Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Cat delete - RLS exhaust

Guys, guess who was playing with upgrades and recording videos??? RLS is on TheBeast and here is SOUND and PERFORMANCE test
    unboxing and also Mounting with few "tips"
    Tons of work done, and I have not said the last word yet...

Spyder Garage

You da man Martin !! I like the RLS + stock muffler best

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I like the RLS with the akrapovic....if you notice there's no loss of torque power in 3rd gear with the RLS....I'm glad you're running it WITHOUT the added baffle...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    You da man Martin !! I like the RLS + stock muffler best
    Its nice combo. Not too loud not too silent. just right in middle

Spyder Garage

will it hurt?

2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

I'm with Martin, I run the RLS with the stock exhaust and no Baffler on my 2015 F3S and love it, my butt dyno noticed no decrease in performance and my mpg went up. Little video going through the tunnels on Angeles Crest Hwy.

https://youtu.be/TdPIU9UdhI0
    2015 F3 S , Silver and orange

Spyder Garage

I'm running the Exact same setup.. Akrapovic Sinister..RLS cat delete no baffle...and a Stage II remap...it sounds great.. a nice rich agressive sound...and the horse power to match.

Spyder Garage

For those who have stuck with the stock muffler, and just did the cat delete, do you notice more exhaust fumes? I ask, because I tried this scenario and my wife and I both noticed more fumes. I sold the delete pipe, put the cat back on, and then went with an RLS Punisher. Really like the sound now. Just curious what you've experienced with the delete pipe.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Yes I did note that issue and not sure why. All connections are tight and seems to seal. No Idea why

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Kept the cat and replaced that gawd awful looking/sounding original muffler with a Two Brothers Racing S1R slip-on.

LOVE the looks and sound.

Thought about the cat delete, but went the easy way out and ended up with results I’m happy with.
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    For those who have stuck with the stock muffler, and just did the cat delete, do you notice more exhaust fumes? I ask, because I tried this scenario and my wife and I both noticed more fumes. I sold the delete pipe, put the cat back on, and then went with an RLS Punisher. Really like the sound now. Just curious what you've experienced with the delete pipe.
    Yes, we've had the same experience. Stock muffler, RLS cat delete, Monster stg 1. Smell the fumes at times around town. Wondering if the RLS substrate baffle would clean up the exhaust at the expense of performance? Haven't tried it yet, because I'm not too keen on drilling a mounting hole in the pipe for mounting.

Spyder Garage

OK....so we weren't crazy when we thought we smelled the exhaust fumes with the delete pipe on. I really wanna go back to the delete pipe for all the given reasons, but I don't wanna deal with the extra fumes. Maybe if RLS or Lamonster figure out how to eliminate the fumes, I'll jump back on the bandwagon. For now, we really like the sound of the RLS muffler and stock cat pipe.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I was at Ricky's house today getting a new RLS Exaust. Love it! Since Martin did his video, Ricky has been very busy.
    The subject of Martins video came up and I made a comment that all the comparisons and none had the RLS cat delete with one of his Slip ons. He was very impressed with the video so don't be surprised if a Twin Kaos doesn't show up on your doorstep Martin. Just saying, You may have to redo your video soon.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jblk9695 View Post
    I'm with Martin, I run the RLS with the stock exhaust and no Baffler on my 2015 F3S and love it, my butt dyno noticed no decrease in performance and my mpg went up. Little video going through the tunnels on Angeles Crest Hwy.

https://youtu.be/TdPIU9UdhI0
    uuuuuu... yeeeeah nice video

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I was at Ricky's house today getting a new RLS Exaust. Love it! Since Martin did his video, Ricky has been very busy.
    The subject of Martins video came up and I made a comment that all the comparisons and none had the RLS cat delete with one of his Slip ons. He was very impressed with the video so don't be surprised if a Twin Kaos doesn't show up on your doorstep Martin. Just saying, You may have to redo your video soon.
    hehehehe, i am happy for Ricky. what i have found out, that works the best is to be honest in your videos. I dont play games, I will not make a good video review about you just because you give me something for free. From Ricky I have bought the cat delete, coz he had explain me the situation of his smaller shop. so I am supper happy that good solution is visible now!!!
    plus he owns me a beer for every one cat delete he sells because of my video - i am not sure he knows about this condition, but... maybe you can tell him

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    will it hurt?

))))

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    I have a Baldwin cat delete, and yup, I too also get the occasional fuel smell. Just think it's the nature of the beast when eliminating the cat

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue