Spyder Garage

Cool 2017 F3 Limited handgrip size?

Greetings All,

I would like to replace the original hand-grips with Kuryakyn ISO grips but, I'm not sure if I have 7/8 inch or 1" handlebars. I looked in the manual and musta missed the info cause I t'ain't seeing it!

At $75 a shot I want to make sure I order the correct grips the first time. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

The bars are 1 1/8" on my F3 base model.
    They may taper to a smaller diameter at the grip ends. Never had the grips off to check.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

The handlebars on a Spyder are different because the bars themselves end at the grips....I.e. the grips are a separate component. This has been discussed before, but I can’t remember the outcome. I do believe ISO grips for a Goldwing fit..... If you do a search for replacement grips and Gold Wing you should find some references.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Here’s Lamont showing an ISO install.....there might be something in there....
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...t=Grip+install

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default Handgrip replacement

Thanks for the input Gentlemen! I'll do some research here on the board as well.

Spyder Garage

Default KURYAKYN ISO GRIPS 7/8 OR 1 INCH

Want to up grade to a larger diameter grips for obvious comfort reasons. On my 17' F3L should I purchase a 1 inch or 7/8 inch set because it will go over the stock heated grips.. I am of belief the 7/8 will be too small as I will not remove but just trim the end of the stock grips so I can slide over the larger Kuryakyn set.