reason to discuss a topic like that. Pete and I discussed it a little. So, blame me, not Pete. I did pull that thread shortly after the little uproar.

It's pretty obvious that not everyone is treated the same here.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes wyliec thanks for the background. Doc has all our support through this awful time. I suggest that it is bringing back memories of this decision-making situation for many - it is for me. And that we know personally what an awful time it is. And that individual viewpoints vary, and all are fine.

Spyder Garage

Default Doc and Kathy

Doc,

Though we have never formally met, you have my deepest condolences for the loss of your spouse and friend Kathy. I hope for your healing and good health in the days ahead that are left to you. May you have many and may they be blessed to overflowing with love and good cheer from your fellow men and women in your sphere. Peace to and upon you.

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Doc, my condolences to you and your family. You have shown tremendous strength in a time of great pain. Clearly your faith has given you strength though this difficult time. My thoughts and prayers to you and to Kathy's children.
    2012 RT-SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Okay, we have listened, we have have commiserated and some have prayed. I think it's time to move on because this is seriously religious and has no place on this forum, if I correctly understand the rules.
    I think this is one time most all members would waive this rule you are talking about. It appears only one person is bent out of shape here.
    2014 Spyder RTS

Tri Axis Handlebars
    Big Bike Trailer Harness
    Rivco Front Bumper (Black)
    Rivco Highway Pegs
    Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS
    Trailer Hitch
    Aluma XL Trailer
    Stainless Grill Covers
    Cupholder
    Spring Stiffeners
    Rivco Floorboards

Spyder Garage

Doc, we are so sorry for your loss. May you and your family find peace and comfort. God be with you and yours at this time.

Spyder Garage

I have followed this post from day one. I cannot think, in my 71 years, of a situation such as this that has had a more profound effect on me. Doc, you and Kathy have touched my heart. I am not an overtly religious person but I believe in God. You have brought me a few steps closer to where I should probably be. I thank you, Doc, for sharing yours and Kathy's life with me. I think I am a better person for it. You have my utmost respect..... God Bless
    Last edited by canamjhb; 09-28-2018 at 10:29 PM.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Doc,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. May God give you the peace that passes all understanding.

The Lord is near to the heartbroken And He saves those who are crushed in spirit

Spyder Garage

Doc, I am glad you shared your journey with us. It reminded me of when my Father in Law had stage 4 lung cancer and I was sure we could battle it and beat it together but it was not to be. That was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. We fought a long hard battle and lost, or did we, now he is at peace in Heaven and now Mom is with him too along with my parents and brother and all those we all have lost. There are those that might say not to love so deep but I would not give up any of those memories for anything. I admire your strength, beliefs and passion. As far as I'm concerned you are welcome here to talk or whatever forever. I think a little of all of us went with her. Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Pete, You can interpret this anyway you want. I see it as a story of true love between a man and a woman. They also happen to be people of faith, and they both happen to love ryding their Spyders. That makes it belong on this forum.
    Maybe if it was in the Off-Topic forum. But, it's in the Spyder General Discussion forum, and it stopped being about Spyders a long time ago. Since Kathy has passed, I was suggesting it is time to drop the religion references and just get back to condolences for Doc, and maybe what we as Spyder Lovers can gain from this tragic series of events.

If I was remiss at all in my post, it was my failure to acknowledge Doc's sorrow and loss. I had been supporting him in my own way in his struggle - on this thread. But I guess I should have done that again.

My apologies to all who were offended by what appeared to be my callous disregard for the tragic outcome of this very human drama.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 09-30-2018 at 09:08 AM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This thread should not be pulled just because of the angry posts against me. Those were completely understandable given the misunderstanding about the nature of my post and I'm not upset about them.

There have been many, many heartfelt posts supportive of Doc and Kathy through this ordeal, and I was personally touched by them. I also admired the posts from Doc's faith community, even though I no longer believe those things myself; obviously they were very comforting to Doc and Kathy and those who expressed their uplifting of both of them in prayer. I wish I could find comfort in that myself, but I cannot any longer. That doesn't change the fact that many of you do, including Doc - and Kathy at that time.

So, I'm sorry if my post was misconstrued and upset good people. That was not my intent. I will gladly pull it if that will put anyone's mind at ease.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 09-30-2018 at 09:08 AM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Doc, my thoughts and prayers are with you. May the fondness of memory temper the sadness of loss.
    MEP
    ​2019 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

we are still a family of sorts brought together with a common interest. as we have gotten to know
    each other there is respect for all. their loss is our loss.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Maybe if it was in the Off-Topic forum. But, it's in the Spyder General Discussion forum, and it stopped being about Spyders a long time ago. Since Kathy has passed, I was suggesting it is time to drop the religion references and just get back to condolences for Doc, and maybe what we as Spyder Lovers can gain from this tragic series of events.

If I was remiss at all in my post, it was my failure to acknowledge Doc's sorrow and loss. I had been supporting him in my own way in his struggle - on this thread. But I guess I should have done that again.

My apologies to all who were offended by what appeared to be my callous disregard for the tragic outcome of this very human drama.
    Nice Pete!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Doc, we will continue to lift you and your family up in prayer, that you could gain peace and understanding among yourselves as you journey through this time of loss. Only God can know what you are feeling in your heart now, and only He can restore your spirit. May God Bless and keep you.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Doc, my heartfelt sorrow for your loss, you and your family are still in my prayers.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Kathy's Homegoing!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrN4...ature=youtu.be

Many Thanks for Nslowmotion for coming up for the funeral and filming this!!

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear of your loss.I also lost my wife due to complications from Kidney Failure. The feelings will be very tender and acute for awhile,but they will get softer in time, easier to live with.That does not mean you will love Kathy any less or forget her. Although I have remarried I still think of Thais every day and our family. It's OK to do that and to remember. Grief healing goes at different paces for everyone. Go at your own pace and do what you need to do. I know you to be people of Faith so I pray for God's Peace and Comfort to be with you as you begin a new phase in your life.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That was a beautiful video of her "last ride"...

(Even though I know that she'll always be riding with you. )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Sorry to hear of your loss.I also lost my wife due to compliications from Kidney Failure. The feelings will be very tender and acute for awhile,but they will get softer in time, easier to live with.That does not mean you will love Kathy any less or forget her. Although I have remarried I still think of Thais every day and our family. It's OK to do that and to remember. Grief healing goes at different paces for everyone. Go at your own pace and do what you need to do. I know you to be people of Faith so I pray for God's Peace and Comfort to be with you as you begin a new phase in your life.
    I lost my wife to cancer, 12 years ago, what is said here is so true.I still miss her.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

So very sorry for your loss. May your wife have the peace she so deserves.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Sorry for your loss Doc.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!