Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Find us (SpyderLovers) on Facebook

I started this board back in 2007 when there was no Facebook. In the past few years I've spent more time there than on here. This is still a great place to search information, much easier than Facebook. My neglect of being here all the time has resulted in some degradation of the board. I plan on spending more time here turning that around. It is a great board but a few have made it a not so friendly place. All the boards I've run through the years have had the same problem. You get guys that can be helpful at times but also tend to be board bullies if someone doesn't agree with them. That's going to change and I'm sure there will be some removal of those members sooner than later. Till then I would ask that you hang in there and we will get this board back in shape again. Right now there is only one other moderator and we will be adding more soon to help keep this board a friendly and informative site.

I know some of you will never use Facebook and that's part of the reason I haven't shut this board down. That and the fact that there is so much good info here if you ask or search the board. For those of you that are on Facebook we do have a page for SpyderLovers that I run that you may not know about. For those of you that prefer that format here's the link.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/SpyderLovers

Spyder Garage

I am one of those that don't go on facebook anymore. Thanks for keeping this open as I am on here everyday and value the

information and opinions very much.

Bob

Spyder Garage

Default DITTO

Quote Originally Posted by vtown biker View Post
    I am one of those that don't go on facebook anymore. Thanks for keeping this open as I am on here everyday and value the

Bob
    DITTO Bob....
    FB has become violent, vicious & vulgar at times...
    no more FB for me...
    SL is far better anyways....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Default Good Move!

Thanks Lamont!

Just please call me before you ban me!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    FB has become violent, vicious & vulgar at times...SL is far better anyways....
    I agree. I haven't yet quite given up on FB, because it does have some value. But, for good discussions and info on all things Spyder, this is the only place for me.

It took awhile to learn how to restrain myself when participating in 'off-topic' threads. I was part of the problem and not part of the solution. I hope my recent (the last few weeks) responses have shed more light than heat. I don't learn anything about Spyders in those threads, but they do expose me to a way of thinking and seeing life quite different from my own - and I don't want to lose that.

Anyway, I'm glad to still be part of this large, engaged, helpful and vibrant community.

So, thanks to all of you and in particular Lamont for putting up with me during the learning process.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 06-23-2018 at 01:27 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Thanks for not shutting SL down.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-24-2018 at 06:15 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks to Lamonster

Spyder Garage

I am also one of those who have not shut out FB, but find that I go on it very seldom and am on here daily...sometimes 2 or 3 times per day, depending on the weather. Thank you Lamont, for endeavoring to “clean up” this site.
    Bruce

2014 RTS-SE6
    Tri-Axis Handlebars
    Sena BT Dongle
    Sirius Radio
    Dash bar
    Show Chrome Trunk Rack

"You know that a politician is lying if his lips are moving"

Spyder Garage

I don't do Facebook at all, so this forum is really the only place (for me) to get good, solid information and feedback on technical issues and questions about Spyders in general, etc. Are there some folks here who are just flat out mean spirited? You bet there are. Are there folks like that on Facebook and other social media? Of course. People are who they are, no matter what social media site they frequent, or soapbox that they are standing on. They are not going to change. Getting booted off of any given social media site is no big deal to them. They'll just find another outlet for their diatribes.

Just my 2 cents worth.

And thank you Lamont for keeping this ​forum up and running.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default hey lamonster and lady

thank you for the efforts and the job you 2 keep up with , spyder riders are super fun groups ! and one day hope to meet you 2 folks some where along the line .... cheers to those who help and have fun ! ( weather up next ! )

Spyder Garage

Default Gotta say.....

Just not the same...will hang here as long as it is up and running.. good luck with the FB page and thanks for not giving up on this one...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Just not the same...will hang here as long as it is up and running.. good luck with the FB page and thanks for not giving up on this one...
    I guess Llana is okay with it!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=vtown biker;1371667]I am one of those that don't go on facebook anymore. Thanks for keeping this open as I am on here everyday and value the

Bob[/QUOT

I don't go on to Face book( for other reasons) either.

I like this site, I find/and I get a lot of spyder information on this site. I have posted, and have started a lot of threads( D.E.S.S. KEY CODE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! which is a very long thread, I know that a lot of current/ new spyder owners have posted on that thread. Also other threads,/ pictures that I have posted have been very useful/helpful , to other spyder owners.)

I am on this site as much I can, I am still in the work force full time. Also life Gets in the way!

I have met some very interesting spyder owners from near and far. ( Spyderfest, and SpyderQuest).

