Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default The Dodge Demon is back: Sort Of!!

https://bgr.com/2018/06/29/dodge-cha...se-date-price/

At least they're saying that the "Redeye" will be much more commonly available!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Nice. Out of my price range now.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have it on good authority that RAM is bringing out a full size SUV on the truck frame. It will sell in 2 variants. A RAM and a Jeep.

The Jeep will be called the Wagoneer and compete with Escalade and Navigator in the 100k space premium full size SUV.

Now the next part is just me dreaming and connecting dots that may not exist but....Trackhawk version of a Jeep Wagoneer? That would be one hell of an american SUV. Ford and Chevy have NOTHING to compete with it and its all parts bin engineering once the SUV comes to be.

I might not be able to help myself. Have actually thought a couple times about a Trackhawk Cherokee already but its just too small to do real work as a truck.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Perhaps an old Suburban with a 454 under the hood?
    This is a fun time of the year: the new iron is being announced, and we all get to talk about what we'd LIKE to see!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Perhaps an old Suburban with a 454 under the hood?
    This is a fun time of the year: the new iron is being announced, and we all get to talk about what we'd LIKE to see!
    For now, my Excursion with a Navistar T444EHT will get me by. 1075lbsft of torque but its moving 8600lbs of heft around. Old school.

Just dreaming about what might be.

On the not so great side, did you know Hyundai is in negotiations to buy FCA? Not sure its really any worse though.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They are??

Spyder Garage

Redeye will be more readily available.

Demon only 3300 were made starting price approx $100 grand for 840 raw hp. Fastest production car made, They were actually made for the track. Had to install roll cage to be nhra certified foe speed and time in 1/4 mile

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I remember the race track story...
    When they ran quarter-mile time of under 9.6 seconds: the NHRA banned them from competition!

They were running too fast; to not have a roll-cage!

Talk about letting somebody else write your ad campaign!!

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

price & horsepower of performance and suv's are out of control. i may drive fast but i don't see the need to peel out
    or race someone whose penis is smaller then his gas mileage.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wait a minute: don't you sell tires??

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Nice, but for there is a dealership up north that is selling a 800 (at the crank) hp version of the mustang for $40k. They had a 700 hp version for about as long as the new 5.0 has been out. I would like to have one, but my money manager (wife) would not understand.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I didn't realize that the original "PonyCar"; had developed Clydesdale horsepower!
    Tell us more!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    price & horsepower of performance and suv's are out of control. i may drive fast but i don't see the need to peel out
    or race someone whose penis is smaller then his gas mileage.

Not to worry, Kia still makes the Sol for folks like you. And I hear that Chevy is putting a 4 cylinder in the full size pickup this year, oh yah!

Some of us like real trucks with cahones under the hood. Not out of control at all. Well there are indeed some drivers that cannot control that level of performance but Darwin usually steps in and takes care of those in short order. I have owned a long line of very fast performance vehicles over the years and enjoyed every one of them. Usually when no one is watching. IE in my case the performance is very personal, not for showing off at all. The styling and badges are enough for that.

20180701_134114.jpg
    Last edited by jcthorne; 07-02-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Not to worry, Kia still makes the Sol for folks like you. And I hear that Chevy is putting a 4 cylinder in the full size pickup this year, oh yah!

Some of us like real trucks with cahones under the hood. Not out of control at all. Well there are indeed some drivers that cannot control that level of performance but Darwin usually steps in and takes care of those in short order. I have owned a long line of very fast performance vehicles over the years and enjoyed every one of them. Usually when no one is watching. IE in my case the performance is very personal, not for showing off at all. The styling and badges are enough for that.

20180701_134114.jpg
    i have no problem with speed, but how often do you kick it to 140mph or more? what was wrong the 1969 corvette or a firebird trans am gta in the mid 80's? i would think that 400 hp would be great so what changed that you need 700+ hp. how many here cruise on their at 100mph though i have KICKED IT above that but never cruised and never pushed it all the way.
    With gas around $4/gallon for regular & well above for super i am just not into it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Al,
    Did you ever drive a 1970 Chevelle SS, that had over 500 horsepower under your right foot?
    I have: it ain't pretty!
    The new breed of horsepower can actually turn: in addition to going straight ahead!

