Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Disappointing maiden voyage on new to us Spyder

POST #47 ON PAGE 2 HAS THE RESULTS OF MY SPYDERS PROBLEMS.
    Sorry about the length of this post but I'll keep it as short as possible
    BACKGROUND:
    We got rid of our 2011 Spyder RT in April because of mechanical issues. To get rid of it we traded it on a 2007 Goldwing because we've had goldwings in the past.
    The 2007 Wing was great but we both really really missed 3 wheels.
    Sold the Wing private and picked up a 2014 Spyder RT Limited in a private sale. Bike was taken to a reputable Spyder Dealer for a check over and safety prior to purchase.
    Picked up the Spyder 9 days ago and during the 9 days rode it 400 trouble free miles.
    Today was our day for a 300 mile return trip to our daughters.
    Here are the codes that we got not once but several times during our ride:
    C006C C003A P2159 P081E P0000
    Before going into limp mode with the engine light, abs light and ??????? The bike surged once like there was a fuel blockage and then ran fine for about 5 miles. This repeated itself about 4 times and the the limp mode etc came on.
    3 days ago I put a can of seafoam in the bike and filled the tank with Shell 91 octaine and rode it about 100 miles since then prior to today. My first thought was that the seafoam had possibly broken some deposits loose and the bike wasn't getting enough fuel.

Anyway, when the limp mode came on I pulled over immediately and shut the bike off and let it sit for 10 minutes. Fired it back up and engine light etc were still on. I started to proceed and the lights went off and everything seemed fine. Full power was back etc.
    This repeated itselt about 4 times during the 300 mile ride.
    When we got home, I went out alone and filled the bike up with regular fuel. After about 15 miles the bike went into limp mode and started to downshift all the way to first gear by itself.
    Pulled over, shut off for 5 minutes. Start up and proceed and lights went out and bike ran great. This repeated itself 4 times during a 40 mile ride.
    I'll take it to the dealer in the morning but man oh man is this ever discouraging. Here's a picture of the dash showing the lights. The engine light was also on so don't know why it's not in the picture.
    6A9AA9D7-668D-49B6-AB35-73B8D3B17E9C.jpg
    Last edited by Wrongway; 07-04-2018 at 09:36 PM.
    Greg
    2015 RT Limited (White)