Spyder Garage

Default Turn signals as running lights

Hello all,

Just finished upgrading my bike in a huge way. I'm looking for wiring to keep the turn signals constantly on and flash when turning. I've seen the wiring for some models but not for the F3. Does anyone know of a way to wire the turn lights to act as running lights on the F3

Thanks!
    Robert
    2022 Spyder RT SEA-TO-SKY Mystery Blue... (bought new May 2023, a work in progress...)

2015 Can-Am Red F3-S, SE6
    CalSci shield, Elka stage 5 rear shock, stage 4 front shocks, Akrapovic silencer, BajaRon Bar, Roadster Renovations vibration dampener, Tricled LED headlights and auxiliary lights, driver floorboard, driver and passenger backrests, Tricled Safety Led package, Shad BRP/SH36 side cases, Baker built luggage rack, Tricled Rear run/brake/turn signal led, Tricled LED piezo brake bullet strobe, JDM Astar LED bulbs for rear and front lights, Airhawk seat pad, USB power outlet

Spyder Garage

Default You need a blinker module

Quote Originally Posted by RPM View Post
    Hello all,

Just finished upgrading my bike in a huge way. I'm looking for wiring to keep the turn signals constantly on and flash when turning. I've seen the wiring for some models but not for the F3. Does anyone know of a way to wire the turn lights to act as running lights on the F3

Thanks!
    Robert
    It can be done. You need a product called "Blinker Module for Spyder FenderZ" from Tricled.com .
    Here is the web link :
    https://www.tricledusa.com/product-p...yder-fenderz-1

The Blinker module is a three wire input ( Running light, turn signal and ground ) with a two wire output to the mirror.

Any questions PM me.

Spyder Garage

Or you can use this https://smile.amazon.com/Pack-EPAuto...vdc+auto+relay

I wired up my fender lights to also be turn signals, but its the same idea. relay0001.jpg

Sorry for the poor schematic.

reley.jpg

Here is the "make fender lights turn signals"'

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are you talking about the front turn signals on the back of the mirrors? I haven’t seen those made into running lights. Doc is referring to changing your fender refkectirs into running lights then using the turn signal module to make them operate as turns also. Www.tricledusa.com has everything you need. There is a link in my signature block.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Are you talking about the front turn signals on the back of the mirrors? I haven’t seen those made into running lights. Doc is referring to changing your fender refkectirs into running lights then using the turn signal module to make them operate as turns also. Www.tricledusa.com has everything you need. There is a link in my signature block.
    & Custom Dynamic has a triple play will work for the rear.
    https://www.customdynamics.com/unive...ay-unit?cat=60
    not sure what would get the front blinkers to work as run & as long as you have the fender running lights, you should not have an issue

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Yes, I'm talking about the lights that are on the back of the mirrors. Is this still possible to do? I do have several lights from Tricled but I didn't see any wiring to make those lamps running lights...
    2022 Spyder RT SEA-TO-SKY Mystery Blue... (bought new May 2023, a work in progress...)

2015 Can-Am Red F3-S, SE6
    CalSci shield, Elka stage 5 rear shock, stage 4 front shocks, Akrapovic silencer, BajaRon Bar, Roadster Renovations vibration dampener, Tricled LED headlights and auxiliary lights, driver floorboard, driver and passenger backrests, Tricled Safety Led package, Shad BRP/SH36 side cases, Baker built luggage rack, Tricled Rear run/brake/turn signal led, Tricled LED piezo brake bullet strobe, JDM Astar LED bulbs for rear and front lights, Airhawk seat pad, USB power outlet

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RPM View Post
    Yes, I'm talking about the lights that are on the back of the mirrors. Is this still possible to do? I do have several lights from Tricled but I didn't see any wiring to make those lamps running lights...
    Yes it is easy to do and I was referring to the mirrors . I like the relay idea Bill mentioned. It is the cheapest way to go. Only issue could be hyper flash. I'm going to try it on my 2014 RTS mirrors tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

Couldn't this be done with two simple blocking diodes and a resistor? Pick up 12v from a keyed line and run it through a resistor to drop a little voltage, through a blocking diode then to the turn lamp. Run the turn signal line through another blocking diode to the lamp. I am running the same setup for a tailgate led strip I added to my truck for brake and running. The supply through the resistor has a lower voltage so the bulb isn't at full strength for illumination. The blocking diodes keep the voltage from back feeding when applying the brakes and vise versa for the keyed line.
    Attached Images Attached Images