Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ride2GetHigh View Post
    From the video posted above yes your are correct. Where does that info come from? Not in the manual and I've done a lot of digging on the web site never seeing it.

Still want to know what good connecting the BT on my helmet to the BT on the bike is good for. The dash shows it's connected (Sena SMH5) and an icon of the helmet at the bottom. But where is the audio???
    Thanks.....
    You are missing the visual clues that they are showing you on the screen.
    audio 1.jpg

On the right shows you the choice of function buttons by the joystick. Take note that some of them have an orange shading. Giving them a 3D look. The up volume button does not. That's telling you there is only one function on that button and that is to raise the volume. Now notice the volume down button. It has the orange 3D shading. That is telling you it has 2 functions. Short press lowers the volume. Long press mutes the audio. But it is case specific. If the audio is muted. Then the volume up will have the orange 3D shading. Giving you the clue that it now has the function to unmute with a long press. This is similar to older Spyders except they used a single or double chevron symbols that where more obvious. So back to the initial problem of tuning the FM presets. Notice the center button has the orange shading. Telling you it has a second function. But that is a mystery until you try it or someone posts it on Spyderlovers.

Yes I agree it sucks that you can't BT the radio or aux inputs to the helmet headset.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    You are missing the visual clues that they are showing you on the screen.
    audio 1.jpg

On the right shows you the choice of function buttons by the joystick. Take note that some of them have an orange shading. Giving them a 3D look. The up volume button does not. That's telling you there is only one function on that button and that is to raise the volume. Now notice the volume down button. It has the orange 3D shading. That is telling you it has 2 functions. Short press lowers the volume. Long press mutes the audio. But it is case specific. If the audio is muted. Then the volume up will have the orange 3D shading. Giving you the clue that it now has the function to unmute with a long press. This is similar to older Spyders except they used a single or double chevron symbols that where more obvious. So back to the initial problem of tuning the FM presets. Notice the center button has the orange shading. Telling you it has a second function. But that is a mystery until you try it or someone posts it on Spyderlovers.

Yes I agree it sucks that you can't BT the radio or aux inputs to the helmet headset.
    Thanks for that great tutorial on the way the radio system works. Why isn't this all in the manual or easy to find on the web site?? Burp...I mean BRP.....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rays hell View Post
    My 16 F3T will play MP3 music from the Lightning cable and show it on the dash, but quit playing Spotify. I now have to use the aux input cable for audio and Lighning cable to charge my phone. Tried it on a 17 model and had the same results.
    The 2018's are different. So is the ability to use an Android-based phone.
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ride2GetHigh View Post
    From the video posted above yes your are correct. Where does that info come from? Not in the manual and I've done a lot of digging on the web site never seeing it.

Still want to know what good connecting the BT on my helmet to the BT on the bike is good for. The dash shows it's connected (Sena SMH5) and an icon of the helmet at the bottom. But where is the audio???
    Thanks.....
    The BT is so you can hear the phone music and use the phone to make/receive calls. I doubt you would be able to distinguish Genius maps directions through the speakers so it’s good to have the BT for everything except FM and Aux. (hopefully that will change as the option is there)
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

@billybovine Thanks for the great tutorial about the FM Radio. Why BRP keeps directions for operation so secret is beyond me. There was a heat problem with the 2013 models of rt and my wife had one of those that burned her leg on the right side. After enough complaints BRP fixed the problem. No FM bluetooth is not a major issue but it was one of the reasons that I made the decision to purchase the 2018 model. Right now my phone is connected, and my head phones have built in FM so I listen to that. Phone also has access to iheartradio, and xmsat so I can listen to that. The Spyder FM remains off because I can't hear it while riding above 50 mph.

Spyder Garage

Default Audio output issues

Has anyone specifically only with the '18 model Spyder's (RT or F3's) that utilises the new digital display cluster notice if:
    1) ALL their speakers clip on music's bass points, even while at low volume
    2) the radio signal seems to have a harder time locking onto a station signal or is quite staticky and
    3) volume output has to be turned up nearly 80%+ in order to hear it at speeds above 50mph/80kph?

I compared my '18 F3 LTD radio volume output against a 2017 F3-LTD. On the 2017 I set the volume output (tuned to the same radio station AND using a music streaming device playing the same song) at 30% and then adjusted the 2018 to an equal level output. My Spyder had to be set at 60% to be equal to the 2017. I've tried this also with the 2018 models with my dealer's new floor models against the 2017's and reproduced the same results.

