Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Fuel door

  1. #1
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Queensland Australia
    Posts
    140
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default Fuel door

    DSCN1418.jpg

    Finally found time to install a fuel door. For those who may be confused as to what door to install, this door is for a 94-99 GMC Yukon/ 99-00 Yukon-Denali-escalade. The outer ring diameter is 6 3/8''. I've have big hands & have no problem getting my hands through the door to the gas cap. I installed a PermaCap11 which makes it's easier again.

    A special thanks to BLUEKNIGHT 911 for his invaluable info, & made it a piece of cake to install the door. Thanks again Mike.

  2. #2
    Very Active Member Chupaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA.
    Posts
    31,026
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default Well done....

    Even with the help of our resident expert on gas doors...still a good job. Looks great in black and handy no doubt...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

    ​2012 RS sm5

  3. #3
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Queensland Australia
    Posts
    140
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Even with the help of our resident expert on gas doors...still a good job. Looks great in black and handy no doubt...
    Thanks Chupaca, & yes It's very handy.

  4. #4
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Queensland Australia
    Posts
    140
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    , Thanks for the shout -out .....and glad I could help .....You did a nice job on that install ...........Mike
    Thanks Mike.

  5. #5
    Very Active Member al0vely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    609
    Spyder Garage
    2

    Default Expert installer

    Looks nice - now you are the latest expert installer. I'll need to make a trip to Australia so you can install one for me. *lol*
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L SE6 delivered 7/16/2016
    Lamonster - third peg, key cover; BRP - driver and passenger backrest, half cover, vibration damper; Wolo Bad Boy horn; Wrap My Spyder decals; SpyderPops - foam grips, BRT lights, mirror turn signal lights, bump skid; PB1 - F3 Performance Foot Pegs, MBL innovations luggage rack, Autoinbox top case, Show Chrome windshield

    2014 RTS SE6 - Circuit Yellow purch 3/2/2018
    No more 2 wheels

  6. #6
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Not Here
    Posts
    92,479
    Spyder Garage
    1

  7. #7
    aka: akspyderman ARtraveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    34,645
    Spyder Garage
    6

    Default

    A good job.

    Currently Owned: 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium), 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow), 2015 Vulcan 900 LTD

    Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) Pictures of 2008 and 2009 Spyders are in Alaska Albums 2009 and 2010.
    5 Spyders, 10 years, 145,375 miles


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Do you have a part number? Also, how did you install it and what kinds of tips do you have? My wife has a 2016 Rt Limtied and we need to install one now that my wife is traveling with her terrier in a pet holder on the back seat. Thanks!

  9. #9
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Oakley, Utah & Yuma, Arizona
    Posts
    5,534
    Spyder Garage
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregtal View Post
    Do you have a part number? Also, how did you install it and what kinds of tips do you have? My wife has a 2016 Rt Limtied and we need to install one now that my wife is traveling with her terrier in a pet holder on the back seat. Thanks!
    I agree. It's time for me to consider doing this mod on our two bikes so I don't have to lift up the seat (and remove whatever is on it) each time I refuel.

    2014 RTL Platinum & 2014 RTL Cognac
    Northern Utah in summer; Yuma, AZ in winter.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Another question - is there an inner ring part that the door locks onto? I found the fuel door on ebay, but it appears to need an inner ring because the lock flange on the picture of the part they posted doesn't mesh with anything...thanks!
    Last edited by Gregtal; 01-09-2019 at 03:19 PM.

  11. #11
    Very Active Member ofdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    sarasota, fl
    Posts
    877
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I do not think this will work on the F3.



    2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

  12. #12
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Central VERMONT
    Posts
    13,095
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregtal View Post
    Another question - is there an inner ring part that the door locks onto? I found the fuel door on ebay, but it appears to need an inner ring because the lock flange on the picture of the part they posted doesn't mesh with anything...thanks!
    I sent you a PM about this ….. Mike

  13. #13
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Queensland Australia
    Posts
    140
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregtal View Post
    Another question - is there an inner ring part that the door locks onto? I found the fuel door on ebay, but it appears to need an inner ring because the lock flange on the picture of the part they posted doesn't mesh with anything...thanks!
    Looks like BLUEKNIGHT911 has sent you his really good info. There is no inner ring. When the door is shut & the key turned to lock the door, the flange uses the thick plastic seat material to lock behind. See post #1 for the door. Manufacturer part # CBK-101BK. I've attached a few photos. Once the door is mounted, I filled in the void with black silastic. To Smooth it off use some watered down detergent or spit on your finger. See photo 3. Fairly easy job, & don't rush it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  14. #14
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Central VERMONT
    Posts
    13,095
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by treva View Post
    Looks like BLUEKNIGHT911 has sent you his really good info. There is no inner ring. When the door is shut & the key turned to lock the door, the flange uses the thick plastic seat material to lock behind. See post #1 for the door. Manufacturer part # CBK-101BK. I've attached a few photos. Once the door is mounted, I filled in the void with black silastic. To Smooth it off use some watered down detergent or spit on your finger. See photo 3. Fairly easy job, & don't rush it.
    and I see Treva used " T " nuts on the inside ...……...Mike

  15. #15
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    49
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    G'day Treva

    Where in Queensland are you located. If close to the Gold Coast, I would not mind having a look if that is OK with you.

    Cheers
    Frank

  16. #16
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Oakley, Utah & Yuma, Arizona
    Posts
    5,534
    Spyder Garage
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by treva View Post
    Looks like BLUEKNIGHT911 has sent you his really good info. There is no inner ring. When the door is shut & the key turned to lock the door, the flange uses the thick plastic seat material to lock behind. See post #1 for the door. Manufacturer part # CBK-101BK. I've attached a few photos. Once the door is mounted, I filled in the void with black silastic. To Smooth it off use some watered down detergent or spit on your finger. See photo 3. Fairly easy job, & don't rush it.
    Does it matter where the hinge is located?

    2014 RTL Platinum & 2014 RTL Cognac
    Northern Utah in summer; Yuma, AZ in winter.

  17. #17
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Queensland Australia
    Posts
    140
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    G'day Treva

    Where in Queensland are you located. If close to the Gold Coast, I would not mind having a look if that is OK with you.

    Cheers
    Frank
    Hello Frank, I'm located at Montville [ Near Maleny ] Sunshine Coast hinterland. If your up for it, by all means do come & have a look. Better still, ride up, or take seat off & drive, & I'll fit the door. No charge. Just Good to meet like minded spyder riders. Treva.

  18. #18
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Queensland Australia
    Posts
    140
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Does it matter where the hinge is located?
    G'day UP, yes it probably does matter. I installed the hinge for the door to open from left to right so it wouldn't interfere with the bowser fuel handle. It works a treat, & should be fitted as standard. Treva.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •