Spyder Garage

Default Coolant overflow tank removal

My coolant overflow tank has produced a leak right at the seam where the 2 halves were joined.
    I've already ordered the new tank.
    My question: is there any other way to replace the tank without removing the frunk?
    I watched a YouTube video how to remove frunk.
    Any tricks to this process that you could share?
    2011 rt LTD.
    It's a 21 now....,BUT I like being on top
    TricLed afterburnerz gen2
    BajaRon sway bar
    F4 customs SRT 28" Clear Wide

2011 RT limited , BajaRon plugs and custom wires Pearl white

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Coolant tank removal

Removing the frunk is not required.

From the shop manual:

Remove the mirrors and side panels necessary in order to remove the front fascia around the headlights. Then remove the right headlight. Remove the pressure cap from the tank, disconnect the overflow hose, then you should be able to unlatch the tank and lift it out. At that point, in order to minimize the loss of coolant, you can pinch off the hoses then remove them. The hose clamp on the bottom of the tank is an Oetiker clamp, so you'll have to destroy that to remove it. Replace any clamp with a clamp of your choice. Oetiker clamps are great provided they are installed properly. Otherwise, a screw clamp is OK.

Edit: I seem to recall that someone mentioned that they were able to wrangle the thing out of there without removing the headlight. Removing that fascia panel is the biggest obstacle. Good luck with it.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 06-23-2018 at 08:03 AM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    Removing the frunk is not required.

From the shop manual:

Remove the mirrors and side panels necessary in order to remove the front fascia around the headlights. Then remove the right headlight. Remove the pressure cap from the tank, disconnect the overflow hose, then you should be able to unlatch the tank and lift it out. At that point, in order to minimize the loss of coolant, you can pinch off the hoses then remove them. The hose clamp on the bottom of the tank is an Oetiker clamp, so you'll have to destroy that to remove it. Replace any clamp with a clamp of your choice. Oetiker clamps are great provided they are installed properly. Otherwise, a screw clamp is OK.

Edit: I seem to recall that someone mentioned that they were able to wrangle the thing out of there without removing the headlight. Removing that fascia panel is the biggest obstacle. Good luck with it.

Thanks! Another great page for the Spyder Repairs & Hacks bookmarks
    2011 Spyder RT-S
    LtCol, USAF Ret
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    2011 RT , Yes Blue

Spyder Garage

Disconnect hose at bottom and top but the tank still will not come out!