Spyder Garage

Default Cardo packtalk bold and the 2018 can am blue tooth radio.

I have purchased the Cardo packtalk bold and have been able to pair it with both the headset menu of the spyder and the the phone menu. I selected headset for the audio output also. I can not get it to send the audio to the helmet speakers. Has anyone found a solution. I can't find anything that will give me a clue as to what I am doing wrong.

Rich

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rvanbeek View Post
    I have purchased the Cardo packtalk bold and have been able to pair it with both the headset menu of the spyder and the the phone menu. I selected headset for the audio output also. I can not get it to send the audio to the helmet speakers. Has anyone found a solution. I can't find anything that will give me a clue as to what I am doing wrong.

Rich
    I have the Cardo Freedom 4. It is picky about tapping the pairing button again after you hear "pairing" to pair with "phone 1", "phone 2", etc. I don't have a 2018, but it connects OK to a second helmet, my phone and GPS. Maybe try pairing it to the bike as not a phone (if that makes sense). Maybe the GPS? In what mode are you trying to pair the Cardo as (phone, gps, etc.)?

Spyder Garage

I'm trying to pair headset that is part of Spyder radio set up.

Spyder Garage

Are you trying to pair to the bike radio ? If so can not be done , Stupid brp screwed that up big time .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

stmike: Are you saying that I can't pair the Bluetooth radio of a 2018 RT limited? If not why do they have a setup choice to connect Headset and bike? Any insight would be appreciated.

Spyder Garage

You can load BRP connect for gps ,and blue tooth it to a head set . The radio in the bike is just a brick ,can not hear it at speed and it will not connect to blue tooth or a cord .

Someone with more info will give you the heads up . I hate blue tooth ,can not get my freecom 2 to work ,i am old and grumpy .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

I talked with dealer on Saturday. He will be sending an issue ticket to Can Am to find out what the deal is with the radio.

Spyder Garage

I contacted BRP care ,guess what they do not give a rats azz.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Default Radio

I also have an 2018 using Sena headsets. I learned that the radio and AUX are not designed to work with Bluetooth headsets. Only the external speakers.

Spyder Garage

I have an 2014 RT. I use the Sena SM10 to send radio stack to bluetooth head set. I don't know why that would not work for you. BRP has never sent, as far as I am aware, radio stack to headsets without a bluetooth intermediary like the SM10.
    2014 RT Limited Black Currant, BaJaRon Anti-Sway Bar and Links, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder. More to Come.
    08 Honda Aero - wife's
    14 Kymco - wife's (Hmmmmm...i'm losing bikes)

Spyder Garage

For systems with BRP Connect, SW update 20.8 sends radio and aux to headsets. Seems to work well
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McClendons View Post
    For systems with BRP Connect, SW update 20.8 sends radio and aux to headsets. Seems to work well
    I have a 2018 RTL with firmware v20.8. Today I installed Cardo Freedom 4 systems on the wife's and my helmet. Although I was able to pair them with the Spyder Bluetooth, it will not play aux through the headsets. What am I missing?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Insyder View Post
    I have a 2018 RTL with firmware v20.8. Today I installed Cardo Freedom 4 systems on the wife's and my helmet. Although I was able to pair them with the Spyder Bluetooth, it will not play aux through the headsets. What am I missing?
    I'd not tried Aux since my update, just had seen the setting was Aux over bluetooth. I just looked at mine and it says it is sending Aux over Bluetooth, but no sound. Interesting, I wonder if 20.8 still has a bug in it.....I am using a PacTalk Bold, but since FM works fine do not think it is a pairing issue.
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey