Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Best Trailer For Hauling Spyder

Ok so for the $$ what is the best and safest trailer for hauling my spyder if and when I need to. I am currently looking at the Stinger Can Am Spyder Trailer.

You can see it here: https://www.redlinestands.com/catalo...trailer-p-2653

I hope it is a good on, because its one im looking at pretty hard. Let me know if there may be a better one for a good price.

Oh and my tow max is 1600 #s, so im limited to a lightweight trailer.

Spyder Garage

Dang, my 6 by 12 Continental Cargo enclosed was $3200.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Enclosed > Open. But since you are limited on tow weight, Kendon offers a Spyder trailer. We had two Kendons in the past for our bikes, and they are quality rigs.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Depends on your needs

If storage space requirements when you are not using the trailer that Redline may be just the ticket. We have plenty of space to storage a trailer and bought an Air Ride back in 2012 when we bought our first Spyder.

http://the-ultimate-trailers.com/can...r-trailer.html

We use it a couple of times a year and find it to be a perfect performer.
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights
    2014 Limited , Silver Playinum Satin

Spyder Garage

The stinger looks nice, and has the advantage of folding up when not in use. But it is a steel trailer so rust may eventually be an issue. Since you are very limited in tow weight, you could also look at an aluminum trailer. I picked up an Aluma this year and had some chocks made for it but otherwise it's stock. Weighs about 625 from the factory and can haul lots of other stuff unlike the stinger. Last week I hauled a new zero turn mower home on it, try that with the stinger. They also make a dedicated trike hauler trailer that fits a spyder. For the flat trailer, it should be cheaper than the stinger by about 500 bucks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Aluma 638

I purchased an Aluma 638 trailer this year. I made wheel chocks that I drive onto to lift fruck over the frontg of the trailer bed and gives clearance to not bounce on it. It is 63 inches by 8 foot bed. It weighs 390 and cost a little over $1600 with spare tire. I pull it with my Ford Edge and you hardly know its back there.20180609_112940.jpg20180609_112946.jpg20180609_112957.jpg
    2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

I looked at the Continental Cargo enclosed in Richmond VA but the opening was not big enough by 1”, so I must be looking at a different one than you bought.
    2020 Limited , Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by will View Post
    I looked at the Continental Cargo enclosed in Richmond VA but the opening was not big enough by 1”, so I must be looking at a different one than you bought.
    Mine is 6’ by 12’. Is the 2020 Spyder wider than the 17?
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Default Lamar 6X10

You have a lot of answers, but here is one more: I have a Lamar 6X10 with custom made front chocks and E-Track (loop around the rear tire) for anchoring the rear tire. I did over 3K miles to/from South Dakota from Tucson. Didn't move a fraction of an inch and didn't have to tighten anything even once. Heavy duty with 15" tires and spare. High quality unit.

I wish I had realized the Aluma 638 would work as I would have seriously looked at it.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Thank You all for your replies, I ended up going with the aluma trailer. So far I love it, and it pulls like a dream.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jbarrett85 View Post
    Thank You all for your replies, I ended up going with the aluma trailer. So far I love it, and it pulls like a dream.
    Good Choice! Those trailers are made just 20 miles from my house and they are very well built. I don't have the spyder anymore but I still have my trailer and I use it quite often. If i ever get another spyder, I'll be set!

I have the 7710 with the front rock guard and the bi-fold rear ramp. The bi-fold is a little longer so it helps with the nose clearance.
    spyder on trailer.jpg
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate Trailer

I'm looking to buy a trailer to haul my 2017 Spyder RT and had more-or-less settled on the "Ultimate" trailer because I planned on storing the Spyder on the trailer inside my garage, as they describe on their web site. The trailer uses an air suspension that can be raised up or lowered to the floor. You put the trailer in your garage with the back facing the garage door, then lower the deck to the floor and park the Spyder on it. This minimizes the space needed for both Spyder and trailer, which is pretty important to me. When you want to trailer the Spyder, you move the Spyder out, use an air pump to raise the deck again, move the trailer out and attach to the tow vehicle, lower the floor to load the Spyder on it again, raise it up, and go.

The problem with their trailer is the width. Their web site refers to their Spyder trailer as the OHT3 model and that's what they used for their quote. Thankfully I asked the dimensions before I committed to buy, because the overall width of the OHT3 is 101". It wouldn't fit through my 8' (96") garage door. So, if you want one of these trailers, make sure it will fit inside your garage door!

When I informed the manufacturer of the issue, they sent me a spec sheet offering an OHT2 trailer that is only 89" wide and thus fits through the garage door. The OHT3 has a bed that's 75" wide whereas the OHT2's bed is only 63" wide. But why isn't the OHT2 their "Spyder" trailer? A Spyder should fit within a 63" bed, shouldn't it? My manual says my Spyder is 61.9" wide, and I measured my Spyder in the garage and my tape measure says it's only 61.0" wide. It's a bit of a squeeze but it ought to work. The Razor trailer is 64" wide, which is hardly any different. So why would the Ultimate people list the 75" OHT3 trailer as their "Spyder" trailer when the OHT2 is the better fit? I'm a bit spooked. Am I missing something? I can't afford a $5000 mistake (includes $1000 shipping). Any thoughts?

