Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motza View Post
    Firefly, you did a good job on your Spyder, looks awsome!
    Do the bags have built in turn signals, or brake lights?
    No built in lights. The turn signals get moved during the install. NMN has some light kits for the GIVI bags that I'll be taking a look at soon!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I believe Givi has a light kit for the bags and the top box. But will they work with the Spyder who knows.

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Saddle Bags

Based on comments and reporting from Firefly on the BRP saddle bags, I'm on the verge of ordering a set, but before I do that I'd like to get a fresh perspective from Firefly and others that have them on to determine if they're still happy with them. What do you guys and gals say?

In addition, assuming everyone is still happy, where's the place to get these? Is there a vendor that I should contact? I know my local dealer will charge an "arm and a leg" for them. Is there someone more economical?

Appreciate any advice/guidance.

Glynn K

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by glynnk View Post
    Based on comments and reporting from Firefly on the BRP saddle bags, I'm on the verge of ordering a set, but before I do that I'd like to get a fresh perspective from Firefly and others that have them on to determine if they're still happy with them. What do you guys and gals say?

In addition, assuming everyone is still happy, where's the place to get these? Is there a vendor that I should contact? I know my local dealer will charge an "arm and a leg" for them. Is there someone more economical?

Appreciate any advice/guidance.

Glynn K

I love the bags - had them on a few weeks now and basically leave them on all the time. Been able to do far much more shopping with them on - they have been just great. I have not done an overnight with them yet - but they will be just great for that. Been leaving my topcase on too - works just great.

I got mine from robsperformance.com .

Spyder Garage

Default Brp Bags

Firefly--Thanks for the info. I've sent the Robs Performance folks an email.

Thanks,
    Glynn K

Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

A really nice look. I like the Black silver combination. I too have ordered the Corbins and plan on leaving them on the bike all the time. Still a nice sleek looking bag.....Thanks for the pictures

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have the GIVI bags & top box. I leave them on all the time also. They are great, love them.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Givi bags were added thinking they would be nice for trips. Since putting them on, they are never off. They provide so much convenience for around town riding as a place for jackets and helmets while leaving trunk space available. They really add some balance to the back of the bike offsetting the wide front profile. Whether I7, Givi or BRP version, they are a great addition. Price and turn signal location are your choices. While the quick disconnect feature of the BRP design is great, I doubt that you will be taking them off very often. I think the big advantage of the BRP quick detach bracket is for maintenance, access to battery, etc. Some don't like the look of Givi rear fender turn signals and some don't like the stalks that BRP uses, but it's really about the convenience of the cases.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPjunkie View Post
    Givi bags were added thinking they would be nice for trips. Since putting them on, they are never off. They provide so much convenience for around town riding as a place for jackets and helmets while leaving trunk space available. They really add some balance to the back of the bike offsetting the wide front profile. Whether I7, Givi or BRP version, they are a great addition. Price and turn signal location are your choices. While the quick disconnect feature of the BRP design is great, I doubt that you will be taking them off very often. I think the big advantage of the BRP quick detach bracket is for maintenance, access to battery, etc. Some don't like the look of Givi rear fender turn signals and some don't like the stalks that BRP uses, but it's really about the convenience of the cases.

Right on!

Spyder Garage

Firefly,

We also had the saddlebags, passenger extensions and seat installed. The Spyder looks great. Mine is gloss black with all the upgrades. My question is, I have a Hindle muffler and I noticed that after the saddlebags were installed, the muffler sounds louder. Did you notice this change in your bike as well? The saddlebags were installed by our local Can Am dealer. Your bike looks great by the way. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blue92 View Post
    Firefly,

We also had the saddlebags, passenger extensions and seat installed. The Spyder looks great. Mine is gloss black with all the upgrades. My question is, I have a Hindle muffler and I noticed that after the saddlebags were installed, the muffler sounds louder. Did you notice this change in your bike as well? The saddlebags were installed by our local Can Am dealer. Your bike looks great by the way. Thanks.
    Make sure they tightened the muffler clamp back up when they lowered the muffler.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Firefly,

No extra noise here. I would check and see if anything came loose.

Spyder Garage

I checked the clamp. It was tight although I can feel a little air leakage. I removed the bags and the noise level was back to normal. With the bags installed, it seems like the sound level goes up. Perhaps the position of the bags and the fact that they are empty is creating an acoustic effect making the sound seem louder. The plus is that all me biking buddies (Harley riders) love the sound. (Every one except my passenger - my wife!) I'll load the bags and see if the acoustic effect changes.

Spyder Garage

I checked the clamp. It was tight although I can feel a little air leakage. I removed the bags and the noise level was back to normal. With the bags installed, it seems like the sound level goes up. Perhaps the position of the bags and the fact that they are empty is creating an acoustic effect making the sound seem louder. The plus is that all me biking buddies (Harley riders) love the sound. (Every one except my passenger - my wife!) I'll load the bags and see if the acoustic effect changes.
    Interesting, and a well thought out way to test it. I hope neither of you finds the noise to be objectionable.
    -Scotty

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just got the bags and no INSTRUCTIONS!!!
    I worry there might be a missing part due to the tear in one of the parts bags AND no instructions...

are there instructions with a parts list somewhere?
    VERY HAPPY OWNER OF Spyder PE #1133 w/ Leo Vince, High Flow Filter , Red caliper trim(whoopty doo), BRP sport rack/backrest, BRP saddle bags, BRP comfort seat, Honda RC51, Buell XB9R, Garmin 660, Tackyon XC action cam, Nolan N103 W/ N-Com kit(never use it...)

Spyder Garage

What all comes with the kit, does it include the bags, hardware racks, and light extension bars?
    2012 RS White with corbin web seat, misty mountain seat skin, tour windshield, Hindle exhaust, handlebar risers, BRP saddlebags, foot boards, bump skid (critter splitter), fender LED lights, and lots of attitude.

Spyder Garage

Everything you need comes in the kit. The only thing that doesn't come with the bags is the accent panel to match the color of your Spyder.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspyder View Post
    Just got the bags and no INSTRUCTIONS!!!
    I worry there might be a missing part due to the tear in one of the parts bags AND no instructions...

are there instructions with a parts list somewhere?
    The instructions I got were quite useless and called for a part that was not their or used.
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.

Spyder Garage

Can someone post the installation instructions for the G-35 BRP Saddle bag kit -please.