Spyder Garage

Default Republic of Texas Motorcycle Rally Spyder Represents!

We are fortunate to be friends with the founder of the "ROT Motorcycle Rally" in Austin. It is the largest "turnstile" motorcycle event in the US. One really fun thing that happens is a parade of thousands of motorcycles from the fair grounds to downtown Austin.

Yes, a black Spyder RT Limited help lead the pack! We were #3 in line after the owner!

At the end of the parade, the actors from the soon-to-be-released TV series: The Mayans MC, jumped in front of us and finished the parade. This is the spin off of the Sons of Anarchy. They filmed them as leading the parade. I'm hoping that my Spyder makes it into that episode! The actors were very TOUGH-looking, but incredibly nice. They kept talking to my wife for some reason! LOL...
    Republic of Texas Rally downtown Austin by Todd Ehrlich
    on Flickr
    Republic of Texas Rally 2018 by Todd Ehrlich, on Flickr
    Republic of Texas Parade by Todd Ehrlich, on Flickr
    Republic of Texas Parade Start by Todd Ehrlich, on FlickrRepublic of Texas ZZ Top by Todd Ehrlich, on Flickr
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=tehrlich;1369327]We are fortunate to be friends with the founder of the "ROT Motorcycle Rally" in Austin. It is the largest "turnstile" motorcycle event in the US. One really fun thing that happens is a parade of thousands of motorcycles from the fair grounds to downtown Austin.

Yes, a black Spyder RT Limited help lead the pack! We were #3 in line after the owner!

At the end of the parade, the actors from the soon-to-be-released TV series: The Mayans MC, jumped in front of us and finished the parade. This is the spin off of the Sons of Anarchy. They filmed them as leading the parade. I'm hoping that my Spyder makes it into that episode! The actors were very TOUGH-looking, but incredibly nice. They kept talking to my wife for some reason! LOL...

You talk all about your wife in the post, but only show pictures of your daughter. Your wife must be a stunner to make up for your mug!

Thanks for for the great pictures.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a great event and Austin is an awesome city! Way to represent the Spyder community!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich View Post
    We are fortunate to be friends with the founder of the "ROT Motorcycle Rally" in Austin. It is the largest "turnstile" motorcycle event in the US. One really fun thing that happens is a parade of thousands of motorcycles from the fair grounds to downtown Austin.

Republic of Texas Rally downtown Austin by Todd Ehrlich
    on Flickr
    Republic of Texas Rally 2018 by Todd Ehrlich, on Flickr
    Republic of Texas Parade by Todd Ehrlich, on Flickr
    Republic of Texas Parade Start by Todd Ehrlich, on FlickrRepublic of Texas ZZ Top by Todd Ehrlich, on Flickr
    Looks like a good time. I forgot all about the ROT Rally, and spent the weekend in San Antonio. Hope you show up in the film footage.
    2016 RTS Special Triple Black, BRP Freedom Trailer, Spyder Pops Rear Lighting Kit, Spyder Pops Full view Turn Signals, Trunk Light, Rivco Highway Pegs. Doc's Spring Tensioners, Trunk Organizer, Magic Mirrors, Foam Grips, back to Stock Windsheild, Lamonsters cat delete, Bajaron sway bar, More Farkles to come !!

Spyder Garage

Lol. Not my daughter, but my wife that is somewhere between 40 and 60 years old. Would never reveal her age, but she is somewhere exactly in the middle of that range.
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

ROT Rally had awesome weather and a great turnout. ZZ Top was awesome.

It has a lot of Mardis Gras debauchery, but can be avoided. Security is always very good.

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default T, Thanks for the pics on the Flickr site. Great pics

ROT Rally had awesome weather and a great turnout. ZZ Top was awesome.

It has a lot of Mardis Gras debauchery, but can be avoided. Security is always very good.
    I've heard that about the Rally, and everyone I talk to that have gone had a really great time and were able to avoid most of the raunchy crowd. Hear of any serious accidents at the Rally this year?
    2016 RTS Special Triple Black, BRP Freedom Trailer, Spyder Pops Rear Lighting Kit, Spyder Pops Full view Turn Signals, Trunk Light, Rivco Highway Pegs. Doc's Spring Tensioners, Trunk Organizer, Magic Mirrors, Foam Grips, back to Stock Windsheild, Lamonsters cat delete, Bajaron sway bar, More Farkles to come !!

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks .....

Great pictures and links. for taking us along . Looks like a fun time was had by all and the eye candy is very nice.....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TexAmRider View Post
    I've heard that about the Rally, and everyone I talk to that have gone had a really great time and were able to avoid most of the raunchy crowd. Hear of any serious accidents at the Rally this year?
    No serious accidents that I heard however.....

One of our good friends sold her Harley to get funds to buy her husband his dream Harley two days before the rally.

They sell the bike. Go to the bank and cash the check for $23,000. They immediately go across the highway to Woods Fun Center in Austin to buy the bike. They were in the shop for only minutes when someone broke their truck window and stole the cash.

They had been watched and followed.

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Great pictures and links. for taking us along . Looks like a fun time was had by all and the eye candy is very nice.....
    I was looking pretty dapper! Thanks! LOL>>>

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

No serious accidents that I heard however.....

One of our good friends sold her Harley to get funds to buy her husband his dream Harley two days before the rally.

They sell the bike. Go to the bank and cash the check for $23,000. They immediately go across the highway to Woods Fun Center in Austin to buy the bike. They were in the shop for only minutes when someone broke their truck window and stole the cash.

They had been watched and followed.
    that is so terrible...!! So sorry to hear that.
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Spyder Garage

Apparently, it is more common than one would think.

2015 RT Limited , black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Apparently, it is more common than one would think.
    Why? Don't people trust banks in Texas? I'm just curious; I can't imagine carrying that much cash around - and then leaving it in a vehicle?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Why? Don't people trust banks in Texas? I'm just curious; I can't imagine carrying that much cash around - and then leaving it in a vehicle?
    I don't know the details. I'm speculating that they got a cash deal on the motorcycle.

2015 RT Limited , black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't know the details. I'm speculating that they got a cash deal on the motorcycle.
    Okay, I just thought you meant it was common for people to use cash for large transactions in Texas. Maybe you meant vehicle B&E is common?

Anyway, sounds like a great event and an honor to be a prominent part of it.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 06-15-2018 at 03:36 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Didn't mean to imply that.

Somehow the thieves knew they cashed the check at the bank and followed them.

2015 RT Limited , black