Spyder Garage

Default Anyone do a Moto vlog?

John & I want to start shooting videos of our rides to share with family and friends. We need a helmet mounted camera and I’ve heard that the Sena Prism Tube is a good choice but nobody has it in stock. I’d love to hear your experiences!
    2018 RT Limited Champagne Dark

Spyder Garage

Default Equipment for Moto vlogging

Would like to hear about your setup.

Spyder Garage

Default Sena 10C

I use a Sena 10C on the side of my helmet. It is more costly than the Prism, but a good camera. It has so many features, I seldom use them all.

Here's an example video:
    Gary

US Army Vietnam era vet

2023 Can Am F3
    2020 Can Am Ryker 900 ACE (traded)
    2013 Can Am Spyder RT SE5 (traded)
    2012 Suzuki Burgman 400 (sold)
    2012 Honda NC700X (sold)
    2012 Honda CBR250 (sold)

States visited on 2 or 3

2020 900 Ace , Black on black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Garydj View Post
    I use a Sena 10C on the side of my helmet. It is more costly than the Prism, but a good camera. It has so many features, I seldom use them all.

Here's an example video:
    Thank you, Gary! I’ll look into the Sena 10c. We use the SMH-10 dual intercom and love those. Thanks again for sharing your video.

Spyder Garage

Hello,

I just started a video log of my rides up here in Canada, Kingston Ontario area to be exact and am finding out how time consuming it can be. Currently I am using my old GoPro 3 Silver edition and a Asako EK7000 4K camera but I am having a difficult time trying to figure out what video editing software to use. Any suggestions?

Take care,
    Mark Gadbois

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0U..._as=subscriber

Spyder Garage

Get in touch with DrDavo...some really impressive footage.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...t=ozark+spyder
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mhoecker View Post
    John & I want to start shooting videos of our rides to share with family and friends. We need a helmet mounted camera and I’ve heard that the Sena Prism Tube is a good choice but nobody has it in stock. I’d love to hear your experiences!
    Google Shaun Smoak. He's a motorcycle tech up in Oregon/Washington. Great guy who does a lot of video vlogs and seems to know a lot about equipment. He's very approachable, I wouldn't hesitate reaching out to him about tips and tricks

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Advice good on both Shawn S and Sena. Those are two very good go too's for starters.

Videos about rides and sharing them with the rest of us are always welcome.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I watch Shawn Smoak while I do my physical therapy. Makes the time go by quicker. https://www.youtube.com/user/fzrsmkr

I'm a viewer, not a video maker. I have one tip from the viewer point of view, and I don't know how to accomplish it safely. When riding a motorcycle your head is supposed to be on a swivel at all times. It's called situational awareness. But doing that also makes for nauseating video viewing. Watch Smoak ride, you'll see him scan left and right occasionally. Watch others and it's like riding a roller coaster. Not sure if it's his camera setup or just how he's learned to ride while filming.

Watch Smoak and a couple of others, see what matches what you want to see. I'm kind of a data junkie, so videos that don't include the dashboard so I can see speed and tach don't interest me as much. Smoak has a pretty good setup as far as POV, kind of like you're actually in the driver position.

Martin (MartinTheVlogger) riding in Serbia and Europe also has an interesting setup. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ-...ZwJItBKLk9jg7g He has multiple cameras set up but the one on the tripod above and behind him provides an interesting view. With the vibrations in the camera, it almost looks like a video game type view.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.