Thread: 2015 RT

Spyder Garage

Default 2015 RT

We have a 2015 RT, it came with the Garmin installed, I want to add my cell phone somewhere what are my options?

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Benmannino View Post
    We have a 2015 RT, it came with the Garmin installed, I want to add my cell phone somewhere what are my options?

With the Garmin installed, I leave the cell phone in the trunk charging, and still have access to all information on the phone like calls, weather, radar, music with the exception of text, and that has an auto reply that I am driving and will get back with you later. All of that goes through the Garmin and into my headset.

Just curious, what would the advantage be of having the cell phone mounted?
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    With the Garmin installed, I leave the cell phone in the trunk charging, and still have access to all information on the phone like calls, weather, radar, music with the exception of text, and that has an auto reply that I am driving and will get back with you later. All of that goes through the Garmin and into my headset.

Just curious, what would the advantage be of having the cell phone mounted?
    Imsood my headsets never used them.

Spyder Garage

Default Ram mount bracket

I bought a bracket that goes on top of the dash, comes with three 1" ram mount. Then got an X-Grip with a 5" arm. Then adjust it so the arm is resting good on the dash to reduce vibration.

On my other spyder - replace one of the two upper bolts on your handlebars (7mm) and replace with the great item from canamspyderaccessories.com. It is a tall, threaded standoff with an X-Grip on top. Can position phone above GPS so both are visible.

http://www.canamspyderaccessories.co...ll-x-grip-ram/

https://www.tricledusa.com/product-p...t-dash-bracket

Either option should work great.

On our RT, The added benefit of the dash bracket is that I mounted a dash cam on it to look through the windshield. Bought a cheap dash cam with a reverse camera that I stuck on top of the trunk. I can grab clips of rydes to post. Also - great insurance in case some idiot on a cell phone tags you front or back.
    Last edited by stevencovert; 06-28-2018 at 05:34 PM.