I'm looking to buy a trailer to haul my 2017 Spyder RT and had more-or-less settled on the "Ultimate" trailer because I planned on storing the Spyder on the trailer inside my garage, as they describe on their web site. The trailer uses an air suspension that can be raised up or lowered to the floor. You put the trailer in your garage with the back facing the garage door, then lower the deck to the floor and park the Spyder on it. This minimizes the space needed for both Spyder and trailer, which is pretty important to me. When you want to trailer the Spyder, you move the Spyder out, use an air pump to raise the deck again, move the trailer out and attach to the tow vehicle, lower the floor to load the Spyder on it again, raise it up, and go.

The problem with their trailer is the width. Their web site refers to their Spyder trailer as the OHT3 model and that's what they used for their quote. Thankfully I asked the dimensions before I committed to buy, because the overall width of the OHT3 is 101". It wouldn't fit through my 8' (96") garage door. So, if you want one of these trailers, make sure it will fit inside your garage door!

When I informed the manufacturer of the issue, they sent me a spec sheet offering an OHT2 trailer that is only 89" wide and thus fits through the garage door. The OHT3 has a bed that's 75" wide whereas the OHT2's bed is only 63" wide. But why isn't the OHT2 their "Spyder" trailer? A Spyder should fit within a 63" bed, shouldn't it? My manual says my Spyder is 61.9" wide, and I measured my Spyder in the garage and my tape measure says it's only 61.0" wide. It's a bit of a squeeze but it ought to work. The Razor trailer is 64" wide, which is hardly any different. So why would the Ultimate people list the 75" OHT3 trailer as their "Spyder" trailer when the OHT2 is the better fit? I'm a bit spooked. Am I missing something? I can't afford a $5000 mistake (includes $1000 shipping). Any thoughts?

Other than the high price and size issue, the only other drawback of the Ultimate trailer that I know of is that it only comes in white gelcoat. If you want it painted, you have to get it done locally.