Spyder Garage

Default Maximum Power Sports, Peru Indiana

I just got off the phone with the service dept. at Maximum Power Sports. We have two 2019 F3 spyders and they are coming up for their 3,000 mile service. I jokingly asked the guy if he could schedule the service for a day with a 85 deg and sunny forecast. He actually went to a 15 day forecast to try to do that and suggested a date that was as close to that forecast as he could.

That attitude is why we ride 100 miles (each way) to get our service done there. Every person we have met there has that positive attitude.

Spyder Garage

Always good to hear about dealers that go out of their way for customers.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I agree!! I drive 70 miles to have my service work done there. Great people to deal with and their Spyder tech. is top notch.
    My new ride is a 2017 F3-L: BRP drivers backrest, F4 21" tinted shield w/vent, Lamonster fog lights, TRCLED cyclops light, red/black carbon fiber tank protector and dash kit from Wrap-My-Spyder, FOBO tire pressure monitors and more farkles to come.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Personally, I thought they sucked. I'm glad to hear they've changed their evil ways.

Back in 2013, I bought a new (holdover) 2012 Victory Vision (they used to be a Victory dealer although they kept them hidden away in the back room...they kept the Yamahas up front). I asked them to make sure the new Vision was carefully inspected before I took possession as this was my 1st new bike purchase and I wanted the experience to be perfect. I also asked if they would pick me up as I lived alone (about 5 miles away on Grissom ARB). The salesman said he'd be happy to pick me up for a fee. I told him I wasn't interested. (Seriously? I'm about to give you $25k and you can't drive 10 miles round trip to seal the deal?) They finally gave in when I told them I'd go to the next nearest dealer about 40 miles north. When I got to the dealership, there were all kinds of things wrong with the bike like bolts missing from the windscreen, loose drive belt and a missing piece of tupperware. They grumbled when I told them I wasn't going to take possession until they fixed those things. After about an hour they fixed the things, I started up the bike (1 mile on the odometer!) and realized it was almost out of gas. I asked them to top off the tank. Nope. How about put a gallon in so I could make it to the gas station. Sure for their normal fee of $5/gal. Whatever. Then I asked for a quick demo of the "important items" like how to access the gas tank. Nobody had any idea. So how did they put the $5 gallon of gas in? Who knows.

I was supposed to get $500 in free Victory merchandise as part of a Victory (NOT dealership) deal. I picked out what I wanted (just under $500). They had about 1/2 of the items in stock. After a couple of weeks, I asked if they had gotten the other items in. They said, we did but we sold them. You really only get 1/2 of that.

About a week later, I noticed the drive belt was out of alignment and rubbing on the rear sprocket so I took it back in to have them fix that. They tried to charge me a hours labor. I didn't pay. This was something they should have checked before I took delivery. (They bike was whining from day 1.) While it was on the lift, they dropped it (about a foot) and took a small chunk out of one of the saddlebag doors. They didn't mention it but maybe they missed it? I told them about it before I left the lot. They said, oh yeah. We forgot about that. Seriously? They never did fix the thing.

I'm glad you got good service from them but if I were to ever move back up there and they were the only motorcycle dealer in the country, I'd quit riding. As far as I'm concerned, they're criminals.

Spyder Garage

As an owner of both a Victory Vision and a Spyder - I can say that many "Victory" Dealers were a) mom and pop small or b) a different brand dealer first and Victory was an "ah okay" moment for them. Sorry to hear about your terrible experience Monk. Not trying to justify it at all - but I can say somewhere back several years ago it changed from Max Pitts Yamaha and Suzuki to Maximum Power Sports. I was never up there as Max Pitts for Service but my Yamaha buddies at the time raved about the place a lot. As a Spyder Dealer - they've been amazing to work with - and living on the Southside of Indianapolis, the few times I've let a dealer touch my rides - It's been to take a Spyder to Maximum Power Sports. As a Spyder Dealer/Service Center - they are amazing.

I do all my own work as much as I can - but some things just require BUDS - and for that - we'll trek north Maximum if needed. I will say though Dreyer is up and coming in the Spyder Market - and the Supporting Dealer of the Brickyard Chapter of US Spyder Ryders. I would support them as well - but would honestly prefer Maximum if/when I am forced to use a dealer - just from their years of experience and my experience with them.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

I ride about 70 miles each way to use them too. Nothing but good things to say about their service department. I am closer to Flat Out in Indy, but they are not as flexible and their hourly charge was a lot higher than Maximum.

