Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2018 RTL music feature

Just noticed that when playing music from the smartphone you get the album cover behind the song. Don't seem to notice it in the day time but coming home tonight I saw it. Will have to watch for it more.

fullsizeoutput_bcb.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are you using Spotify; or some other App?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I can only use BRP Connect and the apps it has. One is the built-in music which is iTunes which is what’s playing. There was an app called Dash which is a radio of sorts but it disappeared. I’d like satellite radio but it’s not available yet.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Hmmm...I don't think I've seen that when using BRP Connect on my Spyder. Are you running firmware version 12.2? Isn't that the latest? Pretty sure that's what I have as well.

Thanks!

Richard

2018 RT Limited
    Can-Am Driver Backrest
    Tricled Wide-Vu mirrors
    Spyderpops grips
    FOBO TPMS
    Lamonster Spyder Cuff
    Ram mount w/ X-Grip

Spyder Garage

Has anyone noticed that the 2018 spyders bluetooth music doesn't seem as loud as lets say a 2015? We had both side by side and there was a noteable difference; same phone tried on each machine and every volume option even on the phone maxed out.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I noticed that as well...
    But I just figured that I was going deaf from all those years of REALLY loud music!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am running the latest 12.2 version on the bike. I have the phone set that if there is an app update it does it automatically and I have BRP Connect 2.7.5.2.

Dont listen ten to phone music much through the speakers, mostly in the headset. Check to make sure the phone volume is up. Then there is the headset volume as well as the bike volume. I find the auto volume control only works with the FM and outside speakers. Wish it worked with the headset too.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    I am running the latest 12.2 version on the bike. I have the phone set that if there is an app update it does it automatically and I have BRP Connect 2.7.5.2.

Dont listen ten to phone music much through the speakers, mostly in the headset. Check to make sure the phone volume is up. Then there is the headset volume as well as the bike volume. I find the auto volume control only works with the FM and outside speakers. Wish it worked with the headset too.
    EVERYTHING is maxed out, tested with auto volume OFF & ON.... I myself use my headet & bluetooth MP3 player and Sena SMH5 for music but my buddy exclusively uses his external bike speakers. Just seems odd that the new ones don't seem to have the jam the older units do... we fiddled with the equalizer and such too but just couldn't get it louder. Think I'll dust off the decibel meter tomorrow and try a 2018 and 2015 side by side again... lt could be just in our noodles...
    Last edited by gmctech; 06-30-2018 at 02:36 AM.

Spyder Garage

So yesterday I noticed that my dash displays the album cover art as well. In the same audio screen, in BRP connect, that Flamewinger has in the picture above. Can't see it when outside, but in the garage I can.
    So that feature works with an android phone too.
    Last edited by billybovine; 07-02-2018 at 08:16 AM.

2018 F3 LIMITED