Why would BRP reduce the volume output so significantly for the newly designed 2018 digital display Spyders' where we need to crank the volume output up so high? I've noticed even the bass and mid-range tones in the new models are no where as rich and deep as it was in the former Spyder model year sound systems. BRP has told my dealer they have no intentions of fixing this issue.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter and
    those who matter don't mind.”
    ... Dr. Suess

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

2018 F3 Limited - 10th Anniversary Ed , Trickle charger, Gerbing heated clothing Black/Gold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
    Has anyone specifically only with the '18 model Spyder's (RT or F3's) that utilises the new digital display cluster notice if:
    1) ALL their speakers clip on music's bass points, even while at low volume
    2) the radio signal seems to have a harder time locking onto a station signal or is quite staticky and
    3) volume output has to be turned up nearly 80%+ in order to hear it at speeds above 50mph/80kph?

I compared my '18 F3 LTD radio volume output against a 2017 F3-LTD. On the 2017 I set the volume output (tuned to the same radio station AND using a music streaming device playing the same song) at 30% and then adjusted the 2018 to an equal level output. My Spyder had to be set at 60% to be equal to the 2017. I've tried this also with the 2018 models with my dealer's new floor models against the 2017's and reproduced the same results.

Why would BRP reduce the volume output so significantly for the newly designed 2018 digital display Spyders' where we need to crank the volume output up so high? I've noticed even the bass and mid-range tones in the new models are no where as rich and deep as it was in the former Spyder model year sound systems. BRP has told my dealer they have no intentions of fixing this issue.
    Audio sound quality issues seems to be with the FM radio. At least with mine. The actual audio from the speakers is far superior than the ST I traded off. Using BT audio from my phone is great. I can hear it very well traveling down the road at speed. But the wind direction and speed can make a difference. FM very different. Sitting in the garage without the engine running it sounds great to me. But at times just starting the engine will kill the FM reception. Traveling down the road no volume, bad reception. It just sucks. To my amusement the other day I found out that if I remove the antenna. The radio reception is not any different. Coming up on my first service. So I will have the dealer look into that.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
    BRP has told my dealer they have no intentions of fixing this issue.
    Two out of 3 of your symptoms sounds like a very low signal level.......like the antenna isn't connected properly.
    But you aren't the first one to complain about it......and likely won't be the last.

I wonder if ANYBODY who has an '18 model has a good working radio ?? Somehow I doubt it.

Spyder Garage

^^^^ my radio sucks also ,if the wife holds the antenna the radio is better, but she will not run beside the bike .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Same here. Can’t hear it or the navagation instructions on the highway. That is, if the navigation works but that is another thread. Has anyone installed an amplifier on their system?

Spyder Garage

Default 2018 Audio Signal Weak & Low Volume Output

It appears there may be more of us with the new digital display in 2018 model years that suffer these issues I've addressed in my original post. We can be only the few who has noticed this so how do we get BRP to consider addressing these audio problems other than having a multitude of owners pestering the dealers to pass it along?

Can the amplifier be upgraded with the existing electronics? Can the speakers popping/clipping be related to the antenna connection which also causes the very weak radio reception?
    ... Dr. Suess

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

2018 F3 Limited - 10th Anniversary Ed , Trickle charger, Gerbing heated clothing Black/Gold

Spyder Garage

Default No AM Mode??

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    1. You can only Auto Config Presets what ever it hears. Not true. Go to the FM tuning screen.
    2. NO AM mode That's true. Very few use it anyway.
    3. Can't put in manually a station that doesn't come up auto config. Not true. Go to the FM tuning screen.
    4. No manual tuning across the band. Not true. Go to the FM tuning screen.
    5. Have to Auto Config every 50 miles or so for a new set of stations and can't do it while heading down the road. Have to stop. Just do a long left or right joystick press to scan for another station. From the main screen.
    I dont own a spyder yet but tried one out today and going back tomorrow to try it again. You said No am mode...does this mean theres no AM Radio just FM radio??

Spyder Garage

Default No AM Radio

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_from_ny View Post
    I dont own a spyder yet but tried one out today and going back tomorrow to try it again. You said No am mode...does this mean theres no AM Radio just FM radio??

Only FM band.
    ... Dr. Suess

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Spyder Garage

Default Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Dmartin View Post
    Or you could do what I did with my 2018 RTL, install a Sirius XM radio. It works great...
    Did you have any fitment problems???

Joe
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

This is a game changer for me. I figured BRP Connect would be similar to Apple CarPlay running apple or google maps with Spotify streaming in the back ground like most vehicles since 2016, and Indian and Harley... bummer
    Looks like I’ll be shopping for a 2017 and a handlebar phone mount
    2018 F3 Limited , Stock Doc Humphrys Intense Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by QuadRAGIN View Post
    This is a game changer for me. I figured BRP Connect would be similar to Apple CarPlay running apple or google maps with Spotify streaming in the back ground like most vehicles since 2016, and Indian and Harley... bummer
    Looks like I?ll be shopping for a 2017 and a handlebar phone mount
    I have 2018 RTL. I bluetooth my phone to the Spyder and use the XM app on my phone. Works great into my Sena 20s.