A Big Thank You Lamont for keeping this site going, and not closing this site down.

Deanna
    Last edited by Deanna777; 06-24-2018 at 11:32 AM. Reason: added to post @ 12:311 on 6/24/2018

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks for keeping this going,I am not a facebook user and I visit this forum everyday to learn something new.More good people here then bad,just ignore the bad ones,thanks again.

Spyder Garage

"I know some of you will never use Facebook..."

Back when I was still in the military, we had it pounded into our skulls that Facebook was a massive operational security and personal security nightmare. We were repeatedly given info on how to minimize your families' exposure. Facebook is a MASSIVE privacy threat.

The recent news about how Facebook, Google, Amazon, etc., scrape all your personal information off your devices for marketing purposes only confirms what I was taught back then. Needless to say, I don't "do" social media. Boards like this is where I get my riding community info.

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Count me as a regular user on here. It's THE best source for info on everything Spyder related! Many thanks for supplying this great site!

As for Facebook.........it sucks! I was on it for about three years. There were a few things I liked, but the crap that goes along with it is horrible! I closed my account a year ago and things would have to undergo a MASSIVE overhaul before I would ever consider going back!

Please know that your efforts here are greatly appreciated by the vast majority. A big thank you for all you do and have done!
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

I was an Administrator for a very large forum.. thousands of posts/day. We had a very strict rule that if you couldn't say it in front of that person and their family, you weren't allowed to do it. It did NOT matter what the knowledge base of the contributor was! If they dominated and were rude, they were out.

These rude posters would tell us that the site would die without them, BUT it made for more activity because those people did not control the conversation. The opposite was true: we had MORE activity and knowledge sharing because it was easier for the people that rarely posted, but read a lot, to give their opinions.

Another thing that we tried to do was get the every day posters, the super-posters, the very active contributors, to NOT jump on newbies about posting something they could easily find in a search! This happens all the time here with tires, oil, etc., etc. Well, you know what? The veterans here do NOT own this site. There are many newbies that are unfamiliar with the site, and ask a question without knowing that it is a common topic. A veteran jumps on them for not using the search for the topic. This is NOT good for promoting activity on the forum.

Who cares if the same topic comes up? Veterans: answer the question or give the new poster some links to check out.. In other words, help them find what their question was!

And then, there is emoji abuse..... But I'll leave that alone.

Thanks Lamont for this site!
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default You noticed...

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I guess Llana is okay with it!
    She signs on to all those Facebook sites...she is on facebook....I'm not...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Post Facebook is creepy

I'm a software developer, and I closed and explicitly deleted my Facebook account 5 years ago after learning the amount of information they collect about each one of us, and sell it to the shady "research" companies. They brag about collecting 5,000 datapoints about each person. Can you name 5,000 distinct pieces of information about yourself?

No? That means Facebook knows about you more than you know about yourself, including where you live, where you work, where you are at this moment, who your friends and relatives are, what your favorite food and drinks are, what you like to watch on tv and who you've voted for. Those are just 9 datapoints What they don't know they can extrapolate.

The problem is - they sell your private life to anyone willing to pay for it.

My point is - I'll stick around this forum, even though I'm probably missing out on knowing when my friends' wives are "checking in" Starbucks with their kids and posting selfies with caramel macchiato

...unless Lamonster bans me. Then I'll have to ryde in the dark.

Spyder Garage

Will continue to follow SL FB and a few others for info, particularly local riding groups. As for SL I have felt for quite awhile like this is a hostile zone, "board bullies" never heard that one but it sounds like Lamonster is aware. Knowing there is a problem is the first step. Thanks.

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, Lamonster! It will be nice not to have to duck so much around here.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lamont, keep this site going. I read it daily and learn things about Spyders and the thoughts of others. I don't do Face Book for the reasons posted above.....

I hope you and others will be in Boerne, TX again for the Spyders in the Hills rally this October.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Lamont, keep this site going. I read it daily and learn things about Spyders and the thoughts of others. I don't do Face Book for the reasons posted above.....

I hope you and others will be in Boerne, TX again for the Spyders in the Hills rally this October.

I'm coming to the Spyders in the Hills event. I've learned a lot from you and it would be nice to meet you.
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich View Post
    I'm coming to the Spyders in the Hills event. I've learned a lot from you and it would be nice to meet you.
    Yes, look for me. Thanks.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree with George... This is STILL the best place for "All Things Spyder"!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black