Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I'm one who goes to F/B and Spyderlovers, multiple times a day.........Can never get enough. I do like F/B for a few reasons, mainly for doing what it was initially designed for, and that was keeping in touch with friends and such......I could certainly do without all of the political crap.....When I don't want the political crap, I come to Spyderlovers.....Thanks for putting us in touch from both angles!!!
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I use both FB and S/L. I see many times people asking questions on FB, that get directed here for answers. The wealth of knowledge here, both in posts and people posting is a lot more then you get on FB.
    Keep the good work going here.

Spyder Garage

Yes Lamont, please keep this site going. I also do not do FB for all the reasons given and more. The information that can be gleaned from this site is priceless. I have never experienced any bullying on this site. You can’t be to thinned skinned on any forum. You always have to remember “ opinions are like Rectums, most everybody’s got one”. Ignore the ones you don’t care for, and learn from all the rest.
    Last edited by Jheck; 06-24-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

Lamonster, thank you for recognizing the issues and degradation of this site and making an effort to clean it up! I really like this site.

Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich View Post
    I was an Administrator for a very large forum.. thousands of posts/day. We had a very strict rule that if you couldn't say it in front of that person and their family, you weren't allowed to do it. It did NOT matter what the knowledge base of the contributor was! If they dominated and were rude, they were out.

These rude posters would tell us that the site would die without them, BUT it made for more activity because those people did not control the conversation. The opposite was true: we had MORE activity and knowledge sharing because it was easier for the people that rarely posted, but read a lot, to give their opinions.

Another thing that we tried to do was get the every day posters, the super-posters, the very active contributors, to NOT jump on newbies about posting something they could easily find in a search! This happens all the time here with tires, oil, etc., etc. Well, you know what? The veterans here do NOT own this site. There are many newbies that are unfamiliar with the site, and ask a question without knowing that it is a common topic. A veteran jumps on them for not using the search for the topic. This is NOT good for promoting activity on the forum.

Who cares if the same topic comes up? Veterans: answer the question or give the new poster some links to check out.. In other words, help them find what their question was!

And then, there is emoji abuse..... But I'll leave that alone.

Thanks Lamont for this site!
    tehrlich, I couldn't agree more!
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default re

Good to hear things are going to get better. I'll even do my part, and double check my Spelling.

Spyder Garage

facebook not that big for me. have to scroll through all sorts of stuff i could care less about
    to get to the few friends . i love this side, except for the bickering . im here to learn about our rides and the people behind[or on top] of them.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

SL is the main source of many ideas for the Spyder in my opinion. Unfortuntely there are some participants who want to say ‘something’ to just say ‘something’. If one needs or wants info on any issue for their ryde, it is great to be able to search and find something on what you are in need of. Bickering will forever be present as it is based simply on one’s opinion. We all have opinions and not all are the same. Thanks for a great source of entertainment and information about our rydes...Please keep it going!

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for keeping SL going

I, like many others, appreciate your keeping Spyderlovers going. I find it much better for searching for problems and solutions. I'm on the site every day and post when I have something of value to add to the discussion.

I'm less concerned about the need to moderate as none of us have to get caught up in someone's rant. I prefer open communications and a free voice.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Just found it, signed up now! Keep it going!
    2016 RTL Bumpskid, swaybar, Elka shocks, cat bypass, TwoBrothers exhaust, Fobo tpm, GPS Toplock, Ultimate seat and backrest!
    2016 RTL , Pedal extender White

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the direction to the FB. I don't use it much but I do find myself going there more often this weekend to check out folks posts. I like the FB because of the ease of posting photos.

I like the forums because of the ease of posting facts/info.

I think having both is awesome.
    2017 F3-L Intense red "Wings"
    Spyderpops Spyclops Light
    Tric LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Madstad Windshield
    Phoenix - Wrap My Spyder
    Lamonster Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Rich's Custom Seats
    2017 F3-L , Red/Black

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Lamont, I want to second all those who appreciate the work you two do for us Spyder Lovers. I have been a faithful member of this site since 2009, and will continue to be as long as SL is alive. Although I have a FB website, I really go to it. I don't like FB either.

When I read negative stuff on SL, I go back to what my Dad used to say..."just consider the source". I don't have time for negative crap in my life, it's too short. All I want to do is help other Spyder owners and...
    Ride in comfort,
    John

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the monitoring

Thanks for the monitoring - I have been here since 2016 and find this place to be an invaluable resource. There are so many FB groups and they are not searchable like this forum. I have only blocked one user but have another in mind but haven’t seen him post anything for a few days.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks Lamont!

Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    Thanks for the monitoring - I have been here since 2016 and find this place to be an invaluable resource. There are so many FB groups and they are not searchable like this forum. I have only blocked one user but have another in mind but haven’t seen him post anything for a few days.
    I also am NOT a facebook guy! I believe the problem that you have on this forum ( which is the same on all forums ), is you have your basic Arrogant,Obnoxious, Ridiculous forum Bullies that don't quite see that they are the problem. On many occasions I wanted to put these jerks in their place but it would be useless so I have restrained from getting into a heated war of words. I believe if we were having the conversation face to face I would not have been able to curb my feelings especially if someone else were getting bullied! You see the same people answering EVERY post and getting upset like little babies if everyone doesn't agree with them or worse yet, belittling posters if the subject had been touched on once upon a time. If they don't like the post they should just move on to the next and keep their unwanted ridiculous comments to themselves.
    UNFORTUNATELY those abusive full time forum bullies will not even think I am referencing them...what a shame!
    Lamont, keep up the stellar work!!
    Thanks........Jeff

Spyder Garage

Default Spydrelover FB

I signed up for FB yesterday and promptly signed off again. I was immediately overwhelmed by the number of posts which took over.
    I will continue my membership of this site, which I visit twice a day. Keep up the good work Lamont.
    Baz

Spyder Garage

I'm a content management nut, so I have a long history with hosting my own websites and forums on both websites and via social media. It's not an easy job and I understand your doubts to how much time to invest in this forum where services like Facebook can do half the job for you. However, I've learned the hard way that when you move your content to other "service providers" and away from websites that you manage...you also lose some control over that content (and membership). So, I'm glad you're deciding to continue to support this forum (and also willing to address those users that abuse the forum). If it wasn't for Google and this forum...I don't think I would have come across not only this forum, but your group also on Facebook.

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

Default Keep it going

I am new here but now check in a lot. I have found so much information on Spyders I don’t Facebook or tweeter ect. So I hope we can keep it up. Thanks
    2016 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

I'm on FB and SL. On FB, I keep up with my old SL friends I see maybe once a year or three. On SpyderLovers, I make new friends and help people when I can. I'm a chick, but know a thing or two about mechanics. If I can't help you, I won't post.

I've been on other long running forums before that closed down. The administrators 'moved on.' A trove of information was lost to those seeking help. Very sad.

Whatever forum I'm on, I think of myself as a guest in someone's home. Some people think they can just sit themselves down, put their feet of the coffee table and spill beer on the carpet.

Free speech is a right, but you still have to deal with the repercussion of your action.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

I applaud your position on cleaning up the the bully posters and other belligerent members that have infected this forum!
    This forum has been beyond words helpful to me in learning the in's and out's of my Spyder's and saved me a fortune in install costs with the tips & tricks I've learned here!
    Sadly in the last 12 to 18 months it has become a paled comparison to the place I joined 5 years ago.
    I realize that "another tire post" may annoy some, I don't understand why they need to berate the OP about doing a search for the topic ect.
    The time they take typing out their rant they could have just as easily answered the question or if it bothers them that much and knowing it's "another tire post" don't even open it!!!
    As we all know the age demographic's of the Spyder world is closer to the 60+ and not everyone has the computer skills of their grand children and it doesn't hurt to help the person out when they have a question as this forum was designed to do IMHO instead of making people afraid to ask the question in the first place!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default AGREED

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Guy View Post
    I applaud your position on cleaning up the the bully posters and other belligerent members that have infected this forum!
    This forum has been beyond words helpful to me in learning the in's and out's of my Spyder's and saved me a fortune in install costs with the tips & tricks I've learned here!
    Sadly in the last 12 to 18 months it has become a paled comparison to the place I joined 5 years ago.
    I realize that "another tire post" may annoy some, I don't understand why they need to berate the OP about doing a search for the topic ect.
    The time they take typing out their rant they could have just as easily answered the question or if it bothers them that much and knowing it's "another tire post" don't even open it!!!
    As we all know the age demographic's of the Spyder world is closer to the 60+ and not everyone has the computer skills of their grand children and it doesn't hurt to help the person out when they have a question as this forum was designed to do IMHO instead of making people afraid to ask the question in the first place!
    BRAVO....

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Lovers Forum

Way to go Lamont, long time in coming maybe more of us will respond and get involved now that the sarcastic comments will disappear.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up facebook

I am on Spyder # 6 due to spyderlovers, there are so many different problems and fixes for the Spyder that would scare lots of people away from the Can Am Spyder.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Good show Lamont. I have not come here as often the last couple of years, because of these reasons, so I would definitely check in more as I think it is a very useful and informative forum!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I too don't do FB; never have, never intend to, so thank you Lamont for this wonderful forum. And I hope you don't change its format as I find it easy to navigate, easy to upload pics, and embellished with just the right amount of and type of features.

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2016 Polaris Sportsman 570 ATV
    2003 F250 SuperDuty
    American Saddlebred Horses

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I saw something on one of your other FB pages that said to click and if you're a SL member you'd automatically join the new page. But it didn't work for me. So I've sent a join request now to the link in the OP here.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I saw something on one of your other FB pages that said to click and if you're a SL member you'd automatically join the new page. But it didn't work for me. So I've sent a join request now to the link in the OP here.
    It's not automatic, Just like this site I approve every member one at a time to keep out the spammers. I'm up to date right now.