Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spyder Garage

Yo Peoples, looking for advise and experience, looking to haul 2 RT Limited in an enclosed trailer, need information on size needed for 2 bikes,
    aluminum probable would be best due to the size needed, suggestions on reasonably priced brands that travel & wear well,
    also that would load easily with the low clearance of said machines
    thanks for all your help

Spyder Garage

I looked at the Continental Cargo enclosed in Richmond VA but the opening was not big enough by 1”, so I must be looking at a different one than you bought.
    2020 Limited , Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

After buying a Spyder this week and doing a lot of measuring I realized that my utility trailer just isn't going to be wide enough. Found a Bear Track trailer yesterday in Port Charlotte. Very much like the Aluma. Pics on this thread helped.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by will View Post
    I looked at the Continental Cargo enclosed in Richmond VA but the opening was not big enough by 1”, so I must be looking at a different one than you bought.
    Mine is 6’ by 12’. Is the 2020 Spyder wider than the 17?
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Does the RT load onto the Aluma MC210 without any scraping? Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Yes, the ramp on the MC210 is long enough there is no scraping.
    2016 F3-T , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

has anyone used an Endeavor from USA trailers. If so what your opinion?
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

2020 Rock Solid Cargo 7x16TA – 3500

I had an enclosed trailer custom-built from Southern trailer Depot down in Douglas Georgia.
    This is the second one that I have had built down there and went down and picked it up.
    It was 7 x 16 with a lot of extra stuff -torsion Spring axles with brakes on both Extended tongue
    E-Track in the floor- Extra LEDs, etc. it was $5,500.00

Only issue I had when I picked it up. It wasn't supposed to be any orange on it. It was supposed
    to be black all the way to the top. They gave me a small discount because of it or they would rebuild
    me another one. But after a 12 hour ride I took like it was. I sorta got used to the orange color.

I know that's a lot for trailer but it's also where I put it that in the wintertime so it can be out of
    the way and protected.

You can get a custom-built trailer down there a lot cheaper than what I paid and better than
    picking it up off of a trailer lot and get what you want on it. They will deliver or meet you
    partially somewhere if your long ways away for price.

There's a lot of trailer manufacturers down in that area. Be careful if you get one from someone else
    check with the Better Business Bureau. Some of them are not built so well.

Nexus

20200622_172929 (1).jpg

20200622_171651 (1).jpg

20200622_171621 (1).jpg

20200622_171748 (1).jpg 20200622_172022 (2).jpg 20200622_172026 (1).jpg

Spyder Garage

Default Please advise the making of the front rams.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderJerry View Post
    I purchased an Aluma 638 trailer this year. I made wheel chocks that I drive onto to lift fruck over the frontg of the trailer bed and gives clearance to not bounce on it. It is 63 inches by 8 foot bed. It weighs 390 and cost a little over $1600 with spare tire. I pull it with my Ford Edge and you hardly know its back there.
    Please advise how you made the front rams.

Spyder Garage

These towing pictures look cool.

Spyder Garage

ironhorse i have one for sale it is listed on this site

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ibuycars View Post
    ironhorse i have one for sale it is listed on this site
    Am I missing something?? Was there a post from ironhorse anywhere in this thread?? Or is that someone's username from another site that you just happen to know?!?

Sorry, but inquiring minds (well, one inquiring mind anyway! ) want to know?!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Am I missing something??
    I just looked up his post in the for sale forum and found that he (ibuycars) has an Ironhorse trailer for sale.
    HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

Just go buy you a utility trailer that is 6 feet wide and at least 10 feet long with a gate on the back. You can get one for around $1200, and then get you four short (12") 2x6 boards and put them in front of your gate when loading and unloading , so the pieces of wood will raise up the Spyder as you approach the gate to lift up your front end so it will not hit the gate! Now put you some tie down brackets less than $35.00 on your trailer and tie it down front and rear! Now for about $1250 dollars, you can go across the US or anywhere you want to!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    Just go buy you a utility trailer that is 6 feet wide and at least 10 feet long with a gate on the back. You can get one for around $1200, and then get you four short (12") 2x6 boards and put them in front of your gate when loading and unloading , so the pieces of wood will raise up the Spyder as you approach the gate to lift up your front end so it will not hit the gate! Now put you some tie down brackets less than $35.00 on your trailer and tie it down front and rear! Now for about $1250 dollars, you can go across the US or anywhere you want to!
    6' with 1" to spare on each side?? No thanks! I'll go with a 7' & don't have to worry about scraping sidewalls & fenders.......

Spyder Garage

I have never scraped a fender using the 6 ft. wide trailer and I am 76 years old, but each to his own! So if you feel you need a 7 ft wide trailer get one, I think going to 12 ft long would be an advantage! Remember, the lower to the ground on your trailer is an advantage also! You still should be under $1500 dollars, and you can use the trailer for so many other things like hauling your lawn mower, etc.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderman2018 View Post
    6' with 1" to spare on each side?? No thanks! I'll go with a 7' & don't have to worry about scraping sidewalls & fenders.......
    What Spyder do you have that is 70" wide? I have heard that the '20/'21 models are a bit larger, but I just check the spec sheets and found that they are roughly the same width as my wife's '17 RT-S, at just under 62", but are about 6" longer.

We rented a 6x12 U-Haul trailer to bring her bike home. Except for the ramps that we had to provide, there were absolutely NO problems with the trailer.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

USA Trailers in SC sells them but they are currently out of stock. Good Luck
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

I just purchased a Klinger Trailer to tow behind my RV and will pick the trailer up in April. It uses a battery to drop the floor to the ground for loading. This father son business custom build each trailer based on what you need to haul. In my case I am having it powder coated bright yellow so that it can be seen behind my RV.

https://www.klingertrailer.com/
    2020 Limited , Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

This Primo aluminum 6x10 trailer for $2550 looks pretty nice. Weighs in at 525 lbs.

Add the Spyder and our 2020 Ford Edge ST 2.7L twin turbo should tow it fine.

https://primotrailer.com/utility-trailers/ut6x10-std/
    SPECIFICATIONS:
    Deck Length: 10′
    Deck Width: 6′
    Solid side height: None
    Rail height: 12”
    G.V.W.R: 2990LBS
    Suspension: Torsion Axle
    Tires: ST205/75R15 DOT
    Coupler Rating: 2″ 3,500lbs
    Net Payload: 2465lbs
    Wheels; 15″ – 5 Lug Bolt Pattern
    Enclosed L.E.D Lighting System: DOT Approved
    Frame: 3″x3″ Tube Framing
    Chrome Lug Nuts
    Stainless Safety Chains: 24″
    Stainless Steel Hardware

https://www.trailersourceutah.com/pr...lity-jqri.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by gg194 View Post
    After buying a Spyder this week and doing a lot of measuring I realized that my utility trailer just isn't going to be wide enough. Found a Bear Track trailer yesterday in Port Charlotte. Very much like the Aluma. Pics on this thread helped.
    I am also looking at the Bear Track 65 inch wide x 10 ft long trailer. It looks like it would work for my 2020 RT. The bed is supposed to be only 14 inches from the ground and it has a nice size biFold full width ramp in the back. Its all aluminum and has a torsion suspension with 13 inch tires and a 2200 pound axles. Local dealer has a couple in stock and when snow melts I am going to run down and check it out . Dealer website lists the price at $2351 which doesn't sound too bad for a multi purpose utility trailer. They also have rock shield available, but not sure what the adder is. Is anyone else using the BearTrack BTU65120?
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

How much did you need to “lift” the front? And would the F3 be the same?