Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Dash Display malfunction - runs but no dash, horn, etc - Any Ideas?

2011RS Problem starting when key is turned on dash doesnt light up and show the check function they go through.Occasionally retryed and every thing works. though the display is not working i can start the bike then quite often the display will work some times with the engine managment symbol lit. turn bike off again and everthing works perfectly . their are no codes coming up. when not working correctly no horn or indicators but hazards work. Has new battery . check connections have removed and checked all fuses and relays and cleaned all terminal to

Interested to hear from some one that might have had a similar problem...

Thanks Peter

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Display problem.

Quote Originally Posted by gissyguy View Post
    2011RS Problem starting when key is turned on dash doesnt light up and show the check function they go through.Occasionally retryed and every thing works. though the display is not working i can start the bike then quite often the display will work some times with the engine managment symbol lit. turn bike off again and everthing works perfectly . their are no codes coming up. when not working correctly no horn or indicators but hazards work. Has new battery . check connections have removed and checked all fuses and relays and cleaned all terminal to

Thanks Peter
    Looks like after118 looks no one seems to or have had a display problem,Well i have with the help of a local friend which owns a similar bike have sorted it out And of course these are the places to let every one know as to if any one starts to suffer from the gremlins.
    It was fixed by the replacement of the no2 main relay from the front fuse box, it had become lazy Now back to enjoying the bike

Spyder Garage

Glad you got it resolved and thanks for reporting back.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

Display errors are mostly caused by three things. Bad fuses/relays, loose connections, or battery getting ready to fail. Since you had starting power--the other option seemed to work.

I note you have a 2011. If your still on the original battery--it may be time to change it out. I do mine every four years--whether they need them or not.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Sorry did not see your post first time around. Thanks for coming back with the solution. It may help someone else.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks like after118 looks no one seems to or have had a display problem,
    I'm pretty sure that several display problems have been reported and discussed on here in the past.
    Did you actually do any searches to see if you could find them ??

Anyhow, glad that you got it fixed. Seems like I remember that most with problems finally went completely dead and the dashboard/display had to be replaced.

Spyder Garage

Default 2009 RS SM5 runs but no dash, horn, etc - Any Ideas?

My 2009 has recently been having intermittently no display on the gauges while also no horn, turn signals or power steering. The bike starts and runs great but with no display you don't know speed, rpm, which gear, etc. I have checked battery connections, messed with fuses but don't know what there is in common with the loss of specific items. Gauges and all return without explanation. No check engine codes.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-15-2023 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Thanks Peter
    Do not know if you are still out there, but my 2009 just started doing same thing, additionally lost of power steering assist. I tried everything you did initially and finally went to the Spyder blog. Thanks for your input and will go look for a Number 2 main relay.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-15-2023 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

Have you pulled the dash component and checked for corrosion on the pins? A possibility.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS T View Post
    Do not know if you are still out there, but my 2009 just started doing same thing, additionally lost of power steering assist. I tried everything you did initially and finally went to the Spyder blog. Thanks for your input and will go look for a Number 2 main relay.
    His last post was in Nov. of 2018 !!!!! .... so ... not likely .... good luck with your issue .... Mike