Spyder Garage

Default Cleaner Recommendations

The new F 3 body work isn't too hard to keep clean; I use Meguiers Quick Detailing Mist to wipe it down.

Keeping the wheels clean is a pain in the , due to all the nooks and crannies (especially the R wheel) and though I like my stock brake pads feel and stopping power they dust like a son of a gun.

What do you use as a spray on/rinse off cleaner for wheels/brake (engine and F/R suspension bits too, for that matter) dust that is plastic safe? TY!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

sprayway for body, min40 green for wheels. electric power washer helps to make it easier.

Spyder Garage

I take half a bottle of Zaino Brothers Z-2 quick detail spray and fill the other half with water (but any QD spray would work, of course), and wipe down using a microfiber towel. This way I can clean off the dirt/bugs after a ride and get the shine back at the same time. Same goes for the chrome wheels.
    2016 F3 Limited in Pearl White-LaMonster GPS mount, LED fog lights, BajaRon anti-sway bar, Doc Humphrey's vibration dampener
    2013 Harley Davidson Softail Breakout CVO/ 110ci of potato-potato goodness
    2016 Ducati Xdiavel/ A street demon with a belt and forward controls

Spyder Garage

Wink Best Cleaner Ever

I use a product called Royal Blue on all of my chrome and gloss paints only and found that to work wonders. You have to order it online but one bottle lasts a long time because a little goes a long way. I have found this to be the only thing I trust to protect the chrome rims on my other vehicle but so far it has been great on my F3. Also if you use a product called the absorber to dry your Can-Am, it will save you half the time. It's better than a shammy and better than a microfiber cloth, does not leave behind any lint and you can wring it out and reuse it over and over again. Both of these will save you time and protect your Can-Am. Found both of these after years of disappointment with other products.

Spyder Garage

Bike spirits original. did a quick 10 min spray down on the bike yesterday with this, it's awesome. Can get on Amazon for about 12 a can.
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07CZNBP...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    2017 F3-L Intense red "Wings"
    Spyderpops Spyclops Light
    Tric LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Madstad Windshield
    Phoenix - Wrap My Spyder
    Lamonster Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Rich's Custom Seats
    2017 F3-L , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

For wheels and tires I use Super Clean 4:1 distilled water:super clean. Let dwell for several minutes but don’t let it dry. Never attempt to clean wheels when they are hot. Use a wheel brush on the spokes if you have one, otherwise a dedicated microfiber towel. Use a brush on the tires to get all the Brown off. Rinse thoroughly.

To help making cleaning less arduous, I like to use a paint sealant on the wheels. You will still get the brake dust but it washes off easier, reducing the need to use Super Clean every time. When you use SC reapply the paint sealant to dry wheels. The SC will strip most of the sealant. Others prefer flitz which has bees wax in it but I think I read that Can Am does not recommend metal polish. I can get a little obsessive so I bought the dark version to avoid keeping all the chrome shiney.

For the paint I just tried a new product Hydrosol. It is a ceramic coating rejuvenator and some have bragged about its hydrophobic properties. Don’t yet know how it will work out.

Sorry for the long winded response.
    2018 RT Limited Champagne Dark

Spyder Garage

Default ORIGINAL

20180513_104525.jpg
    BEST stuff i've ever used..... cleans bugs & all....
    get it at CYCLE GEAR, $7.99 per can....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Simple Green and the right tools

Nothing makes wheel cleaning easier like the right tools. I spray on full strength simple green, let it soak while I soap down the rest of the Spyder. Then I take my wheel detailing brushes to the spokes and they come clean every time. I have a larger broad headed one for the tires and rim, and a smaller two pronged one to "floss" between the spokes.

If your wheels are steel or powder coated, you could also use Easy Off oven cleaner. I had some white powder coated rims that were coated with black brake dust and gooey chain lube once. I sprayed on the oven cleaner, let it foam and rinsed it off - completely clean without scrubbing. *BUT* not recommended for polished or painted alloy wheels - it's nasty stuff that will pit and discolor bare metal. Gloves and ventilation a must.
    Last edited by asp125; 07-05-2018 at 05:21 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

I use Merlin's Blood for the wheels. Cleans the rims extremely well and simple to use; spray on, rinse off, buff shine, if you are so inclined.

Spyder Garage

I appreciate all the responses! Checking into Merlin's Blood as it seems to offer the best chance of being a true spray on/rinse off product. NO towels, brushes, scrubbing, bending, or stooping!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags