Thread: Bad right leg

Spyder Garage

Default Bad right leg

I have a 2015 F3S and a bad hip right side so my leg at times won't work. After a few close calls I have thought about the hand brake but $1600 . So my next thought a foot brake back up on the left side , that would connect to the right side. Has it been done and how did it work. Thanks Jim

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redrt View Post
    I have a 2015 F3S and a bad hip right side so my leg at times won't work. After a few close calls I have thought about the hand brake but $1600 . So my next thought a foot brake back up on the left side , that would connect to the right side. Has it been done and how did it work. Thanks Jim
    As well as my F3-T SE6, I have a 77 H-D sporty trike that's got a 'servi-car' rear end … I am a lower left leg amputee and at one stage was thinking about doing exactly the same thing you are but for me it was going to be for changing gears but with my right foot …

There are existing apparatus about that do let you use an 'extension' for the opposite foot for whichever function you are after …
    Last edited by fatenhappy; 06-15-2018 at 07:04 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking.....

https://www.google.com/search?q=left.....69i57.14536j

Found quite a few ideas but have no knowledge or experience with any of them.
    Last edited by Chupaca; 06-15-2018 at 09:58 AM.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Don't know of any specific items to help you. Pursuing your idea is good. I drove for three years with a vary bad hip--but was able to hit the brake with no issues--in my case.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Enabled Riders

Search for a thread with "enabled riders" in it's title(s) -- there may even be a separate forum on this board, don't recall. Anyway, this is a likely place to find what modifications those with physical challenges have preformed to make their Spyder work for their difficulties. In addition, reach out to the Road Warrior Foundation -- this is the foundation that partners with BRP to take disabled veterans on a cross country ride (BRP provides the Spyders and they are modified for the needs of each veteran on the ride that year). Our mighty leader, Lamont Bryden and his wife Joan have participated in this ride for several years.

Two places I can think of where you might find some ideas and real help …. ride safe …. Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redrt View Post
    Hi Jim, i purchased a 2016 F3s last year and haven't got round to selling a couple of parts that i removed, one was a set of foot boards and the other was a hand operated brake set up that the previous owner had fitted as he had no use of his legs. It fitted on the right hand side of the handlebars and had a sensitivity screw adjustment. It took about 40 minutes to remove and was purpose made for the F3s. Can't remember the make and i'm away for a few days but if you are interested let me know and I will take some photos etc, regards Rigsby (Nick)