Spyder Garage

Default Helmet hangers on 2018 RT and others SUCK!!!!!!!!!

Just purchased a new 2018 RT and love it. BUT there are a few things......

You know as I found out the helmet hangers on the RT and others I guess are a joke. Cheap plastic and you have to hang your helmet over the side causing wear marks.
    I came up with something free/cheap and easy and does a great job.
    Go to your local sheriff office or police department and ask for one of the gun/pistol locks. They gladly give them to you.
    Put a piece of tubing over the cable, cut it a bit short and put a piece of shrink wrap over that, heat and you are good to go.
    Got a bluetooth on the helmet? Just put on the down side. Can't see it and should be good to go.........

Keep the rubber down20180628_165833.jpg20180628_165844.jpg20180628_165921.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Well done....

Very nice job. Between you and the police department you have a great solution. Just as long as you don't mention it's use it's free.... like car tires no sale
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

My '76 Honda CB 750 Super Sport had better helmet hangers than my RT does. It never broke down, was easy to work on, did not have a computer, and was a blast to ride. All this for about $2,500.00
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Better yet....

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Very nice job. Between you and the police department you have a great solution. Just as long as you don't mention it's use it's free.... like car tires no sale
    I got to thinking that if you get two of them you can "daisy chain" them together for two helmets and use both back grab bars. Or might take three but if you visit enough of your local police departments you can get all you need...... That's of course if your picture isn't on their wall........

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ride2GetHigh View Post
    I got to thinking that if you get two of them you can "daisy chain" them together for two helmets and use both back grab bars. Or might take three but if you visit enough of your local police departments you can get all you need...... That's of course if your picture isn't on their wall........
    I'm from Utah. They would never believe I had that many guns that needed locks ....
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default That was good....

I had to lie when I got the cable from the sheriff that I was using it for a pistol. I don't own any guns. Guess I need to move to Utah......
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I'm from Utah. They would never believe I had that many guns that needed locks ....

Spyder Garage

FWIW I usually just put my helmet in the frunk (only place where it fits due to my giant noggin). My wife's helmet fits in one of the side compartments. Never have used the helmet hooks under the seat.

Richard

2018 RT Limited
    Can-Am Driver Backrest
    Tricled Wide-Vu mirrors
    Spyderpops grips
    FOBO TPMS
    Lamonster Spyder Cuff
    Ram mount w/ X-Grip

Spyder Garage

Default Not when traveling....

Quote Originally Posted by RichardRubin View Post
    FWIW I usually just put my helmet in the frunk (only place where it fits due to my giant noggin). My wife's helmet fits in one of the side compartments. Never have used the helmet hooks under the seat.
    Richard
    My helmet will fit in the frunk also but not when I have groceries or other stuff in there. And mine won't come close to fitting in the side bags.
    It's all good......

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lidlox!