Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CA-SPYDR View Post
    I got my 2018 RT Limited in March, and have a little over 3000 miles on it now. During this time I was able to figure out what were the most important things to do.

I think one of the best investments I made was the BajaRon anti-sway bar. Really stabilized my ride. I also added wide-vu mirrors to avoid the blind spots. It is amazing and highly recommended. And of course a RAM mount for my phone - how can you go without one?

I then added a cramp master to help me with the throttle because I noticed I'm getting a little numb in my fingers, especially when I do twisty roads that require a lot of twisting on the throttle. for highway I just use the cruise control - it's amazing.

After doing a couple thousand miles, I realized it will be so much easier on my back if I added a backrest. I added a Can-am backrest and never looked back. It took some adjustment to the backrest to get it right for my height but once I got it right it is amazing.

A couple of thousand miles also alerted me to the fact that My butt needs a softer surface to sit on so I added a butt pad by Alaska Leather.

Also looking for safety measures with my breaking lights, I installed a Vololight license plate frame. It recognized deceleration and flashes even before I hit the brakes (I like to slow down using the engine and gears). I am also adding some break/turn/stop LED lights to my rear trunk soon.

On my recent trip (about 1100 miles), I noticed that the belt vibrates around 70 mph. At first I thought there was something wrong with the bike but friends on one of the Facebook groups helped me realize what it was and I ordered a vibration dampener which one of the group members will install for me shortly.

I also installed Leadlox because when you travel with a lot of luggage, there is no room for your helmet in the Frunk and you do want it secured.

As you can see, the list is endless and there are so many things you can add. This was just my current list. I know it will grow as I put more miles on Polar Bear.

I have heard a lot about the sway bar, so that may be something to look forward to doing in the future. Do you have to re-align after installing?

I'm going to look up the cramp master, my whole hand goes numb on my bike and i noticed that it did when I rode the spyder last week. Annoying really

Back rest definitely.

I have the bead rider for cooling and comfort on my bike so I may try it out on the spyder. Its really nice, but good idea

Yes, lights lights and more lights to be seen, I am now going to look more into them.

The one I rode has the vibration at higher speeds, he has been reading about the idle pulley that helps with that on the belt. That will be later on tho I think. Can_AM has one for 34$ but all the others are 300+. I wonder how well made the 34$ is.

My helmet would fit in the rear left truck but not the right, however my is a full face. That is going to be a problem I need to figure out soon if we are riding two up.

I just gotta keep searching and narrow down going by all the replies to my post. I thank you for your information and will definitely go research it here in a few.

Thank You Again!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

andto the spyder web. Dale

Spyder Garage

I just added Spyderpops lighted bumpskid, LED headlights and LED fog lights at Spyders on the Bayou. Major difference. I now light up the whole road. My first farkle was passenger armrest for the wife, which she enjoys. Take your time and go slowly, as it tends to get expensive.
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    Spyderpops LED Bumpskid
    LED headlights and fog lights

Spyder Garage

Default RT accessories

I will be brief...beep-beep ...AIR HORN and cooling vest.

Good Ryding.

Test message.

2016 Spyder RT