Other than the high price and size issue, the only other drawback of the Ultimate trailer that I know of is that it only comes in white gelcoat. If you want it painted, you have to get it done locally.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    I'm looking to buy a trailer to haul my 2017 Spyder RT and had more-or-less settled on the "Ultimate" trailer because I planned on storing the Spyder on the trailer inside my garage, as they describe on their web site. The trailer uses an air suspension that can be raised up or lowered to the floor. You put the trailer in your garage with the back facing the garage door, then lower the deck to the floor and park the Spyder on it. This minimizes the space needed for both Spyder and trailer, which is pretty important to me. When you want to trailer the Spyder, you move the Spyder out, use an air pump to raise the deck again, move the trailer out and attach to the tow vehicle, lower the floor to load the Spyder on it again, raise it up, and go.

The problem with their trailer is the width. Their web site refers to their Spyder trailer as the OHT3 model and that's what they used for their quote. Thankfully I asked the dimensions before I committed to buy, because the overall width of the OHT3 is 101". It wouldn't fit through my 8' (96") garage door. So, if you want one of these trailers, make sure it will fit inside your garage door!

When I informed the manufacturer of the issue, they sent me a spec sheet offering an OHT2 trailer that is only 89" wide and thus fits through the garage door. The OHT3 has a bed that's 75" wide whereas the OHT2's bed is only 63" wide. But why isn't the OHT2 their "Spyder" trailer? A Spyder should fit within a 63" bed, shouldn't it? My manual says my Spyder is 61.9" wide, and I measured my Spyder in the garage and my tape measure says it's only 61.0" wide. It's a bit of a squeeze but it ought to work. The Razor trailer is 64" wide, which is hardly any different. So why would the Ultimate people list the 75" OHT3 trailer as their "Spyder" trailer when the OHT2 is the better fit? I'm a bit spooked. Am I missing something? I can't afford a $5000 mistake (includes $1000 shipping). Any thoughts?

Other than the high price and size issue, the only other drawback of the Ultimate trailer that I know of is that it only comes in white gelcoat. If you want it painted, you have to get it done locally.

63" wide gives you a 1/2" on each side of the front wheels. That is rather tight. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I remember, vaguely, a company that made trailers that the whole bed lowered to the ground and you ride up, tie it down, then raise the bed up and go. Anyone remember the company name?
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Razor is one of them

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Guys, all of these look good! I had a local company make me one. It is 6x10 with a bi-folding rear gate. I had them put 14 inches wheels and tires on it with a under swung axle (3500 lbs) and it works good, with one exception! I have to put some 2x6 inch boards on each side to load and unload it, so the front end doesn't hit the wire mess gate! A 6x12 would give you more room! Also I put E-tracks on each side which makes tie down a lot easier! Sam's Club has some good looking trailers on sale for about $1295, but you would have the same problem of the front end hitting the gate when loading and unloading!

Spyder Garage

Bike and Trailer.jpg Drop tail trailer works great. We went to Minnesota and back to florida last year and to Mass and back this year. No issues and it trailed really nice. We did Airbnb all the way and loved it. We would Stay a couple of days and ryde around and then load up and go to the next stop.

Spyder Garage

Just found this one:

http://towsmarttrailers.com/products...vor-powersport

Runs around $2300 plus shipping ($189)

Spyder Garage

Tow Smart trailers has a 6'x9' that is fairly reasonable...just need a third wheel ramp to go with it.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Just go buy you a utility trailer that is 6 feet wide and at least 10 feet long with a gate on the back. You can get one for around $1200, and then get you four short (12") 2x6 boards and put them in front of your gate when loading and unloading , so the pieces of wood will raise up the Spyder as you approach the gate to lift up your front end so it will not hit the gate! Now put you some tie down brackets less than $35.00 on your trailer and tie it down front and rear! Now for about $1250 dollars, you can go across the US or anywhere you want to!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    Just go buy you a utility trailer that is 6 feet wide and at least 10 feet long with a gate on the back. You can get one for around $1200, and then get you four short (12") 2x6 boards and put them in front of your gate when loading and unloading , so the pieces of wood will raise up the Spyder as you approach the gate to lift up your front end so it will not hit the gate! Now put you some tie down brackets less than $35.00 on your trailer and tie it down front and rear! Now for about $1250 dollars, you can go across the US or anywhere you want to!
    6' with 1" to spare on each side?? No thanks! I'll go with a 7' & don't have to worry about scraping sidewalls & fenders.......

Spyder Garage

Are you pleased with the trailer after having it for a few months? I am looking at getting one but I need review input. Hope to year from you. My email is fweiss-wa@nwi.net

Spyder Garage
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver