Thread: bjt...

Spyder Garage

Default bjt...

... how's the job look?
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I was just about to send him a PM asking the same thing!!! Hope everything is ok on the job side.
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Silver/Black SE5 - Trunk Liner, 1" riser, 12v, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, 5" Kewlmetal Pullback Bars, Kewlmetal Console, Zumo 450, Ipod, Kewlmetal Highway brackets with Wing pegs, Triple Play, Wizard Light LED's, Corbin front/rear saddle with Backrest, Nelson Rigg CL950 Saddlebags with CL800 Tote Bag, CalSci Medium Windshield.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your concern guys. As of right now, my workplace is not one of the ones slated for closure. My next concerns are how many electricians the new GM (or the bankruptcy judge or Uncle Sam) thinks they need to run their factories and what they are going to do with all the high seniority people that work at those closing factories. If they decide to let seniority rule corporate wide, there's a good chance that those 30+ year seniority folk will be displacing those of us who have less. Too bad I wasn't just a few years older, then I could get out on the 50 / 10 retirement they are supposed to be offering (50 years old and 10 + years of seniority).

Bottom line for any of us who work for GM now, we're not out of the woods until GM is financially fit again. Who knows how long that will take. Probably the same situation for Chrysler, Ford and auto company suppliers employees.

At least the bankruptcy judge ruled today that GM could still pay their employees.
    Last edited by bjt; 06-01-2009 at 07:01 PM.

Spyder Garage

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Me too - fingers crossed. Well I hope the gubberment knows what they are doing

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Me too - fingers crossed. Well I hope the gubberment knows what they are doing
    That would be a first.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    That would be a first.
    -Scotty
    ain't that the truth
    Caution:When you argue with an idiot,You have to lower your standards and then you get beat by their experience

Spyder Garage

Hey, I am just trying to figure out if I should buy GM stock at .75 a share....
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Hey, I am just trying to figure out if I should buy GM stock at .75 a share....
    I thought I was getting it at a great time when I bought it for $10 a share last year. I was thankful to get out of it at $3 a share earlier this year.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    I thought I was getting it at a great time when I bought it for $10 a share last year. I was thankful to get out of it at $3 a share earlier this year.
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Silver/Black SE5 - Trunk Liner, 1" riser, 12v, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, 5" Kewlmetal Pullback Bars, Kewlmetal Console, Zumo 450, Ipod, Kewlmetal Highway brackets with Wing pegs, Triple Play, Wizard Light LED's, Corbin front/rear saddle with Backrest, Nelson Rigg CL950 Saddlebags with CL800 Tote Bag, CalSci Medium Windshield.