RC
    2018 Spyder RT Limited
    Asphalt Gray
    Can Am Passenger Armrests
    Can Am Comfort Seat
    Spyder Accessories Floating Footpegs
    Utopia Driver Backrest
    Bajaron Sway Bar
    Sena 20s Bluetooth
    Lidlocks Helmet Holders
    F4 Tall and Wide Tinted Windshield
    Fobo Tire Monitor
    Lamonster Spyderdock Cell Phone Holder
    Sheepskin Seat Cover
    Drink2Go Cup Holders
    Magic Mirror
    Can Am Trailer Hitch
    Missing Belt Guard

Wish List - LED Headlights and Fog lights

Spyder Garage

I just bought my 2018 Spyder RT Limited 2 weeks ago. Was excited about buying it. I sold my 2015 RT thinking that I was moving up and upgrading. I was very disappointed in the sound quality of the 2018. When I'm on the highway, i can hardly hear my music , especially with my faceshield down and my volume is at maximum. On my 2015, the volume and sound was much better. I could hear my music even in the worst traffic. BRP was in such a hurry to get the 2018's on the market but should have taken more time to invest in the dashboard a little more. I agree that for $31,000 they should have taken their time and invested in the dashboard more. That was actually the selling factor for me. Even the patch (ver. 13.20) that I had installed didn't really address all the issues. BRP needs to issue another update to upgrade the system to "$31,000 quality and performance." BRP, take it back to the drawing board!!!

Spyder Garage

I can take my jeep back in gods country have perfect reception .The spyder when it gets out of eye site of the radio tower i lose reception . The radio would not even make a good boat anchor ,to lite . How can BRP get away with this crap .Also will add no connect to helmet ,that just sucks .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

You may have an audio setting wrong, or need a software update. When I first got my ?18 I couldn?t hear sound when riding above 65?ish. After I brought it to dealer for 3k service, and to update software, I now hear audio at all speeds (well, since then I?ve gone about 88mph and still hear it). I?m not sure if my RTL audio was in demo mode or something but after the service it was much better. Great videos above plus others on YouTube. Took me a few miles to understand thinking behind new dash but now I love it and very happy I got the new dash.
    Good luck.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tenic View Post
    I have 2018 RTL. I bluetooth my phone to the Spyder and use the XM app on my phone. Works great into my Sena 20s.

RC
    What do you use for GPS / Navigation?

Spyder Garage

So i was reading on BRP's website that on an iPhone only there is a way to "Authorize" apps to be used thru BRP Connect.
    Has anyone tried that?
    Seems kind of a Joke of a system if we can not use Spotify, Pandora, etc. Through BRP Connect. On my 2016 Indian Roadmaster, I can even Thumbs up and Thumbs Down while streaming Pandora. and its just a Red LED type screen.
    Looks like I can get a Phone mount and a charge only cable; use Bluetooth connection to stream Spotify audio and Navigation audio, and use my phone to display Google or Apple Maps, THAT Sooo 2015.
    I was playing with Genius and Sygic Neither one of these can NAV me to work or home Genius go close but Sygic was WAY Wrong. Maybe someone at BRP friend or relative own these NAV Apps..

""When seeing a BRP Connect-compatible app for the first time, the icon is grayed out and there is a key on top of the icon. What should I do? Is this approval process required for every app?

This process only affects iPhone devices. You must:

Select the app you wish to unlock.
    Confirm you want to use this app via BRP Connect (this confirmation is performed on your vehicle's display).
    Confirm once again you wish to use this app via BRP Connect (this second confirmation is performed on your smartphone).

This approval process is required for all apps except the Music and Genius Map app.""

Maybe Ill put the ugly Tilting Trike Front end on my Indian after all..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by QuadRAGIN View Post
    Maybe Ill put the ugly Tilting Trike Front end on my Indian after all..
    If I had an Indian in good shape, I think I would have paid the ~ $14K for a conventional trike conversion.

Spyder Garage

How did you install a Sirius XM radio on your 2018 RTL. I just bought mine and I'm interested in playing satellite as opposed to just plain FM radio. Would love to know the brand radio and the details of the install.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dmartin View Post
    Or you could do what I did with my 2018 RTL, install a Sirius XM radio. It works great...
    How did you install a Sirius XM radio on your 2018 RTL. I just bought mine and I'm interested in playing satellite as opposed to just plain FM radio. Would love to know the brand radio and the details of the install.

Spyder Garage

The conversation I speak of is actually a 2 in the front tilting.
    http://www.tiltingmotorworks.com/