Spyder Garage

Default windshield movement - side to side

Happy Independence day everyone!

2016 RTL here - first Spyder, only been driving for about 250 miles so far.

I noticed on certain roads the windshield rocks side to side a lot. Or at least more than I thought it would. I tried riding with it in multiple positions (all the way up/down, halfway, 1/4, etc). Nothing made a difference.

After I got back home, I tried moving it by hand and noticed there is a little play going right and left. So my question is, how much "play" is normal?

Since it doesn't happen every time I ride, I don't know if it has to do with the road (which isn't horribly bumpy), or if it actually needs an adjustment?

Any input is appreciated! Thanks

Spyder Garage

This is my second Spyder RT and both have done it. I don't even notice it any more.
    One thing I've read several times is Don't have the windshield all the way up or all the way down. I usually allow about an inch from full up or down.
    Not sure if you've read them but on the forum the are Do's and Dont's for new Spyder riders.
    Good luck with your Spyder. They're a great concept and once you get used to the handling (which may take a while if you've ridden 2 wheels for years), the spyder is a blast.

Enjoy.
    Greg
    2015 RT Limited (White)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway View Post
    This is my second Spyder RT and both have done it. I don't even notice it any more.
    One thing I've read several times is Don't have the windshield all the way up or all the way down. I usually allow about an inch from full up or down.
    Not sure if you've read them but on the forum the are Do's and Dont's for new Spyder riders.
    Good luck with your Spyder. They're a great concept and once you get used to the handling (which may take a while if you've ridden 2 wheels for years), the spyder is a blast.

Enjoy.

Thank you...yep I read all the do's and don'ts before I actually bought it

Good to know it's normal, I didn't know if it was supposed to move at all during ryding.

Spyder Garage

My windshield shakes too going over bumps, actually the whole plastic dash area moves too. Until I needed to add some accessories and had alot of plastic off,then you see it's made to wiggle a little for flexibility
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It seems to be normal. That's been my experience anyway.
    2014 RTL Platinum