Spyder Garage

I like this dealer also - I drive from Bloomington to Peru when I need dealer service. I drive past 2 other dealers to get to Peru - just because they come highly recommended and their rates and workmanship were good for me.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    As an owner of both a Victory Vision and a Spyder - I can say that many "Victory" Dealers were a) mom and pop small or b) a different brand dealer first and Victory was an "ah okay" moment for them. Sorry to hear about your terrible experience Monk. Not trying to justify it at all - but I can say somewhere back several years ago it changed from Max Pitts Yamaha and Suzuki to Maximum Power Sports. I was never up there as Max Pitts for Service but my Yamaha buddies at the time raved about the place a lot. As a Spyder Dealer - they've been amazing to work with - and living on the Southside of Indianapolis, the few times I've let a dealer touch my rides - It's been to take a Spyder to Maximum Power Sports. As a Spyder Dealer/Service Center - they are amazing.

I do all my own work as much as I can - but some things just require BUDS - and for that - we'll trek north Maximum if needed. I will say though Dreyer is up and coming in the Spyder Market - and the Supporting Dealer of the Brickyard Chapter of US Spyder Ryders. I would support them as well - but would honestly prefer Maximum if/when I am forced to use a dealer - just from their years of experience and my experience with them.
    I lived in that general area most of my life up until about 3 years ago when I moved down here to NC. (I grew up in N. Manchester and lived in Wabash and Peru proper before moving to Grissom.) Back when it was Max Pitts, it was a good all around dealership but when Max retired, his son (SIL?) took over and ran it into the ground. Almost everyone who worked there got a big head and thought their poo didn't stink. I went in there just after they changed the name to Maximum looking for a used bike. They sure looked down their noses at me. They suggested I try Clown Town (back when it was out in the woods).

I'm glad they've changed to a better dealership. I really am. They're in a good location so they should use that to their advantage. Wabash, Peru, Kokomo, Warsaw are all within spitting distance of it. Actually, now that I think about it, I test rode my 1st Spyder there. Can Am was having test ride days (or whatever they call it). This would have been in 2014, I suppose. It wasn't great weather (just a bit of rain, or so I thought...more on that in a minute) but I rode the Vision up there just to see what all the hub bub was about. Just as I left the dealership on an RTL, it started raining. Oh, crap, thinks I. I'll be all over the road. I turned into town (past the Best Western). Rode through town to Main Street, turned left and up to 24 then back around to 31 and down to Maximum. About the time I got to almost to 24, it started HAILING. About pea sized hail. I'm thinking, I'm totally hosed now. Nobody in their right mind rides in hail. I'll end up with an unintended dismount for sure. hehe Rode in the crap all the way back and the Spyder was as sure footed as anything. Never slipped once. Had I been able to afford it, I would have traded my Vision in on one then and there. Been drooling over Can Ams ever since.

Sorry to ramble. I'm cooped up in my house and have nobody to talk to.

HAGO!

Spyder Garage

OK, more rambling... we are cooped up too. There is a dealer about 15 miles away that we went to first when we decided to buy the Spyders. Both my wife and I went there to look for other things years ago and were totally ignored as we walked around the showroom. BTW, this was a few years before we met and we went at different times. A few years ago Indian had a "demo ride day" and both my wife and I went to that together. The change in the dealership was remarkable. We were greeted and told if we had any questions just ask. No pushy sales people. We went back there and test rode the RT. Neither of us fit it very well and asked if they has an F3 we could ride. The sales lady said they didn't have any in stock but said she could get one in and would call us in a week. Two weeks later we gave up and went to Maximum. We both bought new F3 Spyders.
    Stay healthy all
    P.S. I have a Victory Vision Tour also.
    Last edited by squid841; 04-16-2020 at 01:49 PM. Reason: added content

Spyder Garage

Woot woot! Give it up for all the Visions in the house! Sorry - maybe a little slap happy.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I went to Turn One in Plymouth a few times after I bought my Vision. Wish I'd bought from them. I didn't realize until now that Andy retired a couple of years ago and they're no longer in business. Too bad.

FWIW, it seems there are a few of us who have transitioned from Victory Visions to Can Am Spyders. Interesting.