Spyder Garage

Al,
    Did you ever drive a 1970 Chevelle SS, that had over 500 horsepower under your right foot?
    I have: it ain't pretty!
    The new breed of horsepower can actually turn: in addition to going straight ahead!
    Yeah but I sure wish I had a 70 Chevelle SS..!!
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Me to0...
    It was a friend's car. He took an SS 396, and had it professionally built to just about 530 horsepower...
    But it handled like a 300 pound hooker in a featherbed!

Spyder Garage

Me to0...
    It was a friend's car. He took an SS 396, and had it professionally built to just about 530 horsepower...
    ill bet your friend wishes he still had that car as well ..!!
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Spyder Garage

3 weeks ago @ obi someone took their 1960's gto and put it in the guard rail on the robert moses causeway bridge, last year we had a 2017 vette that peeled out when leaving and went into the guard rail on ocean pkwy. didn't effect my insurance so i am ok with it.
    i suppose it's like the guy with the rice rocket who is being scraped up off the road on i95 every week or the harley guy
    who actually believes loud pipes save lives, not helmets & jackets.
    if i wanted to race i would probably go to one of the track events or places that rent the car & track and let you open up.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dmetcalf View Post
    ill bet your friend wishes he still had that car as well ..!!
    Oh... he still does! I got to drive it last Summer!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    3 weeks ago @ obi someone took their 1960's gto and put it in the guard rail on the robert moses causeway bridge, last year we had a 2017 vette that peeled out when leaving and went into the guard rail on ocean pkwy. didn't effect my insurance so i am ok with it.
    p.
    Don't think for even a split second that it doesn't affect your rates: it absolutely does!

Spyder Garage

Me to0...
    Back then when I was much younger I worked part-time at White's Auto and we had put new tires on a guy's SS and they had me deliver it to his house about 10 miles away. I had never driven anything larger than our family car, a Dodge 440 with the stock 318 engine. Anyway, this SS had way too much torque and was stupid fast and the speed limit on the road was only 45 with quite a few stop lights. I wound up keeping my foot off the gas, just letting the clutch out and running through the gears until I got to about 45 mph. All at idle! Too many cops in this town and I didn't want to put this guy's car into a guard rail...
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Spyder Garage

Don't think for even a split second that it doesn't affect your rates: it absolutely does!
    OK, so if it does affect me then i don't want you doing it unless you pay me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Nice, but for there is a dealership up north that is selling a 800 (at the crank) hp version of the mustang for $40k. They had a 700 hp version for about as long as the new 5.0 has been out. I would like to have one, but my money manager (wife) would not understand.
    Its a bolt on Roush supercharger kit installed by the dealer. First, they have already been sued by several purchasers that dynoed WELL below the advertised HP, its not even close. Second, the car has zero Ford warranty. I will not touch an aftermarket conversion again. Ford really needs to get its collective act together and build a performance engine. That over boosted V6 is not cutting it.

The ecoboost 3.5 in my wife's explorer is 'adequate' but nothing exciting. In an Expedition, well, its lack luster at best. The Raptor version is not much better when placed in the Navigator. Ford NEEDS a decent twin turbo V8. Both for performance and for the larger trucks.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Its a bolt on Roush supercharger kit installed by the dealer. First, they have already been sued by several purchasers that dynoed WELL below the advertised HP, its not even close. Second, the car has zero Ford warranty. I will not touch an aftermarket conversion again. Ford really needs to get its collective act together and build a performance engine. That over boosted V6 is not cutting it.

The ecoboost 3.5 in my wife's explorer is 'adequate' but nothing exciting. In an Expedition, well, its lack luster at best. The Raptor version is not much better when placed in the Navigator. Ford NEEDS a decent twin turbo V8. Both for performance and for the larger trucks.
    That is good to know. For me, I am just considering picking up a nice, slightly used 5.0 and doing a S/C and a few other upgrades. Not looking to get crazy horsepower, just somewhere in the 600 rwhp range. That is easily doable with the new 5.0. I miss my 03 terminator vert, and wish I had it back. It was not the most powerful car, but fun to drive. And a little over 430 rwhp was nothing to laugh at.
    As for ford being sued for not producing the advertised hp, I had a friend that sued Saleen for not producing the hp they advertised on their Saleen Extreme back in the 2000 years (not sure which year). He even gave into account the drivetrain loss, and it was still way off. He owned a few, along with a Ford GT.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white